Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Washington Football Team

DJames

So that's it.. the name that the Skins will go with this season. Too bad they didn't pick Washington Team Football or WTF for short. Wonder what they will pick in the end.

Greylien

The Washington Sniksder. The Karens can't complain about something they don't understand, can they? LOL

That's Redskins spelled backwards. They can just say they did an about face about their attitude and, technically, they wouldn't be lying. :)

TynBox

The Washington Losers. That's all they do anyway.

Back in the early 1900's and such when football was still in its infancy, a team would be named after the business of the man who owned the team. The Tonawanda Kardex is one example. Kardex being the name of the office supply company that sponsored the team, Tonawanda being the name of the town, a suburb of Buffalo, where they played their games.

( I like history :) )

Jordaci

Tynbox, that's pretty interesting! I'm from a town about 40 miles from Buffalo and I didn't know that!

I love the idea of the name backwards. I'm sure people would complain still though.