• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The news is so depressing.

Ratings
Seriously, I feel like I can't go more than a few hours without being exposed to some super depressing news headline. I used to read all of the articles out of morbid curiosity, but I felt it made my outlook too negative, so I made an effort not to read them anymore. Ever since I've been avoiding them, they seem to be popping up endlessly! I don't want hourly reminders of how much the world sucks.

Ratings
Well, in Wales we just won a particularly important rugby union game against England, so our news is mostly about that at the moment. We'll float on that bit of happiness for days. I agree that he news is usually depressing though. I'm tired of hearing about Brexit. It's becoming impossible to compromise - or so they say.

Ratings
Totally agree with you, Eversleigh. It feels like the news has been non-stop Brexit updates for the past 100 years or so. I'm only slightly exaggerating. ;) Chucky, I get where you're coming from. Unfortunately, bad news garners more attention than good news so the focus is always going to be on the bad.

Ratings
I think the news focuses on negative stories because that is what most people are interested in. However, some people get too emotionally invested in such news, missing a lot of the positive stuff out there.

Zack T

Ratings
115 1
There's positive stuff to find. I personally try to set myself up so that my Facebook feed is predominantly just fun stuff - Silly pictures, memes, jokes, fun articles, things I like.

I read news most days too, and yea there's bad stuff or frustrating stuff. I'm in the United States so Brexit isn't dominating our news cycles (although we have heard some about it). But we've got our own crap parading around as the news focuses on the shenanigans of the Trump administration, the apparent lack of deal from the summit with North Korea this week, and constant musings on Manafort, Michael Cohen, and Mueller's mysterious report.