Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Walking Dead S10 Discussion

North

It's finally back, ladies and gentlemen. Let's praise and rant to our hearts' content. Who knows, maybe this will be the last we can do it for this series.

Anyway, the first episode is out. What do you think we'll get in this season?

Pluto

With the number of walkers they've killed so far, I once thought that they would run out of objects to slash. I guess I don't need to worry.

For now, I'm looking forward to seeing Carol in another war. Those stares at the ending make me quite excited for the next episodes. I hope they can build the tension well.

Ogmore

I usually binge this one after the season is complete. I've heard that the origin of the Whispers was recently revealed, but I didn't continue listening as I haven't seen it. I'm very curious about that little tidbit though. I thought last season was a step up and one of the best seasons in this series. I hope season 10 is the same.

North

I usually binge this one after the season is complete. I've heard that the origin of the Whispers was recently revealed, but I didn't continue listening as I haven't seen it. I'm very curious about that little tidbit though. I thought last season was a step up and one of the best seasons in this series. I hope season 10 is the same.
I don't think it's that specific. I'd say we get to see the origin of Beta, though some interesting details are still being left out intentionally. Plot-wise, we are still at the same point as the end of the pilot episode, but this extra story isn't too bad. It's nice to see that Alpha hides different sides of herself, how Beta thinks of the team, and what a potential threat Gamma is.

North

Four episodes in and I feel more optimistic than I was at the beginning. At least the potential conflicts are interesting on paper. Carol's mental health issues (in combination with Siddiq's though the latter is more disappointing than the former), The Whisperers and the bosses, and how to actually deal with them.

Can they pull this off at least once?

Pluto

Negan, where can you run off to? I didn't think I'd come to a point where I'm kind of rooting for him, but here I am. My guess is that The Whisperers are organizing these strangely timed attacks for an ambush down the road, further fueled by what happens to Lydia, and that's when everyone will come together.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Negan, where can you run off to?
I was thinking that it was an inside job at Alexandria, some of those that want him dead have taken him as they think its the only way to get it done. I don't expect them to go through with it though. In the closing moments of the episode, it seemed to focus on a building, he could be there. Or they could have just been highlighting the sound of the walkers behind the fence...

North

I was thinking that it was an inside job at Alexandria, some of those that want him dead have taken him as they think its the only way to get it done. I don't expect them to go through with it though. In the closing moments of the episode, it seemed to focus on a building, he could be there. Or they could have just been highlighting the sound of the walkers behind the fence...
The Alexandrians seem particularly restless, and Negan and Lydia are the perfect targets anyway. Though with Negan locked away, it would've been easier to target Lydia. Anyway, I don't mind having more reasons to raise conflicts, so it's up to the execution.

Pluto

I like your ideas! The building may have a kind of meaning. We can both find Negan and his captors with some Walker friends. Sounds fun.

Anyway, if those things happen and shake the structure of Alexandria a little, I think that would be great. We need changes, stuff at stake and worth fighting for. It just feels a little empty now since there isn't really a happy ending for anyone.

Pluto

Well, well. I didn't think Negan would be friends with some fake Walkers! That's a nice twist, even though I don't think Negan really believes in their cause. Maybe he's just curious, yet still, going with them is better than going around aimlessly. I enjoy his parts with Beta more than Carol this time, I feel strange.