• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TNA to get 2 hour Monday night spot on Spike...Rejoice!!

Dave7g

Ratings
From Rajah.com

TNA iMPACT! has only been on SpikeTV for 2 weeks, but Spike is already very impressed with the overal quality of the iMPACT! shows as well as the strong viewership numbers it has earned since its debut.

There are many advantages for WWE by RAW being back on the USA Network. USA is available in more households than SpikeTV and is a better established network, operating since the 1980s. However, one drawback to WWE returning to the USA Network is that RAW will be pre-empted 3 times a year - for the Westminster Dog Show and U.S. Open tennis. RAW has already been scheduled to air on a different night for each of those 3 weeks it will not air on Mondays, but wrestling fans have been conditioned to know that Monday night means wrestling.

SpikeTV officials are very aware of the dates where WWE RAW will be preempted and are strongly considering the idea of running a 2-hour TNA Special when RAW is pre-empted on February 13th, 2006 for the dog show.

It should be noted that even though UFC is currently a higher priority for Spike (better timeslot, more advertising), it is TNA that is the frontrunner to fill in that Monday night slot when RAW is off the air.
So spike are very impressed with TNA, just like most people really. This is a great chance to show what they can do in a Monday night situation. Im so happy right now :)

Murph

Ratings
I'm not, that COULD spell the end for TNA, as, believe it or not, they are MILLIONS of WWE fans in the world, who WILL chose it over TNA.

Ryan

Ratings
im happy, it will bring the best out of the WWE, and i dont think TNA will be as good as WCW therefor losing the monday night wars, maybe before they get started.

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
I can imagine it doing pretty good ratings in comparison to what they'd normally do, but probably nothing to rival what Raw would usually do.

It's a smart move though, and hopefully it'll give TNA a lot of new fans.

Ratings
YES!!!!!!!! two hours of TNA action coming soon. Hopefully they can use the rest of 2005 to build a fan base and then who knows then start on the monday nights. Hopefully this will bring the best out of TNA and WWE.

This is coming into exciting times in the world of Wrestling again!

Dave7g

Ratings
Itsthehitman said:
I'm not, that COULD spell the end for TNA, as, believe it or not, they are MILLIONS of WWE fans in the world, who WILL chose it over TNA.
It's on the mondays that Raw is not on! So it's actually a brilliant move. Wrestling fans with no wrestling on a monday can still have their weekly fix, only its not Raw, its actually TNA and it's actually better! :thumbup2:

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
On a week to week basis TNA doesn't stand a chance against RAW. But on an occasion where RAW is pre empted TNA could really do well on Spike and could get some of the audience which would normally watch RAW. It would also be a good chance for new fans to get familiar with the TNA product, which in turn would help thier Saturday Night time slot.

Jung

Ratings
All I can see is, on those weeks when its TNA unapposed, they best have some fantastic shows and play to their strengths.

If its just pushing Jarrett, and having Jarrett v Nash main events and overshadowing the X Division and potential major players like Brown, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Styles etc, then they may as well get the nails for their coffin.

Thus they better have some storming shows, for those weeks, to try and attract those fans.

Champy

Ratings
that's a good thing... TNA will get 2 hours to showcase their talent and the show wont be crammed into a one hour slot....

TNA has done well so well done spike TV

Drake

Ratings
w00t 2 hours of TNA.Im really happy for them.Having more time to expose their product and develop their feuds is only good news.

Now we will se the likes of Monty,AJ,Daniels,Aries in 2 hours :)

cenarules

Ratings
I don't care much for the Saturday time slot, but I would choose WWE over TNA anyday if it moved to Monday nights. Of course, they could put it on at 7:00 so that it could be on for two hours. Then I could watch Raw. It'll never happen but a guy can dream, can't he?

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
cenarules said:
I don't care much for the Saturday time slot, but I would choose WWE over TNA anyday if it moved to Monday nights. Of course, they could put it on at 7:00 so that it could be on for two hours. Then I could watch Raw. It'll never happen but a guy can dream, can't he?
Just to point out that the rumour is not about moving TNA to Monday when RAW is on, its about moving TNA to Monday Nights when RAW is not showing because of pre-emptions due to the Dog Show and other Sporst shows on the USA Network. So in effect there would be no direct TNA vs. WWE conflict.

MrFill

Ratings
yoyobenoit said:
i think wwe will absolutley crush tna and to tell you the truth i hope wwe does
Yes, because having competition won't push the WWE into doing something decent with their programming, will it?

Remember the Attitude period? It came about BECAUSE of competition, not because they had none.

That was the strongest time of the WWE.

We wouldn't want them getting back to that sort of programming, would we?

Jack

Ratings
WWF was very strong from 1985 to 1992, when WCW came about, as a threat. Then things went downhill for them. They also had a few good years after WCW died.

I don't really buy into "Competition will make WWE better". If WWE wanted to, they could improve their shows, whether they have any competition or not. Sure, TNA being a threat may give them a kick up the arse, but it will be a long time before TNA are that threat.

MrFill

Ratings
The way I see it is that the WWE had strong years after buying WCW because the WCW fanbase wanted to see what their "heroes" were doing in WWE now - but with the horribly messed up Invasion angle, it drove people away.

The best years of the WWE were during the Monday Night Wars, which consisted of WCW and WWE going "head to head".

Since the WWE haven't had any real competition for the last few years they have gotten lazy - look at some of the story-lines that we've seen in the last 3-4 years:
Katie Vick: I don't need to explain this.
Kurt as a "pervert": How come he went from being an Olympic Hero to lusting after Sharmell?
Mae Young giving birth to the hand: I REALLY don't need to explain this.
Bossman at Big Show's dad's funeral: I won't even touch this one.
Vince the sex addict: I can understand him lusting after Trish, but she wanted him, and getting Linda drugged and locked up?

Do I need to go on? :p

Kaedon

Ratings
MrFill said:
The way I see it is that the WWE had strong years after buying WCW because the WCW fanbase wanted to see what their "heroes" were doing in WWE now - but with the horribly messed up Invasion angle, it drove people away.

The best years of the WWE were during the Monday Night Wars, which consisted of WCW and WWE going "head to head".

Since the WWE haven't had any real competition for the last few years they have gotten lazy - look at some of the story-lines that we've seen in the last 3-4 years:
Katie Vick: I don't need to explain this.
Kurt as a "pervert": How come he went from being an Olympic Hero to lusting after Sharmell?
Mae Young giving birth to the hand: I REALLY don't need to explain this.
Bossman at Big Show's dad's funeral: I won't even touch this one.
Vince the sex addict: I can understand him lusting after Trish, but she wanted him, and getting Linda drugged and locked up?

Do I need to go on? :p

And what does TNA have for storylines? UM NOTHING! Oh, now they are pissing on a "burial site". Yeah, thats great writing.

Clarkey

Ratings
Theres nothing wrong with testing the water, and I'm sure Spike and TNA will anticipate seeing how well a two hour special will do. Many people are fickle enough to change product regardless of their allegiances, enough to get them a healthy enough showing against their obvious huge competitor anyways. I'm sure they will be doing this to test the water, and set themselves a target for when they hold a two hour special in the future when they're shows been around the block with Spike promotion.