Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

US Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew J Stark

Heyfolks. Just wondering what everyone reckons to whats happening right now. Also does anyone know any decent links to explanations as to how the whole confusing process works??

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
well google and Wiki will do a better job but basically it works that the two main parties send 3 or 4 candiatdes to each area, the people of that state then choose which republican and which democrat they prefer. At the end the two candidates with the most votes go on to represent their respective parties in the presidential election. I think it's done state by state.

The interesting thing this is year is that the two democratic candiates are either a woman or a black guy so either way it's a landmark appointment should they go to the presidency. The way the news seems to present it it would seem that the republicans have a straight laced, christian dude as they're isn't the same competition as between obama and clinton.

HSM

The interesting thing this is year is that the two democratic candiates are either a woman or a black guy so either way it's a landmark appointment should they go to the presidency.
The Democrats have several other candidates also, not just Obama and Hilary.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
fine, for the pedants out there.... there are more than just Clinton and Obama just like it would be possible for a three legged nag winning the grand national, it may be in the race but it ain;t going to win against Shergar and Red Rum.

Charlemagne

The Democrats have several other candidates also, not just Obama and Hilary.
Its almost a forgone conclusion that either of them will become candidate. John Edwards is miles behind which is a shame as he's got some good views - boycotting fox news is definately a good one!

I definately want whoever wins between Obama and Hillary to win, 8 years of crap government have shown what the Republicans are all about. Think Romney will just be another Bush, Huckabee is a religous nut and McCain is too old and will only be good with military issues

Red05

I'd like to see Barrack Obama become President, or at the least beat Clinton. I watched a speech of his a while back, and it was and remains the single political statement I've ever witnessed that has actually interested, awed, and won me over.

Power to Obama!

Anime Otaku

Obama 08! Seriously the Republicans are just fielding the usual Evangelical nuts, with the exception of McCain who is a decent man but too old Romney scares me as he is one of those who wants to censor violent media or anything that offends his Christian values but in a debate with McCain he refused to denounce torture.
Huckabee's another right wing censor. Hillary Clinton is basically a left wing Romney 'for the Children' and without the torture. I dunno anything about Ron Paul except he's popular with WoW players. Obama just comes across as a decent guy and overall the best choice despite having the least experience.

Burakiosaurus

i'm also backing Obama as the Clinton name has been tarnished by scandal and Obama just seems more in touch with what needs to be done

dpddave

talent spotter
Subscriber
Well nobody can be worse than Bush.....Americans are that tick they voted him in twice so I wouldnt be surprised if Sponge Bob won this election.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I'm backing Obama. Cliton has a slightly scary background as a Senator, expecially when it comes to censorship.

If a Republican HAS to win, McCain. I'd acctually really like it to be Obama with McCain as vice-president, but that won't happen.

I don't think Obama being black will change much anyway. Almost all black people vote Democrat, and almost all racist vote Republican, so nothing will really change there.

Charlemagne

Also does anyone else think that Obama really sounds like the Rock?! If ya smeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll what Barack is cookin!

BRM

Forum Leader
Rumour has it, that Bloomberg may stand as a independent.

That would be intresting.

Al Stevens

Hopefully Mrs Clinton wont get in, i cant stand her, however her daughter has a cracking figure.......

What?

The Beltster

Who cares? Every politician is as crooked and as full of sh*t as the next. Nothing changes from one figurehead to the next, beit in the US or the UK.

More empty and broken promises to come, whether is a white man, black man, white woman or a toad.

Again...who cares?

BRM

Forum Leader
The US election really is something though.

When a a British general election comes round you have maybe 3 weeks of it when we realise that the torys are no better than they were in 1997 and we vote Labour in.

The US election really started nearly a year ago and come this time next year Bush will still be President.

I'm really contemplating booking the 5th November off work so i can stay up and watch the evenings events.

Plus whoever the Democrats nominate has to be more intresting than John Kerry.....

Well then again John Edwards is standing.

DraVen

I imagine we'll get a Democratic president this time around (and for good reason), but were I American, I'd be throwing my vote to republican Ron Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.