Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TWO Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pabster

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Hey

As TWO is getting close to its second birthday, what are your favourite memories you have of TWO?

Please we wanna keep this thread "happy" so no bad memories please! :)

Cheers

BRM

Forum Leader
The first time i got a hug from jess

Staying up at last year judgement day with regulars to find out who jehricos mystry partner was, only to find out that it was chris benoit, when we were all expecting rvd.

Skullmonkey

I would say that my first memory was going into the chat for the first time.

Since it was so late by UK time, the only people in there were Groovico and Chyna. Which is the way it was for quite a while, since Dreamer was sick at the time, and all the people in the UK appeared to go to bed before 10pm... So alway like I was saying; I remeber just sitting there with Groovico and Chyna thinking to myself, if all british people are this insane, I'm going to love this site.... :D

My best memory also has to do with being one of the few American's here. During the first Wresltemania chat after TWO opened, I won most of the American prize's by default. :thumbup2:

TsuMirren

Hmmmm, early memories...

Making people think on the forums and Ro*'s thirst for knowledge...absolutely phenomenal and I'm still not certain that Pete Richards isn't actually Ro*.

The Crippler

One of the enduring memories of TWO was going into the chatroom for the first time (yes, I was a regular in the chat before it became completely infested with idiots).

This was around the autumn of 2000. I went in under the name "The Crippler" and probably sensing I was a newbie people started on me.

Anyway surprisingly I got a lot of stick for liking Chris Benoit. I say surprisingly because he is so well liked now which is great but when I first went into the chatroom it seemed like nobody liked him. Then Tony stood up for me and went on one of his rants about how Benoit is the man. :thumbup2:

After that I decided to come into chat and came in every night for the next year or so. I then stopped when the fun out of going there stopped. After the first few months of going into the chatroom I came across the Forums and have been posting here since. The forums are much better I find because the vast majority of people are friendly and you get to talk wrestling something which I find is missing from the chatrooms sometimes.

Pabster

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I joined TWO in February 2001 and in my first visit to the chatrooms I was greeted by Tony and AV. Got to know everyone very well. I was made a mod two months later which was pretty cool! :)

My favourite times in the chatrooms have to be mid 2001 where the likes of HBK, Shaggy, Chyna, Ro, Tony, Terra, Mark Wright, K.J, Msd (now mwnn), Kam were always in the chatroom with many others having a great time. All of the PPV nights were brilliant.

Most of the old faces have gone but its a new generation at TWO which I'm sure has a bright future ahead of it and I'm proud to be part of it.

Cheers Kam!

Chyna

I loved the times when it was me HBK, Shagg, KJ, Pabby, Marky, ro*..are ickle group :) miss those times soooo much :cry :(

I remember being in the chat from about 4pm to about 6am with Groov....i dont really remember seeing you SM in there tho..must of been busy. hehe

Ah it all changes...i did love those old times tho :)

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
Good memories... hmmm.... I'll get back to you :)

Seriously, just chilling out in the days when you could do that without any hassle - that was cool. All the redular peeps that don't annoy anyone make it worth while.

And working with Kam The Man himself - a blessing in disguise.

Cripp - did I go on a rant? Doesn't sound like me... ;)

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ahhh the old times!

The chatrooms started off with a small community, with the likes of HBK, Inno, Chy, Groov, Ro*, Crippler, Craig, Russ, Shaggy, Pabster, Skullmonkey, Shah etc etc etc!

As the site has grown more and more people have coming in, whilst others leaving.

Although I’ve been in the chatrooms the last week quite a lot, and I don’t think they’re that bad (haven’t seen a Hardy fan in AGES!).

Some of my favourite times:

June 24th 2000 – wondering if anyone would show for the first ever PPV Chat (a few people did luckily).

The Wrestlemania chat (2001) where there were 50+ people in the chat.

The wedding – How can I forget the white chatrooms, as me and Chy got married :bg

Last years Birthday when the chatrooms were Pink/Black in honour of Bret Hart (first winner of KOTR).

D

Dean

I think just the general feeling of friendship that existed before we all (myself included) started moaning and bitching at the drop of a hat, but I hope thats gone now, cause it wasn't nice. I had came to TWO for months before, Big Tam, and then just myself, Dean. Certainly last summer to about November was a special time for me. That period was the most difficult time of my life and it was nice just to spend time talking to people about anything, at the same time they weren't too prying. Those late nights with Perv talking his usual crap, Chyna being......well Chyna and Groov never speaking and being teased something awful by me for it. :)

I just wanted to say hello again.

HBK

Well it looks as though the first ever cool sheriff, is back in town!!

Just thought I'd say yo yo, I notice that my name's always first on the list, which is how it should be :)

My best memories have to be myself and Shaggy raising some hell around this joint. Us and the rest of the TWO Clique - }{H}{, Kam and RO* (later replaced by Skull).

Mine and Shaggy's feud with AV, my early feud with Tony, good mates like Pabster, Skull, Tony, etc etc.

Lots of good memories about the Attitude Generation of TWO which I like to think I helped create - hell, I WAS TWO :)

PPV nights were always great, delivering Sweet Chin Music was always cool as well.

Anyway dudes, this sheriff's gotta fly, good luck to the new generation, who knows, maybe one ppv night I'll gather some of the old boys and we'll show some of the new kids how to raise the hell. But until then, hit the music!!

Last edited:

Nicole

TWO Hall of Fame Member
my first time in the chat-chatting to tsu about my markish letter in powerslam, those were the days :D

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I think my fav memory of being at TWO was at the first birthday and kotr chat last year. Aswell as it being the first birthday of TWO, it was my first offical quiz, as QM, and maybe one of the best quizes ever ;, no seriously it was a very good night, the pink and black ruled. The Summerslam 2001 chat was also a good memory, with the wedding aswell, there has been alot of good times, aswell as bad times, but always TWO has been Quiztastic:thumbup2:

DraVen

*Not even knowing that TWO existed even though I was always in the chatroom (I was always entering from Smash though).

*Getting booted for the first time by Jess (which i really can remember cas she wouldnt shut up about it every time i entered the room :D )

*Debuting with the name "Draven". Everyone kept sayin "Oh,its you from The Crow" and stuff. Since then, I've changed names often, from Holywood Draven to Y2-Draven, all the way to nowaday draVen.

*Arguing with AV about Eric Bischoff...oh how funny that was.

*Being in the nWo Chatroom with all black and white and the mods having nWo icons and randomly booting people.

*The "Tanya" thing...i'm still laughing my head off.

*Getting to work for TWO. Not only that, but i get my own email addy too. That rules.

*Getting to know everyone and make new friends. That in itself is priceless.

While i'm here, I'd just like to say thank you to TWO. Kam, you created a great site and not just any site, but a family community. Sure, there have been some idiots around, but the good people here have made up for it. I've made new friends and felt like part of the family. Sure, i've often been clear to people bout how i feel towards them, but i truly do like most of you. The mods are great too. Sociable and friendly, yet stern and fair (well, most of them.) They do a great job though, and deserve a lot of credit. And combine them with the likes of Nicole, Anna, CVD, Emag, Gray, Colin, Nyte and countless others, you've got a formula for a successful family that i'm proud to be part of.

Kam, you should be proud of yourself mate.

Happy Birthday TWO. :D :happybirthday: :cake:

TsuMirren

You deleted me asking HBK if he'd had his hair cut yet??????

That is, without a doubt, the most petty, pathetic and worrying edition ever...Grapple. I take it VERY light digs are now banned as well, seeing as the last time I came into chat I was told "just in and already winding people up" when it was actually a private joke between Anna, ILL and myself and was totally harmless.

That letter was quite a while ago Nicole, probably still got the Powerslam somewhere...don't remember the content, but do remember you were worried about what people in the room would think and you didn't want to seem like the Hardy fans etc who were being slagged the moment they stepped into the room (by absolutely everybody). Sasuke once had her fanzine mentioned in Powerslam, months after she'd sent the stuff in, and had to deal with about 30 unexpected e-mails.

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Aah, back in the day we knew how to chat, eh? Lousy kids coming in and asking ASL every 5 mins....Now now, temper Russ.

Some of the best memories? There's plenty.

The guy who threatened to report Kam to the man who runs the internet.

The guy who threatened to sue TWO for unfair dismissal if he was booted again.

Minister Russ kicking ass at the Chyna and Kam wedding, then wooing the lay-dees with his kareoke skills. It took me about an hour to come up with all of the jokes to fit into the vows, but they were wasted by people talking over my cermon :(

Clearing about 25 people from the room by saying "Press ALT and F4 to become a mod!"

Making someone called JeffHardyIzKewl sit in the Quiz Room on his own for an hour to be a mod, because I was fed up of telling him to stop asking. And not only did he do it, but he followed my rules- "No PMs, because mods can see all PMs!"

The day AmyDumas.net closed down. Lots of rejoycing due to the lack of Hardy marks (When I say Hardy marks, no offence to people who like Matt and Jeff. It just seems that most fans of the Hardyz get a little bit carried away: Lita is a better wrestler than Flair, Jeff Hardy can work a sophisticated mat style, Matt Hardy should be the world champ etc)

And of course, some of the best cybe....er, I mean thought provoking debates, I have ever had.

My first time in TWO was only to plug my efed, but the lovin' of Chyna made me come back for more. 8 months later, I was a mod!

Thanks for all the memories Kam, you're one in a million *sniff*

Nicole

TWO Hall of Fame Member
oh, another good memorie for me was when i came in the chat on my birthday and everyone said happy bday to me, that was nice.

my first quiz in the chat was cool, because i didnt realise so many people came to that sort of things.

the best thing about two though is the amount of people i have got the msn addys from and i talk to regularly, people i can call my online "friends". two is like one big family, mixture of the oldest members to the newbies.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
I remember the start of the Dreamer fixation I have coming from the chat room... Reverend Dreamer debuted, andd that evolved into The Church Of Dreamer column (and related merchandise since).

I remember me and Mike (before he went mental ;) ) coming in as Lita and holding a press conference in the AmyDumas room and convincing about 20 people that Lita was pregnant...

Recent one - changing some filters at about 3 or 4 in the morning so that "sexy" was "poochie" and other such nonsense - sounds pretty silly, but you had to be there - HSM was one of the few that was and we were literally in tears laughing at him logging in as "Big Poochie HSM" :D

The days when I used to do play by play for Heat when it was on a sunday night...

Never mind what hassles I've had in there - when the chatroom is good, it's great.

Oh and the forums - the entire Sherlock Holmes/Moriarty discussion that took up 3 pages of the feedback forum - although it was a battle of sorts, it was one of the funniest things I can recall being part of.

The word association game that it seems will never die...

Tajiri

I started comming here around April 2001 but didn't actually go to the Judgment Day chat (bloody GCSE Revision) so King of the Ring 2001 chat was my first PPV chat and do remeber it being great.

The forums, it took 3 months to sign up for the new ones but I now find myself here when ever i'm online, all the forum regulars have interesting posts and we do have good discussions on Pro Wrestling while respect each others opinions (with one or two noteable exceptions).

The countless times i've finished 2nd in quizes, i'm the Jimmy White of TWO quizes :) .

Winning the TWO Writers Competion, I was quite suprised you people actually think what I say about wrestling is interesting.

I'm still not certain that Pete Richards isn't actually Ro*.
I was thinking the same thing, just admit it Pete :D

P

Pete Richards

I am not Ro*. :)

Anyways, when it was my birthday and everyone sad "happy birthday" lol, that was pretty cool.

Any long conversation about wrestling. (There have been a few)

All the arguements with Woody.

Being part of the Nicole VS Misty chatroom feud, me and SParky would just sit there waiting for a chance to insult someone, aaaaaaah.

But the best was staying up until about 5 AM with Colin, Singhy, Anna, Craig P, and more. Singhy was a really nice guy if anyone had gotten to know him.

And also, the arrivals of Dean, Jess O Mac, Draven, etc,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.