Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TWOStars - Final Awards Show

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber

1. Darkstar
2. Omega
3. JobberJoe

(Note: Omega/Darkstar tied but Darkstar more 1st place votes, JobberJoe one point behind)

1. Lucian L. Jones
2. Craig Van Dam
3. (Joint) Gringo \ Twiggie

1. New Blood invasion\takeover
2. SCW\ERE (The Consortium) takeover TWOstars
3. (Joint) Boyo V J-rock retirement \ Brand Split (World\Pure\Hardcore division)

1. WrestleNova III
2. WrestleNova IV
3. (Joint) Decade Of Destruction Night 2 \ WrestleNova V

1. Royal Rumble 2009
2. (Joint) Lucian L Jobes V Craig Van Dam \ Gringo Iron Man
3. (Joint) Gringo V Gower (Eddie Tribute Match) \ Boyo V Jrock final match of best of 5 retirement series

1. Evil Gringo
2. (Joint) DSRChris \ JobberJoe
3. Boyo

Honorable Mentions: Deadman, DC

1. John Hancock (Johnny Rockefeller)
2. DSRChris (Lucian L. Jones)
3. Dr Zero (Angus McDonald)

Honorable Mentions: Boyo, Jason La Roque, Eddie (Lord Bison\Donald Erics)

1. Sickness
2. Lucian L. Jones
3. Johnny Rockefeller

Honorable Mentions: Edwards Samson, Evil Gringo

1. Cari-Dee
2. Jenny McKellen
3. Angel

1. The Prime Time Playas
2. The Dark Alliance
3. AC/DC

1. The New Blood
2. The Consortium
3. F.E.R.E

Honorable Mention: The Future

1. Sickness - Down With the Sickness
2. Apollo Chambers - Another Body Murdered
3. Boyo - Blue Monday

1. GORE, GORE, GORE!! - Draven Cage
2. Package PileDriver - CVD
3. Texas Cloverleaf - Boyo

Honorable Mention: Burning Hammer - Barry Gower

1. Dr Zero
2. Jaycey Babey
3. Boyo

Honorable Mention: Darkstar

1. Lucian L. Jones
2. Johnny Rockefeller
3. (Joint) Cari-Dee \ Randy Roko

1. (Joint) Angus McDonald \ Jason La Roque
2. Tonkatsuman Kaijin
3. Sickness

Note: Angus and Jaycey got exactly the same nominations and same number of placements!

1. TWOStars Triple Crown
2. TWOStars TV Title
3. TWOStars Tag Titles

Honorable Mentions: TWOstars World Title, TWOStars US title​

Last edited:

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
I don't see anything other then the headers... have I gone wrong?

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
Best match writer, I'll take that for damn sure. Thank you all that voted for me.

Congratulations on all the other winners as well, there are certainly some very well deserved winners amongst them.

Paul

Im honestly very surprised how highly I have been. Cheers all, and well done to everyone!

Ruderz

Subscriber
Well done to everyone and thanks to all who voted!

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I wanted best promo, I got best promo, so I'm a happy man. Well done to all the other winners and thanks to everyone who took the time to vote.

WAYNE

Im honestly very surprised how highly I have been. Cheers all, and well done to everyone!
Why is it surpise? Sickness was over with everyone both as heel and funny face. He was just so easy to write for, and everyone wanted to use him in something.

Well done everyone, and I'm glad TV title was top two :)

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I got best title run? Are you kidding me? I'd have given to Craig and his undefeated streak and ending Gringo's reign as TWOStars "Iron Man" in a heartbeat, followed closely by J-Rock and CVD as co-ERE champions. I kinda fluked being longest reigning TC champ by virtue of there just not being very many people for me to defend against (Paul even had to pull Sicko out of retirement :lol: ), and I didn't even write that many of my title defenses since I wanted to let folks write their own ideas up for their title shot.

That award's a genuine surprise, and I'm still not sure how I got Best Entrance either. It seemed like a pretty standard entrance to me?

Thanks to everyone who voted for me though, it is much appreciated.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I got second best entrance, and I didn't even have a standard entrance, so no idea what went on there.

Boyo

I've gotta say I was kinda confused between best entrance and best theme music. Without giving away who I voted for :)D) I remember J-Rock making an outlandishly offensive entrance at one of the WrestleNovas.

Ol' Boyo did pleasingly well too, if it was F1 then I made a lot of podiums :). But being mentioned in all those categories, plus my honourable mention, is very pleasing indeed.

Congrats to all the winners, and to those who voted.

Cheers!

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I don't remember exactly, but I think the question specified that it was for the standard entrance, not any special one offs, which I took to be a sub-rule entirely to sabotage me :lol:

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
It was made with J-rock in mind since you did such amazing PPV entrances which I kind of felt might overshadow someone who put effort into making a regular entrance that was interesting. It didn't work! :D

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I like how the top 3 males are exactly the same as when we had a vote on the top 10 of all time a few years ago. The more things change, eh?

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
The only person I think I feel a bit sorry for is Eddie (the writer not Samson!) who I think should have had a shot at most original, best promo writer and best male as I think Dyas, Bison and Erics were all fabulously well written and would have stood up in any era of the fed but obviously not many people were reading his stuff.

Dyas would have given old Jrock a run for his money, Bison would have made Samson wee himself and Erics would have outclowned even Jaycey! :)

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I loved Hayden Dyas. He was filling the Rockefeller shaped void in my life for a while until he dropped that character. In fact, he was the one "new school" character that I'm genuinely a bit gutted I didn't get to go up against.

Paul

Original shouldnt have had Sickness in - should have been Lindy Rose. :lol:

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
To me Boyo is one of the most original characters ever, there's never been anything on TV that's like him.

Boyo

Yeah Boyo is almost like the most non-wrestler-like wrestler you've ever seen. I half-joke that WWE took Ken Kennedy from Boyo, and there's definitely aspects, but still, Kennedy was this machismo, aggressive, alpha-ish male like every other wrestler out there. I don't even recall Boyo threatening anyone, saying he's going to hurt someone, anything like that. He's replied to taunts, but generally a very threatening taunt from, say, Johnny Rockerfeller, was largely laughed off before Boyo told a joke or something.

Aye, Boyo was an odd case who probably wouldn't have worked on TV at all. Slim, quiet, passive, not at ALL ripped, not fast, nor strong, couldn't jump, didn't do flashy moves, nothing but rest holds :lol:. Played piano and sang ditties with Sickness, blatantly stole Gringo's clothes and sold them ringside, teamed up with his own son and had Pat Benatar's "Heart Breaker" as a theme tune. However, had a bit of a wrestling brain and could apply a mean Cloverleaf. That was about the extent of his wrestling credentials.

Is that what you mean, Megs?

Cheers!