• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Orville

Ratings
Someone recommended this show to me because I said I was looking for a new sci-fi show. I looked it up and it seems more of a parody on sci-fi. Isn't Seth MacFarlane the Family Guy creator? Anyone seen this show? What did you think?

ShadowEdge

Ratings
I've watched it a few times. The Orville is a sci-fi comedy that semi-parodies other science fiction shows like Star Trek and SeaQuest DSV, but it isn't a slapstick parody like you'd see on SNL. It isn't a spoof. There is genuine character development and interesting plots. Family Guy has lots of crude humor, but this show isn't really like that. The Orville has many episodes that were directed by Star Trek alumni if that helps. To me, it's not a must see T.V., I'm more of a reality show girl, but The Orville is worth checking out, especially since you're a sci-fi fan.

Ratings
It can be very funny and it can also be sad. I think it's gotten better as it's gone on. There's still a juvenile edge sometimes, but nothing like FG or American Dad (I assume--I haven't seen it in years).