• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TNA Roster

Favourite TNA guy?

• Brother Ray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brother Devon

• James Storm

• Chris Harris

• Kip James

• Chase Stevens

• Andy Douglas

• Ron Killings

• BG James

• Konnan

• Lance Hoyte

• Sonny Siaki

• Apollo

• Bobby Roode

• Eric Young

• Alistar Ralphs

• Simon Diamond

• David Young

• Elix Skipper

• Petey Williams

• Sonjay Dutt

• Matt Bently

• Roderick Strong

• Shocker

• Jerry Lynn

• Total voters

The B-Man

Ratings
Apart from the obvious few it would be Alex Shelly. This guy is such a talent and I really hope he is the next guy to step up and take the X-Division title.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Monty Brown without a doubt for me. In my opinion he's wrestling next breakout star, and if used correctly could be TNA's flagship performer. Not bad in the ring, and great on the mic with some much charisma.

Jack

Ratings
Alex Shelley or Christopher Daniels.

They only have two other decent workers apart from them two (AJ and Joe (Even if he is overrated)).

Last edited:

Wolverine

Ratings
It's a toss-up between AJ and Daniels, both of whom have had 4 star matches (at least) on every PPV they've appeared on this year. Daniels is more charismatic and has been the epitome of a great heel. On the other hand, they don't call AJ 'phenomenal' for nothing. His in-ring skills are genuinely amazing. I suppose that Styles has just about been my favourite this year so I'll pick him

The B-Man

Ratings
AJ and Joe are definately not over rated. I used to think AJ was but when you watch him for a long period of time you realise that he really isn't. He is the only guy that I have seen slide underneath the guard rail.

Dan please explain the Monty Brown thing, infact anyone explain the Monty Brown thing. The guy is averag on the mic and average in the ring. His finisher is a bigger pile of monkey poo than Michael Owen. So please someone tell em what the appeal is?

JobberJoe

Subscriber
Ratings
Going with Alex Shelly... just something about him draws me to him ! YEAH, go Alex ! He's really good, too bad X-6-Sean-Pac-Waltman decided to stand him up at Unbreakable...

Jack

Ratings
The B-Man said:
AJ and Joe are definately not over rated. I used to think AJ was but when you watch him for a long period of time you realise that he really isn't. He is the only guy that I have seen slide underneath the guard rail.
Yeah sorry I put that wrong. Basically I like AJ a lot, so I don't think he is overrated. I just think Daniels and Shelley are better workers however.
As for Joe, he is like Bret Hart to me. While he may be good for the first 5 times you see him, when you have watched him at least 50 times, you realise why he is nothing special.
Plenty of Hart matches were classics, but he used the same routines every match, and it gets boring quick. He never changed his style, added moves or anything, which is why I think he is also overrated.
Joe is the same. Every match, he uses the same things, and I'm bored of him. When i first saw him, he was using som moves, and I was very big on him. i liked him a lot, but then after a while of watching his matches over and over, I could tell he didn't mic it up enough, and went off him. That is why he is very overrated.

The B-Man said:
Dan please explain the Monty Brown thing, infact anyone explain the Monty Brown thing. The guy is averag on the mic and average in the ring. His finisher is a bigger pile of monkey poo than Michael Owen. So please someone tell em what the appeal is?
I agree. His ring work is very average for a big man, yet because he squashes a lot fo jobbers, he looks good. Goldberg did, so I can see why people would rate him highly againgst small guys, but againgst anyone fairly big, much like Abyss or Hoyt, he is sh*t. On the mic, he's charasmatic, but he can't cut a good promo. Every one I have seen has been average, until he screams "POUNCE........period". The only promo of his that sticks in my mind, is when he turned heel. his first promo after that was fairly good, but that's it.
Chris2k said:
Samoa Joe for me. Proof people don't need ripped figures to be frickin' awesome.
I'd probably enjoy his matches more, if he didn't look like the Michelin Man.

Last edited:

MrFill

Ratings
I have to go with AJ - if for nothing else, that "under the barrier" slide at Lockdown. Anybody who can do stuff that insane and seemingly on a spur of the moment thing (even though it was probably planned) just has to be good.

He seems to be able to bust out stuff which just makes you go "wow", and he mixes his matches up enough to not be repetitive.

The B-Man

Ratings
Ok here is my list which I just posted on the TNA forums of what I think of their Roster.

Ok here is my thoughts from using the people that are just on the roster page at tnawrestling.com

Great

AJ
Alex Shelley
Austin Aires
Christopher Daniels
Jerry Lynn
Petey Williams
Elix Skipper (Very Underused Wrestler)
Samoa Joe

Good

Chris Sabin
Chris Harris
Abyss
Andy Douglas
Chase Stevens
Eric Young
Lance Hoyt
Matt Bentley
Raven
Rodrick Strong
Shark Boy (Please lose that Gimmick)
Brother Ray
Brother Devon

Ok

Shocker
Siamon Diamond
Sonjay Dutt
Sonny Siaki
Sean Waltman
Sabu
Ron Killings
Rhino
Mickey Batts
David Young
Cassidy Riley
Monty Brown
Apollo
Bobby Roode
Gail Kim
James Storm
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Jerelle Clark
Johnny Devine
Konnan (Minus Stupid shoe throwing Gimmick)
Traci

Bad

BG James
A1
Kip James
Kevin Nash

Ratings
Aj for me... the guy can wrestle, has the look and can do high spots... and his promos aren't terrible.. shame he was never given a long run with the belt... he felt the jarret factor

Jack

Ratings
Same type of thing B-Man did.

Great
AJ
Alex Shelley
Austin Aires (I'm not too sure on him. he can be great, but is sometimes average, but I'll put him in great for his fantastic match with CM Punk at Death Before Dishonor III)
Christopher Daniels

Good

Chris Sabin
Chase Stevens
Petey Williams
Samoa Joe

Ok

Shocker
Siamon Diamond
Sonjay Dutt
Sonny Siaki
Sean Waltman
Sabu
Ron Killings
Rhino
Mickey Batts
David Young
Cassidy Riley
Bobby Roode
Gail Kim
James Storm
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Jerelle Clark
Johnny Devine
Konnan
Traci
Chris Harris
Andy Douglas
Eric Young
Matt Bentley
Rodrick Strong
Shark Boy
Brother Ray
Brother Devon
Jerry Lynn
Elix Skipper

Bad

Monty Brown
Apollo
Abyss
Lance Hoyt
Raven
BG James
A1
Kip James
Kevin Nash

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
The B-Man said:
I have no doubt in my mind that AJ Styles, Chirs Daniels, Alex Shelly etc are much better performers than Monty Brown in terms of in ring work. But I personally prefer Monty Brown, not sure what it is, but I'm a mark and think Monty is a very charasmatic guy who really carries himself well on TV, I think he's the guy casual fans will pay to watch, no knock on AJ, Joe, Daniels etc, but I think Brown has "it", what that is I'm not sure, but I think he's a good talent.

As I said, he's not a great in ring worker, but I think he's good on the mic, and has alot of charisma, if TNA push him well, I'm confident I'll be a huge star in TNA and the wresling world.

I don't expect many people to agree with me, but to be fair, I don't really care :p

MrFill

Ratings
I have a problem with Monty, and that's his "welcome to the Serengheti" gimmick (probably spelt that wrong).

I really dislike the way he wipes his forehead on the ropes and the way he does the promos.

The guy definitely has charisma, there's no doubt about that, but he needs to do something different and get a REAL finishing move - it's only a shoulder block after all. :p

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
MrFill said:
I have a problem with Monty, and that's his "welcome to the Serengheti" gimmick (probably spelt that wrong).

I really dislike the way he wipes his forehead on the ropes and the way he does the promos.

The guy definitely has charisma, there's no doubt about that, but he needs to do something different and get a REAL finishing move - it's only a shoulder block after all. :p
Without a doubt I think his finisher is awful, he should use something which looks much more powerful really and something which actually looks like a finisher.

I do think if Brown was to go to the WWE, and if the WWE seriously used Brown correctly and with the WWE Marketing machine I think he could be one of the the top stars, but thats just a "What if?"

Dave7g

Ratings
Samoa Joe for me, he is a damn scary wrestler without even trying, he could legitimatley beat the crap out of any wrestler in the world. He is super over in TNA and ROH and deservedly so, I have yet to see Jow in a bad match and he seems to get better every time I see him. His next PPV match with Lyger will be another MOTY candidate no doubt about it. There is nobody that can compare to Joe in ring, in the US.

The B-Man

Ratings
Im going to Vote AJ. I think mainly because he has been used to his full potential unlike a few others, so that made my decesion for me. Voting Nash is just a joke to be honest, I mean Really the guy can't wrestle and can't cut a promo :S

Jack

Ratings
MrFill said:

I also have a problem with that, for a different reason though. If he is supposedly from the Serengeti (I can't spell it either), why do the commentators, spefically Tenay, always talk about him in thr NFL? Are we meant to believe he grew up in the Jungle, went to live in the US, learned perfect English, became a American Footballer, and is now wrestling?
dave7g said:
There is nobody that can compare to Joe in ring, in the US.
I would disagree with that big time. There is so many wrestlers around who piss all over Joe, such as Christopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson, Styles, Paul London, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Colt Cabana, probably Low Ki, Rocky Romero, James Gibson/Jamie Noble, Alex Shelley and when I can be bothered, I'll think of some more :p