Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Triple H

Jack

When Triple H was signed to WCW, it was for a reason. Eric Bischoff (Or whoever was sorting them things out back then), thought The Game had talent, and whoever it was, was right. Triple H had stacks of talent, but was really mis-used. If he had got a decent push, and with a better name than Terra Ryza, he would of got just as far.

Let's be honest, he has had 3 big screw-ups in his career. Like I touched on earlier, WCW didn't give him a chance at all. They signed a talented young wrestle, and f*cked him up straight away by not using him, and giving him the awful name. Even if they had used him, there is no chance he would of gotten over with a name like that. It was ridiculous, so they rightfully let him go.
In WWF he didn't get off well either. Hunter Hearst Helmsley was awful. He had a mild amount of success, but he was never going to achieve anything, with a gimmick like that. It's similar to Hassan's gimmick. You can't afford to attack the audience, when you have something as stupid as a blue blood act. Hassan did well, because it was a legit character, Triple H's wasn't.
And then he had the biggest setback. He was involved in this:

To those who don't know, you have Diesel (Kevin Nash), Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), Shawn Michaels and Triple H, and as a group they were 'The Kliq'. What they did was hug in the ring, seeing as Hall and Nash were off to WCW. Seeing as it was unknown back then, Vince was pissed off the wrestlers broke kayfabe, so he punished them.
By punishing HBK, he gave him a run with the WWF Title.....And Triple H's punishment was a jobbing streak of nearly a year.
So not only did Triple H have a piss poor gimmick, that the crowd hated, he jobbed to Henry O' Godwinn, and didn't win for absolutely ages. But he stuck it out, and he later got some success with the IC Title and King Of The Ring, in 1997, and after that he joined D-X, which was excellent to watch.

Then from the years of 1999 to 2001 he was the best thing WWE had. A great heel, who put on some fantastic matches, and had awesome feuds with the likes of The Rock, Austin, and of course Foley.

So why did Triple H get all that success? There is a big amount of people on the net, who think Triple H is at the top, and made it to the top, because of Stephanie. To anyone who thinks that, you know sweet FA. Simple as.

The fact is Triple H is a great performer. I am a big fan of his, but no-one can deny how good he was in his prime. I won't say his performance didn't dip after he tore his quad, but he has come back from that. When he fought Orton at the Royal Rumble it was an AWESOME match. He looked fantastic then, and carried Orton to his best ever match bar none. Of course Randy sold a concussion extremely well, but there is no denying what Triple H did in that match. Slowly picking apart what he had made. The match told a story, that not many else can do. There wasn't a lot of action in the match, but it didn't need it. If you want 450's that get one counts, and mean nothing, watch your average indy fed. The storytelling was simply phenomenal stuff. His best match since he tore his quad maybe? I certainly enjoyed it. His last match againgst Batista was fun. I enjoyed the match a lot, but the most important aspect of it, was how he put Tista over. You could have your Benoit's, HBK's, Undertakers etc all lose 3 times in a row to Batista, but it wouldn't of meant as much, as the 3 wins over Triple H did. You only need to compare Triple H vs Batista and the Great American Bash match, to see how much Triple H carried him.

This post seems very one-sided so far, and just like every other pro-Triple H post, I will get the same negative replies, so I will try and answer those, before anyone can reply.

"Triple H is holding people back" - In my opinion, the only person better than him on RAW is Cena. I'm not Cena's biggest fan by a long shot, but the guy deserves the belt, for how over he is. Sure, his matches are dire, but none of that matters, the fans love whatever he does. Anyway, Cena is the only guy who is better than Triple H at the moment. People will bring up 2003. Well let me analyze his opponents in 2003.

Scott Steiner-This guy was so bad. He was there for one reason-He was Scott Steiner. He offered WWE nothing other than name value, which didn't mean a lot. Triple H shouldn't of jobbed to him in a million years. If anything or anyone was bad for the title back then, it was Big Poppa Pump.

Booker T-Never rated him. He wasn't over like Cena is now, so he shouldn't of beat Triple H. His promos were crap back then, as they are now, and he couldn't wrestle for sh*t then either. He is useless to me. and never will be worth anything. Should be fired now, and he has hardly changed since 2003. He was stale then and is now. Now World Champion material by a long shot.

Kevin Nash-Didn't deserve anything from WWE. Simply put, because I don't like him enough to rant about him, he was crap.

Bill Goldberg-I liked Goldberg..................in WCW. booked bad ("OMFG dat iz Tripul Hs' folt, cuz he iz marryed to Stephany"). Bull. Everything goes over Vince's head. If Vince wanted the booking like that, he booked it. If not, it wouldn't of been booked. There is also no proof Triple H has any more power than any main eventers in WWE, but that's for another topic.
Basically, Goldberg was booked bad. Therefore he didn't deserve a run, even though he got one.

Shawn Michaels-Triple H and he, had awesome matches. Triple H lost to him, I doubt anyone will complain about that feud.

Another argument from HHHaters is.........

"Triple H shouldn't still be in the main event".
To counter that, I have one name to mention.

The Undertaker. Made his debut in 1991 I believe, and is STILL around. Not had any good matches since the late 90's, but still main eventing.
Is it one rule for Taker and another for Triple H? Because the last time i checked, not everyone was moaning about Taker having influence and using it. If Takers name is keeping him in the main event, why should it be different for Triple H?

A lot of people will say he is still around because of his 'power' backstage.
Triple H has power sure. Like all other main eventers. People don't moan about Bret being a knob with his power, or HBK, or Flair, because if we're being honest, they abused their power more than Triple H did.
Bret less so, but HBK wouldn't lose to Bret, and Flair didn't have a clue about booking, except when the booking was for him.
Triple H lost to Jim Ross after a charishot. Not only that but at least 30 seconds after the chairshot. If he had so much backstage power, do you not think he would use it better, than jobbing to a fat commentator, who has never wrestled?

They had power, and used it bad. If you think The Game has power, fair enough, but don't be ignorant to say it's just him who has done it.

But all that aside, I can see people's points. I don't agree, but, we all have different thoughts about people.

One thing that will always annoy me is how people moan about his promo's.

What the internet has truly killed, is the line between what is real and false.

Triple H will come down, cut a promo on how he is better than his opponent, so the idiotic smarks will say.

"He's burying his opponent" etc.

It's called a GIMMICK. It would be stupid for him to come out and say "My opponent is 10000000000000000000000000x better than me. At the next show I have no chance of beating him".

Triple H saying he is better than someone, is NOT real.

The last, and latest thing to annoy me, has been him on Punk'd. People are actually criticizing him, for having a go at the photographer. For one, Triple H didn't have a go at him. The photographer was trying to wind him up, and like most celebs, it worked. Doesn't make Triple H a bad person, or anything like that, it's just the way the show is. Secondly, as soon as the 'acciden't happened, he went to see if she was fine. Can't say fairer than that can you?
The Rock kicked off a lot more, yet people forget about that conveniently.
I don't have a problem with people disliking Triple H, it just annoys me when you have clear bias, againgst him.

(If any of the mods think there are too many Triple H threads, please close this)

Telf

I've said this time and time again

Whether anyone likes it or not, HHH is the best that WWE have at the moment. As fans of pro wrestling, we are here to be entertained - not to judge the performers on whatever backstage antics or political powers they may have. I could'nt give 2 s***s if Triple was Steph's husband or the water boy; as long as he entertained me that's all that matters to me

He is undoubtably the best worker in the WWE by a long long stretch - as he has shown in putting Batista over. Look at the guys that were in Evolution; Orton - has unparelled potential that Hunter's mic work has allowed him to go over. Batista hasn't had one good match since Hell in a Cell, and why? Because Triple H managed to carry him through that match and make him look as good as everyone said he was

The same will be for Cena. I fully believe that once the HHH/Cena saga is done with, in the months following this, everyone will rave about how much Cena has improved - simply, no, it's just because Hunter made him look good

Politics or not, HHH deserves to be where he is because, quite honestly, whether you want to admit it or not, the best worker in the business

Jack

Exactly. All wrestlers, whether Triple H, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, HBK etc should be judged on what goes on in-ring.

Anything that happens backstage shouldn't matter one bit, but it does unfortunatly.

DraVen

HHH is a guy who doesn't excel in one area. But he can do a lot of small stuff, which makes him one of the best (he'll never be the best as long as Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero are healthy). He's a decent worker, but doesn't have s**t on Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Michaels, Angle or even an Austin to be honest. He's a decent talker, but nothing on Rock, Cena, JBL, Christian, Flair, Angle, etc. Hell, HHH could only dream of the heel heat Michaels gained this past week in Montreal. He has a decent look and character, but isn't as marketable as Cena, Batista, Jericho, etc. But a lot of guys fall in one or more catagories, whilst HHH is consistently average in them all, which makes him seen as better than he actually is. Plus, a lot of his stuff is residual from 2000 when he was at the best he had ever and will ever be. He's not a draw, and never was a huge one to begin with. He's not the best in the world, VERY far from. But he should look into putting more guys over. It's not going to hurt him as much as he seems to believe it will.

Sure, he put Benoit and Batista over in three solid PPV matches each. That's great, and I applaud him for it. But it gets tiresome because both feuds were almost identical. HHH beats up opponenet, opponent beats him at WM for the title. HHH, instead of selling the significance of the win, instead points out that the champion is only the champion because he said so, devaluating the champion already. Champion gets little offense in before the match, and HHH often acts unintimidated by anything. HHH loses rematch, and STILL refuses to sell the significance of the win. The final win occurs, by which point no one cares because the feud has been drawn out too far, and the champion goes on to random weird booking (Benoit loses to a challenger not nearly ready for the gold, and Batista goes on to be carried by JBL of all people, which fails miserably). I'm glad HHH pulled himself off TV because he's right - people are bored, and people need to see something new. Hopefully he will allow Cena to look like his equal, and I think WWE will do what they didn't do with Booker T and RVD - care enough about him to protect him and keep him looking strong. That means that if HHH carries the matches (hopefully to brawls rather than slow-paced boring technical matches - Trips isn't the 60-minute man and shouldn't try to be when he isn't an Angle or Benoit who people actually care about inside the ring), Cena gets to carry the promos and interaction since he's by far the better talker (and hopefully he'll be allowed to ad-lib, become more serious, and maybe even sneak in some green-lighted shoot comments). Trips is useful if he allows himself to be. Winning the title back, crushing Cena and going into a title feud with Flair won't benefit anyone. Hopefully he'll do the right thing (put Cena over good and proper) and then move on to his Flair feud which we'll inevitably see.

Jimmy Redman

I think the main gripe I have with Triple H, was as Dra said, he got boring. All the while, remember I've only been watching him for less than 2 years.

To me, he is just repetitive. For a time period (early 2004 up until he left RAW recently) he just came out and delivered a 15 minute promo saying the same things he always does. And I'm not saying he is bad at promo's, far from it. But its basically overkill. With HHH, its over-overkill.

I can recognise that he a tremendous performer. But it was right of him to take a break when he did, because he did get extremely stale.

Jung

Have to agree completely with Drav really. I think he deserves his spot, it's just he's pushed far too much. Yeah he's the headliner, but he's made to look better than everyone he faces, and if they always do that, no-one will ever get over. He has to stop saying stuff like people beat him, cause he let them, cause it makes them and their belt look worthless.

When he faces Cena, he has to lose the feud, and make Cena look good. Cena is the guy they are putting their hopes on, and if Trips wins the feud, or makes him look a jobber, by constantly destroying him in ring, and through promos, it serves no purpose. As Drav said, it's about all significance of victories at main event level, and everyone else can lose 1 main event and then not have another for 7 months, where as HHH can lose 3 in a row, and still claim it was just him who let the other guy win, and it just seems silly and pointless by that time.

Hopefully, he'll get a little wiser with age, or else WWE won't go anywhere apart from where it is now.

maggotcorpse

i think trip is brilliant. he is the one superstar in wwe that everybody loves to hate. granted he has a few weak points but who doesn't. he took a break at the right time. just got to hope that the wwe use him wisely when he returns

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
triple h is the only good heel wrestler in wwe raw.Im concerned what wwe has in plan for them with likelyhood that hell face ric flair at unforgiven which will be interesting.

myself off cameras i believe triple h does play a part in storylines thus explaining the numerous title runs and nonstop main event matches

but again who else can fill them?

summerslams main event to me (wwe title) is not even a main event.Its like a a ic title match.

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
While I agree with everything Jung and Draven say and he most certainly is all over TV whenever he's involved in a main event feud, I still think that he'd be in that position regardless of his relationship with Stephanie.

The fact is, HHH was a main eventer during the Attitude Era. It might have been towards the end that he broke out as a big time singles guy, but he was up there trading wins with The Rock and Steve Austin. Even if he had never met Stephanie, he would still be main eventing and over every show today. Vince McMahon loves to push his main eventers from successful eras as much as possible. Look at people like Austin, Rock, Hogan, Taker, Michaels and Foley. Whenever they're on TV or involved in a feud, it gets the spotlight over anything else. Look at Michaels and Hogan dominating Raw, or Undertaker's feud with Orton being the main thing on Smackdown!. Even if HHH was single, he'd be main eventing.

But I still think he's far, far away from being the best worker in the company. Even when he was on fire at the start of the decade, I'd still rate him below the usual suspects of Benoit, Eddie and Angle. I think his mic work is VERY over rated by a lot of his fans, because far too many times his promos just drag on and on, killing any interest I have in the segment. I'm all for giving segments/matches/feuds time to mean something, but when HHH is repeating the same points over and over, while ruining the credibility of his opponent time and time again, I find it hard to care.

The fact is, he's going to be on our screens for a very long time whether we like it or not. I personally don't like the guy, and don't think he's anywhere near the best worker on the roster. I'm really dreading his return in October though, because as bad as Heel HHH is on the mic, Face HHH is worse. He cuts the same promo, but he pauses every minute for 30 seconds for a tiny portion of the crowd to chant his name. I really am dreading this feud with Flair.

DraVen

Jack said:
and carried Orton to his best ever match bar none. Of course Randy sold a concussion extremely well, but there is no denying what Triple H did in that match. Slowly picking apart what he had made. The match told a story, that not many else can do. There wasn't a lot of action in the match, but it didn't need it.
I don't agree at all. Orton doesn't need carrying. And his matches with Undertaker and Edge were far superior IMO. His match with Trips was good, but that was mostly down to Orton selling like a God. Nowhere near his best ever.

If he had so much backstage power, do you not think he would use it better, than jobbing to a fat commentator, who has never wrestled?
You forget that JR is more powerful than HHH is backstage, and more respected by the industry than HHH ever will be. It stems further than 'fat commentator'.

Triple H will come down, cut a promo on how he is better than his opponent, so the idiotic smarks will say.

"He's burying his opponent" etc.

It's called a GIMMICK. It would be stupid for him to come out and say "My opponent is 10000000000000000000000000x better than me. At the next show I have no chance of beating him".

Triple H saying he is better than someone, is NOT real.
That's complete bulls**t. Without a devil, there is no angel. And you're only as good as your worst half. If HHH makes the other half seem like a big pile of crap, who is going to give a shade of s**t? For 3 years all we;'ve seen is HHH make opponents sound and look like crap, and his matches were predictable because no one with half a brain expected HHH to put over a better talent. It was only through last year onwards that he started doing good for the business, yet his promos still ruin him.

Some of the best promo'ers in the world ALWAYS put over their opponent. You don't have to say that terrible example you gave. If you think that's the only way to put over an opponent, you really don't get it. Look at Paul Heyman. He would act cocky and cool with Terry Funk, brag about hretiring him, make fun of his daughters, and then Terry would show up and Heyman would be shitting himself. He sold just how much respect Funk has in the business and how he's the coniving heel who has to resort to cheap tactics to win. In other words, he showed vunerability. HHH needs to do that. Ric Flair always did it. He'd brag, he'd showboat, but he was never Superman. He wasn't afraid to be scared, or to bump like a madman inside the ring. Mick Foley would get over his own anger but still make his opponent seem like a guy that could beat him. Trips has *moments* of this. He did it for Batista a few times, but in that sense, JBL is a FAR better heel than HHH. He's a wrestling God, but as soon as Batista comes out, JBL's facial expressions tell you that he has a hint of vunerability, and even if there's only 5% of it showing, that's 5% backing the face to win, and if the babyface goes in as the underdog with a small but believable chance of winning, fans get behind it. HHH needs to show that 5% of vunerability all the way through. It'll only boost his credibility and his opponents, and boost business as a whole.

On a side note, to the WWE, STOP THE SWERVES. NO ONE CARES IF FLAIR FAKES A TURN. STOP MAKING THE BABYFACE LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE AND UTTER RETARD!!!

Jung

Yeah I agree with that. Problem with Trips feuds are they are very predictable. I think his promos and his matches are fine, it's just so much stuff within them, aren't needed and take away from the feud.

There were points, when he'd have a 20 minute promo every week on Raw, for simply no reason. Yeah we know, he wanted to beat Batista, and he was going to do it, but was a 20 min promo saying that each week, needed?

And it makes no sense sometimes, for HHH to say in his interview how he let someone like Batista win, and say he was smarter, and then later on, outsmart Batista, and destroy him in the beatdown. That only makes HHH look even more superior, and Batista look like a jobber.

HHH should without a doubt be a main eventer, but he's been booked for the past 2 years as a super main eventer, who's perceived as bigger and better than everyone else. He should be on the same level as Cena, Batista, Angle etc, and they should all be main eventers on a level playing field. Its just generally HHH gets 3 times as more mike time, match time, and feud time than anyone else, regardless of what feud he's involved in. The title should mean more than his feud, yet mostly he's booked to be above it, so even when someone takes the title off him, the focus is still on HHH.

The fact that when Batista finally beat him, the first person to come out on Raw was HHH to whinge about it says a lot, and took away from Batista's momentum. Kept to the same level as everyone else, and Trips is fine. Its just he's involved in so much, and given so much time, that he's ridiculously over-exposed, and it just comes across so pointless. Give him 1 promo to say why he hates someone and thats it. We don't need a 20 minute one, every week, which is practically the same, or else you just turn the viewers away, and thats the same with anybody, not just HHH.

His push just needs to be toned down, so he's level with all the other main eventers.

Thus why I hope he loses to Cena, and then goes to face Flair, BUT the HHH v Flair match isn't booked above whatever feud Cena's in. The championship should be the focus, and yes I know HBK v Hogan is being booked above that, but thats a dream match, so it can be let off. HHH and Flair have feuded before, and been together before, thus it's not a dream match, and it doesn't need to be nor should be main event. But I very much doubt, they'll be able to resist completely overbooking it, and making everything else take a backstep to their feud, with promos saying nothing each week.

vortigern

Best Worker? no chance Jericho or Benoit or Guerrero or plenty others not that slow over muscled one dimensional brawler.
Best talker? again not a chance i`d rather listen to Benoit than sit there for 20 -30mins listening to him go on and on whilst waiting for a wrestling match.
Top draw? no because we know he hates jobbing and the title will never change on a house show,he`s held so many people back there isnt hardly anyone -draft all you want-who will pay money to see Triple H sledgehammer someone more worthy and win again.also does he draw like Austin,Rock or Cena no!
The look? big muscles-yeah so did the warrior and Hercules,oh and whilst Lemmy looks cool you never will
the verdict-you were only interesting whilst you were accompanied by the dark haired lovely in the short skirts (steph)

charlie haas mark

Formerly colibri hardy
HHH and JBL both have the same problem.. they are starting to get boring.. their promos are the same...

i love HHH and think he is the best on Raw at the moment.. Cena can't hold a candle and isn't fit to lick the boots of HHH... i can't wait for HHH to regain the title.... i think HHH needs to ditch flair and go back to the HHH of 2000.. (get his old music back to that was good!) HHH with Steph and feuding against Kurt was awsome to watch....

HHH's break is good at the moment because it has allowed HBK to become Raw's number 1 heel for now... now if HHH was so selfish he wouldn't want competition for the top heel spot on Raw...

People can't say HHH is selfish and bad for the WWE becuase Raw doesn't have a serious title picture at the moment.. i mean Cena vs Jericho doesn't exactly have drawing power written all over it because the match ent going to be fantastic...

Raw needs HHH end of

charlie MFkin parker

Formerly sexxxualhealing
I agree that RAW needs Triple H. But WWE needs to share the spotlight that Triple H has/had with other main eventers which often don't get all the recognition or time that they should do. I'm talking guys like Kurt and HBK who should be let into the title scene once in a while.

I'm not blaming Triple H for the way things are. Because we don't actually know that he has as much power backstage as he supposedly does. And I'm sure it's not a one way thing, WWE will also be responsible for Triple H's over exposure over the past few years.

wyndorf

I don't buy into the whole "HHH uses politics to stay on top" crap. I couldn't care less if he does or he doesn't, I'm a HHH mark, so why should I care?

I like HHH's promos, I like HHH in the Main Event, and in my opinion, Triple H IS the best wrestler in the WWE. Angle is equally good, but it's all down to personal taste. Benoit can put on exellent matches, but he can't talk, and that's why he's not in Triple H's league. Nowadays a 'wrestler' in the WWE has got to be able to talk well! Benoit can't.

RAW's title match for SummerSlam is John Cena vs Chris Jericho, now, if this was Jericho 2000, then maybe it would've grabbed my interest, but it's not, it's Chris Jericho 2005! Blame the bookers or blame Jericho, whatever, he's not the performer he used to be. After SummerSlam, we have a Cene/Angle feud to look forward to :sleep: I didn't care about this feud a few months ago on Smackdown! and I don't care about it now. What's the angle gonna be? Kurt being offended by Cena as Champion, cos he's a rapper who wears cut off jeans? Gimme a break!

Like it or not, Triple H is the only man who can save the RAW main event. I don't deny Cena is mega over, I'm not a big fan of his, but it's not his lack of match skills nor his crappy rapping, it's JBL and Chris Jericho and (soon) Kurt Angle, I'm just not interested in seeing these guys face Cena, so in turn I have no feeling for Cena as champion, because his title programs suck. Triple H can and will change this. We've seen Angle and Cena tons of times and Jericho just isn't a 'Main Eventer' anymore. We've never seen Triple H and Cena. And people DO want to see it. As soon as Cena jumped to RAW, the first match they thought of was.......Triple H vs John Cena. Cena was Smackdown!'s biggest star and Triple H is RAW's.

When HHH feuds with Cena, the story will be about the WWE Title not about who's the bigger pop star. And again, in my opinion, it should always be about the title.

DraVen

No it will not. It will be about Triple H. Feuds are always about Triple H. About how HE wants the title, how HE is 10 time champion, how HE allowed Cena to become champion, how HE HE HE HE HE HE HE!!!! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring. Same ol' same ol'. it's boring, and he's boring. Spice up the gimmick, actually put the belt over when it's in the hands of someone else. HHH can't save the title picture. Cena/JBL at Judgment Day did more for Cena than anything that HHH did for Batista, which says a hell of a lot considering we're talking JBL. Angle/Cena may have been seen before, but no doubt Angle can carry Cena to something a million times better than what HHH can. You say that Angle's feud will be over jeans and rapping, there's no reason why HHH won't take the same offense, but it's HHH so we'll let him off, yeah? That's bull. I've personally found Jericho/Cena far mroe entertaining than HHH/Batista, but that's just me. Jericho has been on amazing form in his promos, and he and Cena have a very strong chemistry to the point that they've even had some good matches with Carlito Carribean Crap and Gene Snitsky on board. I didn't care about HHH/Batista. Why? I saw it only last year, with Benoit in Batista's place. Jericho/Cena may have been a rehash of Austin/McMahon but it added a new spin on things, and hey, if you're gonna copy something, copy an angle that actually drew money, with a good heel like Jericho who can actually talk and can actually put over Cena in his words, his actions, and his matches. When HHH does all three of those, I'll consider him somewhere along the lines of the best.

Jung

I just think HHH's feuds need some variety, cause they are incredibly predictable.

They are always too focused on HHH, and what he has to do, and everyone and everything else plays second fiddle, thus it means his feuds are very one dimensional.

Dave7g

The Great Jungta said:
I just think HHH's feuds need some variety, cause they are incredibly predictable.

They are always too focused on HHH, and what he has to do, and everyone and everything else plays second fiddle, thus it means his feuds are very one dimensional.
And far, far to long and dragged out. That Batista fued had me pulling out my hair it was so long. And utterly predictable too. HHH is stale IMO. He needs to lighten up and get with the times. His oldschool style is annoying, Imean he's a wrestler yet he wears suits all the time, I don't like that. Even HBK is wearing suits now and he looks like he's just made his holy communion.

Jack

DraVen said:
I don't agree at all. Orton doesn't need carrying. And his matches with Undertaker and Edge were far superior IMO. His match with Trips was good, but that was mostly down to Orton selling like a God. Nowhere near his best ever.
He may not need carrying, but he was carried to an great match. Triple H made the match was it was, to me. I suppose that argument is down to opinion. I thought Edge/Orton was sh*t, and although Orton and Taker was was enjoyable, it didn't touch the Royal Rumble match.
DraVen said:
You forget that JR is more powerful than HHH is backstage, and more respected by the industry than HHH ever will be. It stems further than 'fat commentator'.
To a casual fan, all Jim Ross is, is a commentator with NO power. WWE have never mentioned Ross' power, so to the majority of fans, all Ross is, is a commentator, so the WWE booked Triple H losing to a non-wrestler.
DraVen said:
That's complete bulls**t. Without a devil, there is no angel. And you're only as good as your worst half. If HHH makes the other half seem like a big pile of crap, who is going to give a shade of s**t? For 3 years all we;'ve seen is HHH make opponents sound and look like crap, and his matches were predictable because no one with half a brain expected HHH to put over a better talent. It was only through last year onwards that he started doing good for the business, yet his promos still ruin him.
Do you think when Triple H is putting his opponent down, he is doing it to make his opponent look bad?
If yes, then why would Triple H lose 3 times in a row, to batista, while apparently making him look like sh*t?

I don't think there is any incentive when Triple H cuts a promo. He puts himself over, which is the right thing to do.
DraVen said:
Some of the best promo'ers in the world ALWAYS put over their opponent. You don't have to say that terrible example you gave. If you think that's the only way to put over an opponent, you really don't get it. Look at Paul Heyman. He would act cocky and cool with Terry Funk, brag about hretiring him, make fun of his daughters, and then Terry would show up and Heyman would be shitting himself. He sold just how much respect Funk has in the business and how he's the coniving heel who has to resort to cheap tactics to win. In other words, he showed vunerability. HHH needs to do that. Ric Flair always did it. He'd brag, he'd showboat, but he was never Superman. He wasn't afraid to be scared, or to bump like a madman inside the ring. Mick Foley would get over his own anger but still make his opponent seem like a guy that could beat him. Trips has *moments* of this. He did it for Batista a few times, but in that sense, JBL is a FAR better heel than HHH. He's a wrestling God, but as soon as Batista comes out, JBL's facial expressions tell you that he has a hint of vunerability, and even if there's only 5% of it showing, that's 5% backing the face to win, and if the babyface goes in as the underdog with a small but believable chance of winning, fans get behind it. HHH needs to show that 5% of vunerability all the way through. It'll only boost his credibility and his opponents, and boost business as a whole.
Although Triple H was booked strongly againgst Batista, I still think he was made to look weaker throughout the whole feud.
Triple H didn't beat Batista clean once throughout their time feuding. Not once. The main time Batista looked bad, was when Flair turned on him.
Flair turning on him, was pure bad booking. It was rushed. If they had Flair and Tista bonding for a month or so, and then Flair turn on him, it would of been a LOT better.
That was bad booking which I wouldn't put down to Triple H really.
DraVen said:
On a side note, to the WWE, STOP THE SWERVES. NO ONE CARES IF FLAIR FAKES A TURN. STOP MAKING THE BABYFACE LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE AND UTTER RETARD!!!
Agreed.

Last edited:

charlie haas mark

Formerly colibri hardy
wyndorf said:
I like HHH's promos, I like HHH in the Main Event, and in my opinion, Triple H IS the best wrestler in the WWE. Angle is equally good, but it's all down to personal taste. Benoit can put on exellent matches, but he can't talk, and that's why he's not in Triple H's league. Nowadays a 'wrestler' in the WWE has got to be able to talk well! Benoit can't.

RAW's title match for SummerSlam is John Cena vs Chris Jericho, now, if this was Jericho 2000, then maybe it would've grabbed my interest, but it's not, it's Chris Jericho 2005! Blame the bookers or blame Jericho, whatever, he's not the performer he used to be. After SummerSlam, we have a Cene/Angle feud to look forward to :sleep: I didn't care about this feud a few months ago on Smackdown! and I don't care about it now. What's the angle gonna be? Kurt being offended by Cena as Champion, cos he's a rapper who wears cut off jeans? Gimme a break!

Like it or not, Triple H is the only man who can save the RAW main event. I don't deny Cena is mega over, I'm not a big fan of his, but it's not his lack of match skills nor his crappy rapping, it's JBL and Chris Jericho and (soon) Kurt Angle, I'm just not interested in seeing these guys face Cena, so in turn I have no feeling for Cena as champion, because his title programs suck. Triple H can and will change this. We've seen Angle and Cena tons of times and Jericho just isn't a 'Main Eventer' anymore. We've never seen Triple H and Cena. And people DO want to see it. As soon as Cena jumped to RAW, the first match they thought of was.......Triple H vs John Cena. Cena was Smackdown!'s biggest star and Triple H is RAW's.

nice dude you've just given out summerslam spoilers! well it was obvious anyway :lol:

don't just blame Y2J for this bad feud... Cena just isn't champ material anyway... sure he's over.. but when you buy a pay per view 99% of it will be matches and WRESTLING not talking... so the feud notdrawing is Y2J's AND CEna's fault....

i liked Kurt vs Cena last year it was funny.. the whole cena sucks rap

if Kurt can do that again it would be great to watch.. keep it to a one match program and have Kurt take the title and go back to his goofy ways...i would love to see HHH vs Kurt.. THAT would draw.. not Kurt vs Cena or HHH vs CEna.. becuse with HHH vs Kurt you would get good promos AND good wrestling.. not just lame ass charismatic promos