Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

This Years Rumble

Mr Kennedy

FAO mods, not sure if there is an official rumble thread, I didnt see one, if there is, feel free to move this post to it.

Right, The great thing about this years Rumble is that no one is being pushed in a way to make people think there getting a title shot at Mania. Last year most people knew it was either going to be Batista or Cena. Year before, Beniot had been pushed as the top baby face, told he'd never get a title shot etc. We all had a feeling he would win. It goes on with Rumbles before hand.

This year, WWE seems to be going for the shock factor, two title changes in a matter on days. Granted one was forced, the other a shock. Kurt turning up on Smackdown. Live Sex. etc. WWE seems to have decided to try and shock people lately, to get that uncertainty back in wrestling. This new shock factor is probabley to try and catch 'internet' fans out, as I think we all know Vince and co. aren't fans. Right, i'm going to have a quick look at the wrestlers that I think will be the last 6. Feel free to do your own. The more the merrier.

(These are my predictions and are not spoilers)

6th Big Show I think that Show will be the 25th person to be thrown over the top rope, and both his feet will touch the floor;). He'll come in and dominate for 2 minutes like he always does. King will shout he's my favourite to win this thing, whos gonna throw him out, then suddenly, Kane turns and Eliminates him.

5th Bobby Lashley I put him here because as much of a fan I am of Smackdown and enjoy their product, they lack a good face without a title. A good showing from Lashley could set him up for a US title match at Mania.

4th Kane Kane has been pushed as an unstoppable monster recently, yet he still going downhill and getting more boring every Monday night. Bring back Kane from the 2001 Rumble, the guy that was in there an hour and actully looked like a threat. Kane will look like a real competitor to win, then just won't.

3rd Randy Orton Randy needs a good showing this weekend, I can see him coming in early and lasting the longest, maybe even eliminating the most people. Winning it is a step to far, to early just yet. But he'll win a number 1 contenders match at No Way Out and head on to Mania to face Kurt.

2nd Triple H The obvious choice to win it, he's most peoples educated guess to main event at Wrestlemania, however, he has been involved in the past 3 Mania title matches, Booker T, Chris Beniot & Shawn Michaels and Batista last year. So don't be suprised to see him in the upper midcard come April, maybe fighting Vince's corner.

1st Rob Van Dam I don't think alot of people would agree with me here, but look back to the WWE's new shock factor that I was talking about earlier. The Raw title scene has a fresh feeling about it. Masters saying hes going to be the youngest ever champion and putting himself in the scene, Carlito's looking better and better, Edge is Brilliant in his role. It's good to see. RVD is over, and always has been, a year out and people can't wait to see him back, me included. He stayed out a year to make sure he was in brilliant shape when he returned, I expect to see that he's bulked up as well, he's capable of having a 5 star match. Ultimatley, he will draw as top babyface. Therefore RVD to win is my prediction. Edge vs RVD at Mania.

I have went on alot here, like I seem to do in my posts on here. I know I have missed out Rey Mysterio, Cena, Beniot etc. but it was hard to fit them in. Cena I think will be taken down a level for a while after the Rumble, Mysterio will fae Orton at No Way Out fo the No. 1 contendership. and Beniot, well. I'm not sure.

Sorry if you got bored ;)

DraVen

It's a good read, for sure. But there's no way in hell that HHH isn't winning the belt at Wrestlemania. So I'm looking at HHH or Orton. RVD could potentially win, but he's not going to the WM main event.

Dave7g

It's got to be HHH really, with maybe Rey, Orton and possibly someone like Masters. Yet hopefully RVD will be in the final four.

The undercard is an absolute disgrace however.

The Boogeyman vs JBL - Are they taking the piss?

Ashley vs Mickey James - What?

Kurt Angle vs Mark Henry - I feel bad for Kurt, potential injury for him here working with this useless gimp.

Edge vs John Cena - It wont be great, but it will if Edge pins him!

Mr Kennedy

Yeah I agree Dave. Putting matches like Shelton vs Michaels for free on Raw, then expecting us to pay for JBL vs the Boogeyman. The WWE could do wonder's if Heyman (for example) was booking matches and fueds.

Mr Kennedy

Should have popped this in my last post. But what happened to Defending titles on PPV. The Intercontintal title gets no exposure, US title is getting better. Cruiserweights? What cruiserweights? and Smackdown's Tag scene is just a mass of potential lead by the most charismatic team since Edge and Christian, however they are under lock and key on Velcocity.

DraVen

I think JBL/Boogeyman could be entertaining if booked right. Ther Boogeyman is the best character in the US right now, and JBL is a good upper midcard guy. So I think it'll be fine. Cena/Edge'll be a good match, Cena PPV matches usually are. Ok, Ashley can't carry Mickie, so that'll suck. On the plus, it'll be the first time that she's the best looking person in the ring. Angle/Henry'll be good, hopefully.

It'll be fine, me thinks.

Mr Kennedy

Don't get me wrong Draven, i'm not doubting that the Boogeyman and JBL aren't very entertaining guys, I was just looking at wrestling simply. Hence the Michaels vs Shelton example.

SuperKick Kid

Ok, my pick to win the Rumble is RVD. I want RVD to win the rumble and have the title reign he should have had back in 2002.

Jimmy Redman

With regards to Ashley v MICKIE, the good thing about Women's matches is that if they're not good, they're that bad its entertaining. Example is this week's RAW. Either way I'm going to enjoy it.

And either Orton or Trips will win the Rumble. Has HHH won it before?

CoTT

JBL/Boogeyman does nothing for me. I'll be a little sickened if JBL doesn't win. I don't like to see a competent main eventer being wasted.

Cena/Edge won't be anything special and I reckon Cena will regain his title setting up a match with HHH at Mania.

Ashley/Mickie will suck.

Angle/Henry should be passable as Angle will put on a decent enough match with anyone really. I expect Angle to win clean.

The Rumble itself looks fairly straight-forward but there's room for surprise. I'll go with Orton with HHH as second bet.

H}{H-Evolution

Has HHH won it before?

Yeah he has, it was either the 2001/02 rumble...just after he returned. :p
I know, I have the DVD - I just can't remember the year. XD

SuperKick Kid

Maybe The Rock will make an appearance, isn't the Rumble in Miami?

And Mick Foley and Pat Patterson on Byte This have predicted RVD to win the Rumble.

Last edited:

Sav

Pat Patterson already knows the real winner so I doubt he was going to 'predict' the right answer. It's between Rey, Orton and HHH that I am certain of.

Mr Kennedy

I said in my original post that Triple H has been in title matches at the past 3 Mania's. WWE is trying shock tactics this year, to try and catch people off guard. RVD can be a massive top baby face draw, After Vince relised he could talk on the mic at ONS, he has to relise that RVD does infact have everything. mic skills, slogans, massive amount of fans, and the wrestling ability to have a 5 star match. the the heel heat that Edge is getting as champion, and the reaction, I can assure you RVD will get on sunday. It just makes sense. A fresh Mania Main Event. I can feel it in my bones.

CoTT

Don't worry. I won't be eating any words. Do you really think WWE would have enough confidence in those two to headline Mania? You're living in a dream world.