Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TNA Hard Justice Discussion Thread - 16th August 2009

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
Soundstage 21 of Universal Studios - Orlando, Florida

TV Schedule:
USA: Sunday 16th August on PPV at 8e/5p - LIVE
UK: Wednesday 19th August on Bravo 2 at 9pm

Official TNA Hard Justice 2009 Website HERE
TNA Presents "Hard Justice" LIVE on PPV
16th August 2009

On Sunday 16th August, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling presents the three hour LIVE "Hard Justice" epic event. The Pay-Per-View will take place from The iMPACT Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

"Hard Justice" will air in The UK on Wednesday 19th August at 9pm exclusively on Bravo 2. The Promotional Poster for the event features TNA Executive Shareholder Mick Foley wielding a barbed wire baseball bat

Can The Main Event Mafia continue their domination of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling? Or will Mick Foley, Sting, AJ Styles, Beer Money and more deliver their own "Hard Justice" against the Mafia on Sunday 16th August?

All of your favourite TNA Wrestling superstars will appear, including Kurt Angle, Sting, Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Team 3D, Kevin Nash, Beer Money, Suicide, The Motor City Machineguns, the lovely TNA Knockouts and so many more!

Tune into TNA iMPACT every Saturday night at 9pm on Bravo for more news on the "Hard Justice" Pay-Per-View!

Last edited:

DraVen

TNA legends title match:
Mick Foley vs. Kevin Nash.

Feel free to read that a couple of times, just to fully absorb what you're actually seeing.

Fiona

How long has Foley been with TNA not even a year. Boy doesn't take long to become a legend there does it.

ShaolinHandLock

That poster looks awful. Seriously, a distorted Mick Foley with boring looking writing next to it. Blergh. :lol:

TNA legends title match:

Feel free to read that a couple of times, just to fully absorb what you're actually seeing.
What's wrong with that? It actually sounds pretty good to me.

DraVen

Then you, sir, are a sadist.

There is no good that can possibly come from Mick Foley, the washed up has-been past-his-peak-and-barely-walking Mick Foley of 2009, having a one-on-one match with the washed up barely-ever-was no-knee-and-barely-walking Kevin Nash of 2009. Except for both men keeling over in the centre of the ring.

It's a match you'd have put on the Legends of Wrestling PPV with The Bushwhackers vs. The Iron Shiek and Volkoff. Not TNA Hard Justice. Unless they use as much smoke and mirrors as humanly possible, which they will have to, this match is going to suck a big one.

Last edited:

ShaolinHandLock

Then you, sir, are a sadist.

There is no good that can possibly come from Mick Foley, the washed up has-been past-his-peak-and-barely-walking Mick Foley of 2009, having a one-on-one match with the washed up barely-ever-was no-knee-and-barely-walking Kevin Nash of 2009. Except for both men keeling over in the centre of the ring.

It's a match you'd have put on the Legends of Wrestling PPV with The Bushwhackers vs. The Iron Shiek and Volkoff. Not TNA Hard Justice. Unless they use as much smoke and mirrors as humanly possible, which they will have to, this match is going to suck a big one.
I don't care if they hobble around and stink up the place. A Nash vs Foley match would make me happy.

Jayfunk

I would rather foley in a legends match than a world title match which could have been seen as a logical booking step considering Victory Road, i am glad they haven't done that

ViciousPrism

TNA legends title match:

That is just... Wow. That match makes me want to gouge out my own eyes with sporks, stir them into searing hot acid whilst there still dangling from my skull and then drink the eyeball/acid concotion... Even without seeing the match itself. Or even the rest of the card.

Fire Russo, indeed.

Nash

Now now, gentlemen, three words:

Jenna versus Sharmell.

Nothing can top that for shittiness.

In other news, apparently every match at Hard Justice is under hardcore rules? Not that I mind this, but since when?

DC

It's just from this year. Last year had four gimmick matches and three regular matches. 2006 also had the Great Fire of Orlando, which TNA actually did really well to cope with.

Jimmy Redman

Some of his matches are legendary but he hasn't quite reached that status yet. Give him another couple of years.
Really? I cant see how anyone could classify him as anything other than a legend, unless you get really ridiculously narrow in how you define it, like only saying the top five guys ever or something. I'd say he's certainly a wrestling legend.

Sadly I think he was considered far more of a legend in, say, 2004, than he is now, because now he's quickly turned into just another old guy main eventing in TNA, along with guys like Booker and Jarrett who are nowhere near his level in terms of their careers. But he's quite easily the biggest (historical) star in TNA, only Angle is even in the same hemisphere.

Jayfunk

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHANMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Kurt Angle vs. Sting vs. ??? (Either AJ Styles or Matt Morgan)

TNA LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Mick Foley vs. Kevin Nash

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champions Booker T & Scott Steiner vs. Team 3D

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Homicide vs. Samoa Joe

THE RETURN OF THE STEEL ASYLUM MATCH
Suicide vs. Chris Sabin vs. Amazing Red vs. Alex Shelley vs. Black Machismo vs. Daniels vs. Consequences Creed

TNA KNOCKOUT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Angelina Love vs. ODB w/ Cody Deaner

NEW JAPAN IWGP CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champions The British Invasion vs. Beer Money, Inc
Card thus far, actually it looks pretty decent, Cide vs Joe, Angle vs Sting vs Aj/Morgan, Beer money vs BI, 3D vs MEM and the X division match all could be good the women's match could be weak hopefully they might add kong vs Tara

Jimmy Redman

Homicide/Joe has the potential to be really great. It all depends on whether they give them enough time and dont screw them with an angle, but fingers crossed. If it sounds good I'll watch it, which is saying something because I havent cared one bit about any TNA PPV match the entire year.