Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Sack Race

Red05

I'm tempted to put money on Southgate. If Middlesbrough start badly, he could be gone by Christmas.

Wolverine

Gibson's renowned for his patience though. Unless Boro are absolutely horrific (and they shouldn't be with players like Woodgate, Tuncay and Yakubu), I can't see Southgate being sacked first.

Red05

Gibson's renowned for his patience though. Unless Boro are absolutely horrific (and they shouldn't be with players like Woodgate, Tuncay and Yakubu), I can't see Southgate being sacked first.
Aye, but any team with good players can still perform badly. And if they've got these good players but still perform badly early on, maybe Gibson will decide it's the manager that needs changing. Someone a bit better, perhaps. We'll see.

Wolverine

Yeah, but Bryan Robson got Boro relegated with players like Juninho and Ravenelli, and Gibson didn't sack him. When Boro got back in the Premiership and Robson struggled again, Gibson decided not to sack him, but instead brought Terry Venables in to help Robson out. Gibson also prescided over Steve McClaren's five mediocre years without a thought of sacking him, even when fans were running onto the pitch and throwing their season tickets at the manager. He is notoriously patient.

Red05

Yeah, but Bryan Robson got Boro relegated with players like Juninho and Ravenelli, and Gibson didn't sack him. When Boro got back in the Premiership and Robson struggled again, Gibson decided not to sack him, but instead brought Terry Venables in to help Robson. Gibson also prescided over Steve McClaren's five mediocre years without a thought of sacking him, even when fans were running onto the pitch and throwing their season tickets at the manager. He is notoriously patient.
Leave me alone, with your reasoning and evidence. I think Southgate might get sacked and that's that! :lol:

HSM

Where do you get these odds? Wenger at 12/1 but Moyes and O'Neill both at 28/1 :lol:

Wolverine

I loosely based them on Skybet's odds, which had Wenger at 7/1 and both Moyes and O'Neill at 40/1, actually.

Jung

I've gone for Curbs.

With Eggert knowing nowt about football, I feel a bad star or bad run even for a brief time could spell the end for him. Bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd take a chance.

HSM

I've gone for Curbs.

With Eggert knowing nowt about football, I feel a bad star or bad run even for a brief time could spell the end for him. Bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd take a chance.
Yeah I went for Curbishley too.

stevehayes2005

Rafa Benitez - tens of millions of pounds spent again yet on who? and they will be m iles of the pace again next year like this. If it weren't for his pen shootout successes he'd be gone by now. Houllier received a lot of criticism yet his Pool side wree closer to the top than Rafa's!

Jung

You've got to be kidding right?

Ah well you're loss...Lol he'd be gone by now ha whatever