Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TWO/W101 Top 50 UK Scene wrestlers 2006

Saz

Evening all,

I'll just put them out and allow you all to comment, numbers in brackets are last year's placements:

1. Doug Williams (1)
2. Jonny Storm (3)
3. Darren Burridge (33)
4. Carl Mizzery (49)
5. Robbie Brookside (11)
6. The Judge (NE)
7. Jody Fleisch (4)
8. Ricky Knight (23)
9. Majik (10)
10. Brett Banner (NE)
11. SpUd (2)
12. Sal Americana (32)
13. Pac (NE)
14. Paul Birchall (24)
15. James Tighe (7)
16. Iceman (NE)
17. Lance Thunder (NE)
18. Stevie Lynn (NE)
19. Darkside (NE)
20. Staxx (NE)
21. Kevin O'Neil (NE)
22. Domino (NE)
23. William Regal (NE)
24. Onslaught (NE)
25. Cupid Valentino (NE)
26. Rob Hunter (6)
27. Iain Robinson (NE)
28. Martin Stone (22)
29. Dave Finlay (NE)
30. Keith Myatt (NE)
31. Jack Storm (5)
32. Jay Phoenix (NE)
33. Alex Shane (14)
34. Aviv Mayan (26)
35. Ashe (New Breed) (39)
36. Curve (New Breed) (NE)
37. Chris Cannon (NE)
38. James Mason (44)
39. Dave (Pitbulls) (NE)
40. Marc Hogan (NE)
41. Nick Mace (NE)
42. Andy Simmonz (NE)
43. Bulk (Pitbulls) (NE)
44. Sweet Saraya (NE)
45. Big Badd Donaghan (NE)
46. Dave Styles (NE)
47. Steve Valentino (NE)
48. Tyler Rayne (NE)
49. Anthony McIntyre (NE)
50. Carbon (NE)

Feel free to advertise wrestlers with their ranks here.

Last edited:

Paul

Good work Saz. Its good seeing a list with anmes I know (Ok so when I voted I had to go from what I have seen so thats no real surprise). Surprised (but pleased) to see Karl Mizzery so high, same with Brett Banner. Banners bigger than Spud.....errm, Banners more popular on TWO than Spud I should say.

Fidel Cashflow

The lack of Nigel McGuinness in this list is a travesty. Williams may just be the best wrestler in the World (or he was until recently), and Brookside is damn impressive, but where's Nigel? Where's the man that's innit to winnit?
Wherever he is right now, he is pissed.

pete england

Spiral Tap said:
The lack of Nigel McGuinness in this list is a travesty. Williams may just be the best wrestler in the World (or he was until recently), and Brookside is damn impressive, but where's Nigel? Where's the man that's innit to winnit?
ye i agree

JOSHBOD

Saracen said:
Evening all,

I'll just put them out and allow you all to comment, numbers in brackets are last year's placements:

]

6. The Judge (NE)
7. Jody Fleisch (4)

11. SpUd (2)

14. Paul Birchall (24)

18. Stevie Lynn (NE)

23. William Regal (NE)

26. Rob Hunter (6)

31. Jack Storm (5)

33. Alex Shane (14)
34. Aviv Mayan (26)
39. Dave (Pitbulls) (NE)

43. Bulk (Pitbulls) (NE)

The Judge is not better than these wrestlers so why is he so high:? :stupid:

Paul

Becouse thats where he was voted. Is that not obvious?

Saz

Spiral Tap said:
Like I said before, this is what the people of TWO voted.

1. If you didn't vote you cannot complain.
2. If you did vote then people disagree with you.

Darkstar said:
Banners bigger than Spud.....errm, Banners more popular on TWO than Spud I should say.
I wouldn't say it is "bigger", the top ten is for people to vote their faves and you have yours and others have theirs, all swings and roundabouts.

I mention in the UK Scene that there are a few anomalies that I don't agree with.

Spud had a trend of high voting when he was voted for, or not voted for at all. It is quite odd that he drops from the number 2 spot.

As for the Judge, I am pleased because he is a good worker and if people consistently voted for him, then you cannot argue can you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fidel Cashflow

I'm not complaining, I don't think the opions of the TWO populus matters to me that much, I was just stating mine. I don't know much of the U.K., so I didn't vote, but seeing the list I felt the lack of one of the best overall packages in the world not on it deserved a response.

Saz

And as I stated quite clearly, you want your opinion to be reflected then vote for the wrestlers, it really was a simple formula.

I knew I would get non-voters arguing the merits of the wrestlers who were voted for.

There is no point you responding to the lack of a wrestler, if no one voted for him (if you didn't vote for him, why expect anyone else to?) now is there?

And if the votes of the TWO populous doesn't matter, why bring the whole subject up in the first place?

JOSHBOD

whene will it be avalebel 4 me 2 vote again

soz on the spelling thing it was not my fault

i would like to know soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Devilish Angel

This is a yearly contest (hence the 2006 in the title) so next one will be next year, also could you not use text speak as it's against forums rules, cheers.

Paul

The same goes for double posts, use the edit button. :)

Saz

I think I need to help this dicussion on a little...

What do you think of Darren Burridge's rise over a year? Have you seen his career? Do you think it is justified? Why do you think he has become one of the top wrestlers in such a short time?

Is Robbie Brookside finally getting the recognition he deserves? Is he undersold in the scene? Or is this another flash in the pan?

With Ricky Knight and Sweet Saraya in the top 50? Is this recognition of the respect given to them, especially with the year that they have had?

Does Doug Williams deserve his top spot? Or is it because he is the most televised UK Superstar?

Why do you think that with Spud's rise in stature, his ranking here has slipped?

Why do you think there are so many new entries?

If one of your favorites is there, tell us why you think he/she deserved their placing.

Let's discuss the top 50 as opposed to why people are not there.

Saz

Danny Styles

doug williams being number one and Storm on number 2 are both good, but i am suprised Nigel McGuiness isn't on it, some of his ROH work has been great

Saz

Ok, seeing as there is a Nigel McGuinnes campaign here, what about him merits his inclusion? Why do you think he wasn't in the top 50? And why didn't you vote for him if you felt he was that good?

Danny Styles

Saracen said:
Why do you think he wasn't in the top 50? And why didn't you vote for him if you felt he was that good?
well i didn't vote peiod :p i didn't notice this thread untill today

I just think McGuiness has charisma in the ring and is VERY capable in the ring, he's had a great year in ROH putting on consitently great matches