Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The new Little Women

Ratings
Has anyone else watched the new Little Women mini-series? I had high expectations for it since I love the novel and have loved other shows from BBC. My expectations were not met. There were a few liberties taken that I wasn't particularly fond of, such as age differences and some modernisation of plotlines and characters. More importantly there just wasn't a whole lot of zest. It fell rather flat.

Hal

Ratings
I'll be honest, I haven't seen any version of Little Women. I just wanted to say that it's kind of odd that BBC did a mini-series of an American novel. That's not to say they can't or that Americans haven't done plenty of movies/shows based on British literature (because there's about a thousand years worth of solid material there), I'm just curious whether or not this is a first for BBC.

Ratings
Huh. I think you're right. This might be the first BBC mini-series based on something written by an American author. I could be wrong, but I just glanced through a few lists and didn't notice any programs that were based on something written by an American.