Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The next step in gaming evolution

Ratings
We are looking at augmented reality and virtual reality games. We are looking at an online platform which facilitates multiplayer. We are looking at mobile consoles strong enough to handle complicated games. Is there anything left to try? If Sony announces its plan to make PlayStation 5 someday, what kind of games do you think it will support? Are we at the end of our creativity?

ShadowEdge

Ratings
I think virtual reality still has room for improvement. The only further advancement that I can picture happening is wearing a suit that gives feedback. When your player is hit, you feel a vibration or whatever. Or maybe we're heading into a Simon and Kable situation like in the movie Gamer.

Ratings
Or maybe we're heading into a Simon and Kable situation like in the movie Gamer.
You beat me to this because I was going to say the same thing. The movie did not portray real gamers because some of the gamers' actions were not synchronized properly with their avatar.

Creativity has no limitation so gaming will continue evolving.

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
Augmented Reality/VR is where we're headed next. Regular analog controlled games are still gonna be huge for many many years to come, I would imagine. It's gonna take time for VR stuff to get better, but as it's improved and more accessible/affordable, it's gonna be awesome. They just need to improve it and then put some massively popular game on there to help it launch, like perhaps Elder Scrolls 6 or the next Fallout when those come out. I imagine people would LOVE to play those in a VR environment if it were done well.

TynBox

Ratings
Count me in. A simulated driving program is something I would pay good money for.

Actually Zack, do you think programmers and makers can hook up with the motor vehicle departments in each state and re-vamp their driving tests?

Ratings
TynBox, such an interesting idea!

The AR/VR will be our focus for some decades, I'm sure of it. The gaming devices have plenty of room for improvement, and there are many games we want to see created for the gear. Once we've finished exploring this world, though, what do you think will happen next?

Ratings
I think the next big thing in gaming will be like in the movie "Ready Player One". A virtual reality game in which your entire body will experience and feel the actions in the game.

Ratings
I think processing power and storage capacity have always been some of the biggest obstacles for innovation. Simply increasing the processing capacity on dedicated gaming hardware will allow creators to make increasingly unique ideas a reality.

There are many ways VR and AR can factor into gameplay, and, from what I've heard and seen, a good amount of VR titles only scratch the surface in a lot of ways but nevertheless are still cool, fun games.

I think adding a little bit more interactivity to VR is around the corner, as soon as VR really starts to catch on. I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised with the advancement in games over the next few years.

Ratings
They just need to improve it and then put some massively popular game on there to help it launch, like perhaps Elder Scrolls 6 or the next Fallout when those come out.
Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR are already out for some time already. Both games were made with terrible control problems. The graphics were amazing, no surprise about that as Bethesda's quality of aesthetics is always near perfection.