Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Purge S2 Discussion

North

I quite enjoyed watching the first season, and the concept of the system is just interesting, so I'm kind of ashamed that I missed the premiere of the new season. I'll have to catch up ASAP! I've just seen the first one, and I'm excited. Is there anyone else here watching this show?

Poppy

I'm skipping it. Last season's episodes were hit-or-miss and I didn't like the way the season ended. I'll watch this thread to see if I'm missing out and will start binge-watching till I catch up if it looks good.

Pluto

I am watching it, but not yet up-to-date with the latest episode. I still like that the characters are interconnected (though the world feels so small that way because everyone is related to each other). I also like that it's not on Purge night but we are possibly getting some crazy stuff like it is.

Which characters are you most interested in?

I'm watching. It doesn't come on the telly in the UK so I watch through Prime Video. We're a day or so behind I believe.

@Pluto I'm all about Esme Carmona at the moment. Her job and the technology involved intrigues me.

DandyMandy

I'm watching. I adore Esme and I want to know more about her sister. The surveillance aspects are important, but I'm more interested in the people and wish they'd focus more on character development. Then again, we're only four or so episodes in so maybe the show will delve deeper into the character's motivations, values, and history.

North

I'm most interested in Marcus this far (I'm three episodes in). Sometimes you don't need a reason to be targeted during the Purge, but knowing that the nightmare isn't over even after that is mentally crushing. I really wonder what kind of grave sin he committed to have someone after him this badly.

I agree that Esme's plot is quite intriguing as well.