• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

UFC 74

Jack

Ratings
Anyone looking forward to this? Definetly a two fight card, but those two fights are really interesting, especially the main.

So far the card is:

Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote
Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Gonzales Crane

Should be a good night, though I can't say I'm too interested this show.

tazz13

Ratings
yes a solid card indeed

brock lesnar will be in attendance to try to secure a ufc deal/title shot

prediction: lesnar via F5

Jack

Ratings
I'd really like to see what Lesnar can do in MMA, and a contract with the UFC can only mean good things for his career. More regular fights, for sure, which is exactly what he needs. He has so much potential, but he can't just walk into these big fights. He needs experiance and a 5 fight deal before a title shot in a year would be great for him.

If they fought right now, Couture would obliterate Lesnar, just because of his experiance. Without that experiance, expect a Roberto Duran/Davey Moore style slaughtering against any top level fighter, really.

Ratings
Definetly a two fight card.
Are you insane?

With the Sherk situation in the balance, Stevenson-Pellegrino (which should be competitive anyway) has practically doubled in signficance.

Roger Huerta has been worth watching at worst ever since his debut, and if the Lauzon brothers, Frank Edgar & Leonard Garcia have taught us anything in the last year, it's that unknown lightweights (Crane in this case) tend to produce fireworks.

It's criminal that it's a prelim, because on paper Clay Guida vs Marcus Aurelio has "Fight of the Night" written all over it.

Coversely, whilst Kendall Grove should win quite easily, the most offputting fight for me is St Pierre vs Koscheck, which is entirely due to the presence of the latter.

Jack

Ratings
With the Sherk situation in the balance, Stevenson-Pellegrino (which should be competitive anyway) has practically doubled in signficance.
You really think they will push Stevenson straight away? I don't know. I don't think his time will come like people expect it to, with the PRIDE situation. With Gomi, Yamamoto and Melendez possibly joining the UFC's lightweight division soon, I think it messes up the obvious route for Stevenson.

I see this fight as more of a stepping stone. Before he gets his chance, I think they'll give him a few more tough tests.

Anyway, results:

Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Côté

Cote defeats Grove by knockout due to punches at 4:45 of round one.

Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Stevenson defeats Pellegrino by unanimous judges' decision. Judges scored the bout 30-27, 30-27, and 29-28 for Stevenson.

Lightweight bout: Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Crane

Huerta defeats Crane by technical knockout at 1:50 of round three.

Welterweight bout: Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck

Georges St. Pierre defeats Koscheck by unanimous judges' decision...Judges scored the bout 29-28, 29-28, and 30-27.

Heavyweight championship bout: Champion Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

In the main event of the evening, Randy Couture defeats Gabriel Gonzaga by technical knockout due to strikes at 1:37 of round three. Couture retains the UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Red05

Ratings
Is this on Bravo like RIGHT NOW? Before I came up stairs I was watching some UFC. One guy with a bloody nose.

Red05

Ratings
Ahh yes, looking at the names I recognise the Pierre bloke. I watched almost all of that fight. Koscheck was owned, he couldn't get off the floor. Resisted the kamura (sp?) though.

Christof

Ratings
WO.com said:
8/27/2007 5:51:00 PM

Couture suffered broken arm in fight

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Randy Couture suffered a fractured left forearm in blocking a kick by Gabriel Gonzaga in the third round of his UFC championship match in Las Vegas on Saturday night. According to an article by Loretta Hunt of The Fight Network, Couture never even made mention of it in the press conference after the fight except noting his arm felt sore.

He will have to have his arm put in a splint for six weeks but won't need a cast. It should not affect his filming of a "Scorpion King" movie starting in late October in South Africa.
A bit sore! Couture can't be human!

Ratings
thanks for the results jack, all results were good bt a shame to hear kendell lost, what happened??

i cant wait for a possible couture-crocop or couture-nogueira even a rampage-wanderlei title match?

i also agree with couture betting lesnar, bt i wouldnt count him out, with his amateur wrestling skill, size & strength bt yes coutures striking ability, experience & endurance randy would be a big favourite