Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WAR Ready to Rumble 2007 - Saturday June 2nd

kingofspin

On Saturday 2nd June 2007 wrestling returns to the halls of Lawrence Sheriff School in Rugby. British wrestling superstars will be fighting it out in a night of adrenaline fuelded family entertainment! The show is called “Ready to Rumble” and will feature a massive 30 man Rumble to decide the number one contender to the Wrestling Association of Rugby’s (WAR) Heavyweight Championship.

Wrestlers from all around the country will descend on Rugby to participate in this “Royal Rumble” matchup. 30 competitors will enter the ring at one minute intervals and attempt to eliminate each other by throwing them over the top rope and to the floor below. There are no disqualifications in this contest so anything and everything is legal! Who will eliminate the 29 other competitors and become the new Rumble Champion?

There will be 4 other contests on the night including a tag team match pitting The Spindoctor and Matt Champion against The Special Forces: Tank and B52 and the WAR Heavyweight Championship contest with the champion Louie Zerr going one on one with the 303lbs monster known as The Judge!

The show will be held on Saturday 2nd June at Lawrence Sheriff School, Clifton Road, Rugby. Tickets are available now by calling 01788 561735 or by emailing tickets@waruk.co.uk. Entrance to the show is £5 for adults, £4 for under 15’s and £15 for a family ticket of 2 Adults and 2 Children. Doors open at 7.00 and the event starts at 7.30. Presales are going strong so be sure to reserve now to guarantee your place at WAR Ready to Rumble 2007. Check out www.waruk.co.uk for more information!

Last edited:

kingofspin

Current Card:

Red Tiger Axel Bowen's Cruiserweight Challenge

Special Forces: Tank & B52 vs Matt Champion & "King of Spin" The Spindoctor

Dante vs Fireman Stan

30 Man ROYAL RUMBLE:
Nero
Special Agent
Wheeler
Pyro
Damien Grant
Kevin O'Neil
Rodd Hunter
Todd Hunter
Brandon Thomas
The Spindoctor
Matt Champion
The Executioner
Red Tiger Axel Bowen
Old School Jack London
Iggy Taylor
T-Rex
Tank
B52 Lance Corporal
Dante
Roselyn
Brandon Flynn
Fireman Stan
Momento
Simon Cann

The Icon

Sounds great and pity I don't live near there or I would be going. Just one comment though I am pretty sure the name royal rumble is trademarked by you know who. Which means you shouldn't be using it.

kingofspin

Sounds great and pity I don't live near there or I would be going. Just one comment though I am pretty sure the name royal rumble is trademarked by you know who. Which means you shouldn't be using it.
I understand the match format is referred to as a Royal Rumble in the wrestling circuit hense the use of the name in the match. Simply to quickly and easilly put across the rules in a format wrestling fans know. I could have put Battle Royale but that wouldnt have been accurate for the staggered entrances. Besides, I dont believe Vinnie will have a problem with me using their match title - just as Keiji Mutoh would have little problem me calling my finisher the shining wizard or using a steel chair during the event.

Shame you cant make it, its going to be a cracker!