• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TNA Breaks the 1.0 Barrier (**SPOILER**)

Ratings
Empowered by the first appearance of Sting on national television since the demise of WCW, TNA Impact scored a 1.1 household rating, shattering all existing records for the series. Among Males 18-49 and Males 18-34, the episode garnered a 1.0 rating. The episode captured an average audience of 1.3 million viewers.

TNA will be taping their next several weeks of Impact tonight at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida featuring a followup to Sting's announcement that he was retiring after his PPV bout at Final Resolution, now that he finally had a chance to say "goodbye" to his fans.
Source: PWInsider

Jack

Ratings
Good idea to send Sting packing and completely ruining that momentum then.

It's good news and all, but dreadful booking.

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Hopefully this'll give Spike TV the impetus to fund more big names coming to TNA. If they put up another half a million bucks for Jericho, I'd expect to see a similar growth in ratings. Hell, even Goldberg would probably encourage more people to tune in.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
I'n not going to deny that it seems a questionable booking move to keep Sting out of action for 2 months, but I'd be interested to see how long this will play in the long run.

Well done to TNA for the 1.0, we knew it would happen, problem is maintaining the 1.0 mark, and keep the viewers they have gained.

Dave7g

Ratings
Jack said:
Good idea to send Sting packing and completely ruining that momentum then.

It's good news and all, but dreadful booking.
I don't see it as dreadful booking, if they are increasing ratings then it's not! Sting was obviously not "a stupid idea" after all.

Ratings
Well done TNA for beating the 1.0 mark... but in the short run it is stupid booking to send sting packing... but the plan is to have Jarret keep trashing him and coming out of retirement so that may bring back ratings...

and with Sting brining it the extra viewwers.. you have to think that at least SOME of the new viewers will stay around

Ratings
This was just Saturdays show, Replay numbers should be known either late tonight, or tomorrow.

They will be released at the same time as Raw numbers

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Dante said:
Was this with just one show, or with the show and the replay?
Just the first play of the show, the replay rating will probably be out on Wednesday. Last week the replay got a 0.6, so I suspect something around that region is most likely.

The B-Man

Ratings
Yeah the replays are normally around the 0.5 or 0.6 mark can't see that changing much with the time slot it has. Be more interesting to see if next week without Sting if the ratings go down or remain above the 1.0 mark.

Chris2K

Ratings
dave7g said:
I don't see it as dreadful booking, if they are increasing ratings then it's not! Sting was obviously not "a stupid idea" after all.
He didn't mean bringing Sting in, he meant doing a "fake retirement" angle is stupid because the fans won't watch next week if Sting isn't there.

Although I'll probably get trashed for saying this, but a 1.1 rating is only a gain of 0.2. When they're up around the 1.5-2.0s, then it will be time to "celebrate".

The B-Man

Ratings
Chris2k said:
He didn't mean bringing Sting in, he meant doing a "fake retirement" angle is stupid because the fans won't watch next week if Sting isn't there.

Although I'll probably get trashed for saying this, but a 1.1 rating is only a gain of 0.2. When they're up around the 1.5-2.0s, then it will be time to "celebrate".

Yes it will but the main point was to see if they could break the 1.0 mark first, obviously the next step is maintain it then see if they can boost to 1.5.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Chris2k said:

No, it is time to celebrate. When you have a company which was gaining ratings of 0.2 - 0.4 rating on FSN, and now has improved to a 1.1 its a massive improvement.

You have got to remember, before October 05, many people didn't even know TNA exsisted. For the day and timeslot they have, a 1.1 rating is really good, you have to remember TNA don't have the name brand as WWE.

Of course its not time to throw a party, but its well worth celebrating.

The B-Man

Ratings
Also you go to remember there was talks toward the end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005 that they were close to going out of business.

Drake

Ratings
Well hopefully with TNA breaking the 1.0 barrier it will give Spike even more hopes and give TNA the rumored Thursday night time slot.

And yes I agree that the ''Fake Retiring'' does seem stupid in TNA's part but we we'll have to find out next week what they have in-store now.

Ratings
Glad to see TNA finally break that 1.0 mark, hopefully (as has been said) Spike TV will see that bringing in big names does really help the show get ratings!

wyndorf

Ratings
Can anyone find out how the TWC ratings have faired since the 1 week delay?

Be interesting to compare them to the shows on 5 week delay.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
The Monday replay of TNA Impact scored a 0.7 rating. Among viewers 18-49, is garnered a 0.6 rating with 651,000 people watching. 509,000 of those viewers were Males 18-49, with TNA scoring a 1.0 rating in that demographic. Spike TV is really pleased with TNA's continued growth.
Another well done for TNA.