Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The most toxic parents on television

Ratings
Who do you consider to be the most toxic parents on television? It doesn't matter whether they are portraying fictional characters on television or they're part of a reality show cast.

For me, it's probably Elizabeth and Phillip Jennings from The Americans. I loved the programme, but hated the way they ignored their son Henry and manipulated their young daughter Paige into joining their spy games. Those are two kids who will need a ton of therapy someday.

Ratings
I have been wanting to watch The American's, but I have yet to watch a full show. I watched a bit of one episode and it piqued my interest, but I have yet to really commit to watching any of the (past) episodes. Toxic parents? Hmm? I'd have to give that some thought. I think I'll go with Kris Jenner, although admittedly I have sort of a love/hate type of feeling towards her. She's a boss, no one can deny that. I respect her hustle. On the other hand... let's just say that I think that her parenting skills are questionable, at best.

Ratings
Aaron echols from Veronica Mars.
He beats his son, sleeps with his sons girlfriend then kills her and tried to kill veronica and her dad Keith. To top it all off he gets his son to wipe the video evidence and he gets away

Ratings
Were there any decent parents on Game of Thrones? I can't think of any. I guess Cersei Lannister was the worst mother, though Lysa Arryn and her breastfeeding obsession was a close second. Craster was probably the worst father.

Zack T

Ratings
80 1
Ned Stark was a pretty decent father

Peter Griffin from Family Guy is horrible but the show knows it and makes it a part of the humor to point it out.

Along those lines, Homer Simpson sucks as a dad

Ratings
@Zack T, I'll always defend Ned Stark. He was a bit absent but I think a pretty decent father overall, especially in comparison to other parents on the show.

@Ogmore, there are quite a few to choose from on Game of Thrones. Cersei might be the worst. Tywin was pretty awful too.

George and Lucille Blooth from Arrested Development are absolutely toxic parents. It doesn't seem quite on the same level as others that have been mentioned because it's a comedy, but they're just bloody terrible parents. The whole show is pretty much about that.