• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

TNA:Bound for Glory

The B-Man

Ratings
So it's less than a week until TNA debuts on Spike and so far they have announced 4 matches for their next PPV Bound for Glory. These matches are:

Samao Joe Versus Jushin Thunder Liger

AJ Styles V Christopher Daniels - 30 minute Iron man match

Chris Sabin V Petey Williams V Matt Bentley - Ultimate X Match

Abyss V Rhino V Sabu V Jeff Hardy - Monsters Ball 2

Now so far I think that looks like a great card with a 3.5 star match with the monsters ball and the other three being 4 plus. The only downside to theis PPV is talks of JArrett V Kevin Nash for the title. But if you look at it from another view point Nash is defiantely not someone who could be said was a WWE jobber so from a mark view point probably a smart move. Anyone else have any thoughts on how good this PPV may or may not be. Either way who will be watching Impact wehn it goes to spike?

Ratings
if this ppv was in england on PPV i would buy over no mercy easily...

i wish we had TNA up to date though because it kills it not wanting to no the results but having to wait 6 weeks to see the show on TWC

should be a good show though.. TNa's version of WM here

stevejd

Ratings
so when did Jarret win the title, on an Impact taping? I thought he'd give Raven at least a rematch before Nash just strolling back to TNA and getting a title shot!!!

I'd love to see a Rhino/Jarret feud in the near future for the title though!

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
The PPV from my view is looking to be something that will give both marks & smarks a reason to buy the PPV. Thats what TNA need to do, appeal to both sectors of the wrestling audience.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Just on a side not, I actually think that AJ Styles vs. Chris Daniels will probably be the main event for the PPV anyway, not Nash vs. Jarrett, TNA seem to be trying to make the World Championship & X Division belts have the same vaule, so thats the way I see it going.

The B-Man

Ratings
Dan said:
Just on a side not, I actually think that AJ Styles vs. Chris Daniels will probably be the main event for the PPV anyway, not Nash vs. Jarrett, TNA seem to be trying to make the World Championship & X Division belts have the same vaule, so thats the way I see it going.
Yeah I have mentioned that here to Mr Fill and I hope that is defiantely the way they go with tna x division. Everyone knows the matches are better and to be honest with you the crowd would just be dead as **** after what looks to be 3 great matches then JJ V Nash

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
Ratings
284 2
Not only that we all know how the last Nash v Jarrett match was recieved.... Oh dear god it was bad and when Jarrett tried to attack Nash with that Cello and it broke, oh my what an embrassment...

Other then that it looks good, everyone booked against people they work well against and in good situations.

But Sabin, Petey and Bently has been done so many times before and so has any of them v Daniels and Styles as well. So I think the X-Divison needs a new threat apart from them, maybe Shelly when he comes back from Z-1. Styles or Daniels v Shelly would be a good match in my opinion.

The B-Man

Ratings
Evil Gringo said:
Not only that we all know how the last Nash v Jarrett match was recieved.... Oh dear god it was bad and when Jarrett tried to attack Nash with that Cello and it broke, oh my what an embrassment...

Other then that it looks good, everyone booked against people they work well against and in good situations.

But Sabin, Petey and Bently has been done so many times before and so has any of them v Daniels and Styles as well. So I think the X-Divison needs a new threat apart from them, maybe Shelly when he comes back from Z-1. Styles or Daniels v Shelly would be a good match in my opinion.
Couldn't agree more on the shelly thing there Gringo. That guy definately has talent so I would like to see him get the belt. There is also the fact they should use Skipper better and that they have signed Strong and Aires

Evil Gringo

Ratings
284 2
Yeah... if they stick Shelly and Aries in the mix with Daniels and AJ then past results and matches on the other indie fed shows have proven that the output is awesome!

As for Strong, who knows, lets hope the Survival of the Fittest tourney has benefited hm and his progress continues...

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
PWTorch has reported this, information on possible Main Event Spoilers at Bound for Glory:

No confirmed word yet if the match will feature if it does indeed happen but the following team has been discussed: Jarrett, AMW, Sean Waltman, and Kip James vs Raven, The Dudleys, Nash, and Monty Brown. At the moment it's only a rumour.

Daniels vs Styles Iron Man Match will be the main event if the match takes place but if an NWA Title match is added this could be changed.

Now, I have taken this from a TNA fan site, so whether there is any truth in it, I'm not sure, I certainly haven't been able to find anythig on the PWTorch website anyway. But its an interesting thought anyway.

Jung

Ratings
Surely Brown would have to turn on Kip James though wouldn't he?

And by the way, AJ Styles v Roderick Strong will be the first TNA match on Spike TV according to Da Meltz.

stevejd

Ratings
I'd like to see Paul London go to TNA and compete in the X Division. he is amazing and the WWE are taking the p*** out of him now.

Jack

Ratings
Lodon is a good wrestler, but it's hard to use someone who is so limited in other areas. If AJ had gone to WWE a while back, it would of been the same, and rightfully so. Neither can entertain the fans, in a non-wrestling way, and that is why they don't deserve to be pushed.

Of course AJ was World Champion, because TNA have lower standards than WWE, and London was lucky to be a Champion, even if the division is a joke.

Jung

Ratings
To be fair, that argument can be levelled at Chris Masters, but the fact he has a decent body, is why he gets a decent push.

Image is everything.

Dave7g

Ratings
Joe vs Lyger has me most excited, I'm sure they have had matches in Japan but I cant seem to find any anywhere, By the way, is Joe vs Kobashi happening tonight?

Jack

Ratings
Nah, it's either Oct. 1st, or 2nd. I'm pretty sure it's the 1st though.

And Joe and Lyger teamed together in RoH, but I'm sure they didn't fight each other.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
The Great Jungta said:
Surely Brown would have to turn on Kip James though wouldn't he?

And by the way, AJ Styles v Roderick Strong will be the first TNA match on Spike TV according to Da Meltz.
I'm petty much sure TNA were teasing a Brown face turn at the last PPV.

Evil Gringo

Ratings
284 2
To answer the Joe and Liger question...

This is the first time the two have faced off one on one or in tag format...

They tagged together in RoH against Bryan Danielson and Low Ki but never have they faced each other....

And Jack is also right about Kobashi... 1st of October against Joe and then alongisde Homicide facing Low Ki and Joe on the 2nd...

Proudy

Ratings
I dont really take much interest in TNA, but the card for this PPV looks really good. Nash's name will help sell it more to the casual fans. Whats a Monsters Ball 2 match?

Any more news on the Dudleys? Will they make their 1st appearance on the 1st spike tv IMPACT?

Last edited: