Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TNA Destination X PPV Thread **Spoilers**

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member

STING HAS VOWED TO APPEAR AT DESTINATION X!
Will The Icon Get His Revenge On Jarrett’s Army?

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
“Captain Charisma” Christian Cage (c) vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown

THE RETURN OF THE ULTIMATE X MATCH
For The X Division Championship
“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher

HUGE EIGHT MAN WAR

Jeff Jarrett, AMW and Abyss vs. Rhino, Team 3D and The Truth

The James Gang (BG and Kip James) & “Bullet” Bob Armstrong vs.

The Latin American Exchange (Konnan, Homicide, Machete)

Lance Hoyt vs. Matt Bentley w/ Traci

More matches expected to be made this week on iMPACT!
SPOILER of sorts here;
There is nothing to the story of Lex Luger going to TNA. It's a planted story because there will be the announcement on TV on Saturday of another surprise appearance besides Sting on Sunday's PPV.

TNA Predictions League - Destination X -
http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28962

For US Replay Info -
http://www.tnawrestling.com/replays/index.html

For PPV Teaser videos -
http://www.tnawrestling.com/destinationx06/VideoPlayer.html

For TNA Podcasts -
http://www.tnawrestling.com/podcast/index.php

UK TV Info
TNA PPV will air in the UK on The Wrestling Channel (ch:427) on the 19th March @ 8pm UK Time.

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
from what i hear it ultimate-X will main event the show

Ryan

Isnt this abit to early? I mean he only "retired" like a month ago, it'd be best if they left it for awhile, 3 or 4 months or something.

FreeSpirit

Yeah I cant wait to see the PPV next week on TWC.

I agree that the Ultimate X Triple Threat Match should be the main event, as Christian Vs Alpha Male wouldn't sound that thrilling a main event compared to that.

Dave7g

So who will be surprise appearance?

If it's Goldberg I'll cream myself!

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Mr. Perfect said:
Isnt this abit to early? I mean he only "retired" like a month ago, it'd be best if they left it for awhile, 3 or 4 months or something.
I think its more like 2 months ago, and I believe TNA may be building Sting vs. Jarrett for the first prime time TV debut in April.

Dave7g

Dan said:
I think its more like 2 months ago, and I believe TNA may be building Sting vs. Jarrett for the first prime time TV debut in April.
I think they are building for Sting vs Shelley on the primetime show. I'd like to see that more than a Jarrett match to be honest.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
dave7g said:
I think they are building for Sting vs Shelley on the primetime show. I'd like to see that more than a Jarrett match to be honest.
Yeah, I guess that would make sense, so TNA can save Jarrett vs. Sting for a PPV.

Danny Styles

they have built it well... i

intrested to see what will happen in the thin g under the spoiler tages

intrested to see what they will do with steve borden

it's looking a good PPV

Craig

I've got mixed feelings about this PPV.

On iMPACT, they've only really hyped the Ultimate X, World Title match,the 8 man tag match, and the return of Steve Borden.

The Ultimate X should be fantastic, and I'm definitely looking forward to that, without a doubt.

The World title match is too predictable, and in the build up it's been overshadowed by the Ultimate X, so I don't really have much reason to care about it.

8 Man tag should be good, and I'm a fan of huge multi-man tags, and I'm a huge fan of Rhino, so definitely looking forward to this one. But it just seems to rushed, and most of Jarrett's focus has been on Sting, which leads me to the next part of the PPV....

Not really a fan of Sting, but I am interested in what they'll do with this. It does seem like it's too soon to bring him back after the big retirement angle, though.

Rest of the card looks to be just filler. Hoyt v Bentley and Naturals v Team Canada (just announced on iMPACT by the way) should be decent, but LAX v James Gang...........oh well.

Build up to it could have been better I thought, even with an hour long show, and it basically seems like a one match show for the Ultimate X, and even though the Ultimate X will no doubt be fantastic, the rest of the PPV seems to lack something.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH w/Earl Hebner the special referee
“Captain Charisma” Christian Cage (c) vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown - It has been a fairly decent build up, and I've enjoyed the TV leading up to the match. The actual match will be hard to call, when Monty is in the ring with a guy like Jeff Jarrett he usual performs really well, I suspect it will be harder for him working with Christian. In saying that, thier match at the Turning Point PPV wasn't too bad. I certainly don't think this will be the last match between the pair, and suspect we'll see a rematch at the next PPV in a Cage. I'm alittle concerned that Earl Hebner is going to be the referee again, I sense some sort of swere angle.

Winner - Christian Cage.

“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher- Has to be the most highly built match of the PPV, TNA have really gone to town to try and make the Ultimate X Match feel special, more so than previous times. If I were booking this match, I guess it would be the ideal time to see Joe lose the belt, as he wouldn't have to be pinned, and could still clean he hadn't been pinned which would keep some of his credibility. However, according to various reports, it seems that TNA will be going to have another match at the next PPV in a Cage, which I think will be too much, I'd rather see something else, maybe try and bring a 4th man into the angle, or have Joe move onto something else. It should be a good match though, and will be interesting to see how it will work with Joe.

Winner - AJ Styles or Chris Daniels.

HUGE EIGHT MAN WAR
Jeff Jarrett, AMW and Abyss vs. Rhino, Team 3D and The Truth - Actually been quite well built up really, the consistency has been good with all of the men involved. I'd like to see The Truth get pushed well in this match, TNA seem to be pushing him, so a pin over Abyss or Jarrett would be good.

Winners - Rhino, Team 3D and The Truth

The James Gang (BG and Kip James) & “Bullet” Bob Armstrong vs. The Latin American Exchange (Konnan, Homicide, Machete) - Not really sure about this one at all, guess it could be ok, but won't be nothing fantasic.

Winners - The Latin American Exchange

Lance Hoyt vs. Matt Bentley w/ Traci - To be honest, I'm not really bothered about this match at all, its had a little build up, and I'm not really sure anyone cares.

Winners - Hoyt.

*Team Canada vs. The Naturals - Should be a good match, 2 really solid tag teams. The match has sort of been thrown together at the last moment, but I'm not bothered as it will be a decent match.

Winners - Team Canada

*Jay Lethal vs. Alex Shelly - Should be an awsome match if both men are given enough time. It seems TNA may well be building Lethal up as a future X-Division champion, which I'm very happy about. Not sure if we'll see any sign of Steve "Sting" Borden in this match, should be interesting.

Winner - Lethal.

*Matches just added

As for the wrestler who Jarrett has got to help him at the PPV, well he said he was from Sting's past, from the early days, right through to the last days of WCW, and he also said he hasn't been in TNA before. The most likely choice will be Steiner, he's been around Sting since the Crockett days, and its common knowledge TNA have been talking with him, so I guess he'd fit the bill. Someone else who would fit that bill would be Warrior, but I'm pretty sure TNA won't bring him in.

Slim Jim

I think Jarret's guy will probably be someone that nobody cares about like all the people they had face Raven. It'll definately be interesting to see where they take the Sting thing next though.

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
“Captain Charisma” Christian Cage (c) vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown

Not as built up as it should be perhaps, but we've seen some great stuff between the two (the Bangkok thing gets me every time). Should be a good match. I expect Cage to pick up the victory. I don't think they'll be any need for interference hopefully.

“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs.
“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher

I'm sure it'll live up to the hype, and I can't wait. Unless they are going to have another triple threat at Lockdown, it would seem here would be the place for Joe to drop the belt without technically loosing, but I still think he'll win.

HUGE EIGHT MAN WAR
Jeff Jarrett, AMW and Abyss vs. Rhino, Team 3D and The Truth

Well this whole Team Jarret vs Team Good Guy thing has been great since the "battle lines were drawn" months ago. Should be good, maybe Rhino's team to go over with the help of Sting?

The James Gang (BG and Kip James) & “Bullet” Bob Armstrong vs.
The Latin American Exchange (Konnan, Homicide, Machete)

Another long running storyline that has been built well (even if noone really cares about it). Let's hope Homicide can carry the other 5. Bullet Bob to get the pin on Konnan.

International X Division Showcase

Sabin Vs Petey Vs Some guy from New Japan Vs Some guy from Mexico. Will be a good match, although I thought that Shelly would win the triple threat on Impact, but I suppose they are saving him for bigger things.

Team Canada Vs. The Naturals

Makes sense after the predictable inteference on Impact (even though it was a great match). Team Canada might win with interference, but otherwise the Naturals will pick up the 3 count.

Alex Shelley Vs. Jay Lethal

Nothing more to say but a great match.

Lance Hoyt vs. Matt Bentley w/ Traci

I don't really see any difference in Bentley now he's "The Maverick", but I hope they do something with him. Bentley to win.

Can't wait for this PPV. Looks great from top to bottom.

Wolverine

My predictions for this are:

Christian Cage
AJ Styles
Rhino/Team 3D/Killings
LAX
Lance Hoyt
Naturals
Jay Lethal
Chris Sabin

My thinking is that Sting will somehow cost Jarrett's cronies their matches. So Shelley, Team Canada and Jarrett's eight-man team will get screwed by Sting to mark the start of his revenge on them.

Dave7g

By the way this PPV is live tonight if you have Fight Plus on the Canal digital network as part of its free introductory period.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
dave7g said:
By the way this PPV is live tonight if you have Fight Plus on the Canal digital network as part of its free introductory period.
I wish Fight Plus was aired in the UK, the channel seems awsome with a wide range of MMA, including live UFC, and the channel also carries TNA programming, Xplosion, past PPVs, and live TNA Pay Per Views. Hope the UK launch is sooner rather than later.

The B-Man

Awesome opening video and very good match between Lethal and Shelley to kick things off:)