• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Undertaker's streak - will it end and who will end it?

Who Will End Undertakers Undefeated Streak? (If Anyone)

• No-One (He'll remain undefeated)

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shawn Michaels

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Triple H

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Edge

• Batista

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton

• Other Superstar (Please Specify)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Is the streak relevent?

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
Ratings
It's arguably the most impressive undefeated streak in wrestling history (and unlike some I can mention the numbers are not up for debate) and after discussion in the recent news thread it seems there is a lot of interest and speculation on TWO as to who might end the Wrestlemania undefeated streak held by The Undertaker (or if anyone will end it at all).

So I'm doing a poll to see what the general concencus is.

Rebekah

Ratings
No-one, nobody is worthy. Like Chelsea do not lose at home, Undertaker does not lose at Wrestlemania

JC

Ratings
Nobody and nobody on that list would be worth it in all honesty.

Cena? Michaels? That's laughable.

Ratings
I can't see anyone beating Taker at Mania and right now there is no-one who should.

In the random news thread the artice said they were thinking possibly Ted Dibiase Jr. as they see him as a future main eventer but as much potential as I see in him I don't think he can ever get big enough to warrent beating Taker at Mania

Brock just had something about him which screamed main eventer, his size, power, moveset everything just said he could be massive in wrestling, that is the type of person who you need to beat Taker just as they are ready to move into the main slot in the company Ted Jr. just doesn't have that sort of presence and I don't really think he can devolp it

Paul

Ratings
Excuse my addition to the poll, but I felt like it was needed. And its not any kind of piss take, I just cant see that its relevent to anything anymore, the streak has gone on too long now IMO.

Ratings
Wasn't it supposed to be ended by Randy Orton a couple of years ago, but he got injured, or is that something I just made up?

JC

Ratings
I can't remember if he was injured but Orton definitely was the prime candidate to end the streak given his unique gimmick.

They missed the boat there if they were ever going to end it.

Jack

Ratings
I don't see the point in the streak anymore. We're talking about professional wrestling - There is no pride in winning 17 (Or whatever it is) times in a row on an entertainment show. It doesn't mean anything. When the time comes for 'Taker to retire, he should lose a retirement match at WrestleMania, by clean pinfall.

What is there to gain from never breaking the streak? Nothing. On the other hand, a win would catapult a guy like Ted DiBiase's career.

Kanenite

Ratings
Not a chance that he'll get defeated. I think it would be a shame if they did end it, especially seeing as they've had a much bigger chance with other people.

H}{H-Evolution

Ratings
The streak is mostly for the marks, anyhow - everyone here who claims it's of no importance forget that the Undertakers streak has become huge business in the WWE 'universe', as they call it, and is the central focus of the Undertakers legacy in the WWE.It's kinda pointless to claim it means 'Nothing' when the marks and Undertaker fans cheer the heck outta the guy when he wins.

The streak is important, and is one of the few Kayfabe legends that should never change.
Besides, it's not usually a main event issue...so if you don't approve, ignore it. :p

Ratings
IMO Dibiase can be a future main eventer, but i doubt Undertaker will still be wrestling when DiBiase gets big enough to warrant ending the streak as that would take at least 3 years

Ratings
There's the possibility of it being HHH due to them being on the roster and him being the only 1 with enough political power for it to happen. I hope he doesn't but we've all seen what he's done in the past.

H}{H-Evolution

Ratings
Putting HHH in it is a little silly - there's no indication he's ever been interested in it, and if he was he woulda pulled that powerstring already.

Perhaps if it was a title on the line, but for the purpose of beating him over the streak alone, it's a weak and fairly ungrounded argument...

Besides, Randy may yet redeem himself...who knows. :p

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
It should of been Orton. In fact when he reversed the chokeslam into an RKO I seriously thought it was over. Since that didn't happen then I don't really see the point in anyone beating him now. It wouldn't feel like Taker was being beaten in his "prime" anymore, and it'd be a nice legacy for him to leave behind, plus it'd make for a nice HOF induction as "the man who never lost on the grandest stage of them all."

Last edited:

Fiona

Ratings
I can't see anyone on that list ending the streak. Their just not worthy.:lol:

Actually I see the Undertaker ending the streak. I think he'll have one more Mania match, win, then retire. That's the only way I can see imo the streak being ended to everyone's satisfaction.

Laffy

Wales forever!!!
Ratings
i never want to see the streak ended if it does im sorry that will be the day i stop watching wrestling. It is one of my constants and something i believe totally in. I know Taker offered it to Kane but Kane said no way.

Somethings are meant to last the lengths of time and this is one of those moments.

the HiTman

Ratings
Excuse my addition to the poll, but I felt like it was needed. And its not any kind of piss take, I just cant see that its relevent to anything anymore, the streak has gone on too long now IMO.
I don't see why it's not relevant. We all cry out for things to be more dignified in the WWE. Take the IC title for example.

The Undertakers WM streak is one of the only true honourable things left in the WWE and it should be just that - honoured.

I voted for it not to be broken by the way.

Paul

Ratings
I don't see why it's not relevant. We all cry out for things to be more dignified in the WWE. Take the IC title for example.

The Undertakers WM streak is one of the only true honourable things left in the WWE and it should be just that - honoured.

I voted for it not to be broken by the way.

Its not relevent because the streak has been a nothing, mid card opponants for the most part, and has gotten to the point that its a detriment to Taker and to Wrestlemania. Every year its 'can mid card jobber beat Taker?' or 'can up and comer beat Taker' and the answer is no. Now theres no real wonder about if it will (really, Mark Henry.. did anyone think he would win?) be lost now as nobody is enough of a threat.
So yeah, its not relevent anymore. Its as relevent as the fact that stone Cold wore black trunks every Mania.

Oh, and its honourable? Sorry but I'm not clear on how you mean that. :)

Jericho123

Ratings
The streak will never end, and I agree with Darkstar its not relevent, at WM 24 when Randy Ortan retained we all knew that Taker was going over for sure. As good as Edge v Taker at Mania was, everyone knew that Edge couldn't win, so the title vs streak didn't work for me.

The Beltster

Ratings
603 1
It's kinda pointless to claim it means 'Nothing' when the marks and Undertaker fans cheer the heck outta the guy when he wins.
It means nothing. As you said, its a kayfabe deal, and kayfabe is dead.

People would cheer Taker just as loud if the streak were never mentioned or didnt excist, and if he lost at WM, and came out the next night, nobody would remember or care that the streak was over.

It means squat.