Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The last film you watched? 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2James

The Mist - The film was ok, nothing special. The end was a bit f*cked up and just typical of life.

Nemesis Enforcer

District 9 - Love this film more then I first though upon its second viewing. It seems to remind me of another film I have seen long ago but for the life of me I can't think what it is

Hanahbananabob

Subscriber
Me and my friend decided to watch some scary movies (well they werent really scary lol) for new years, we watched Trick 'r Treat- it was okay, got a bit confused but yeah it was alright! then we watched Dead Silence- really enjoyed this film!

Nemesis Enforcer

I have got Trick R Treat on DVD but haven't got round to watching it yet, its meant to be like Creepshow I have heard, an anothology of stories type film is that the case?

Hanahbananabob

Subscriber
Yeah, it follows like 4 different stories (i think its 4??) and they kind of end up linking together, but yeah it confused me a bit! i think i would need to watch it again to make more sense of it!

Nemesis Enforcer

Ah so its like Creepshow 3 then which does the same thing (all the stories connect) may have to give it a watch tonight!

Nimf

Subscriber
Just finished watching the new Harry Potter on DVD with DC and Richard. Had to acquire a new copy (that is, buy one, swop the disks, take the dodgy one back and get a refund) as the copy bought for me was all green and fuzzy. All better now!

Jayfunk

Here are the cinema films i have watched over the holidays

Avatar first viewing 5/10 second 6/10
Sherlock holmes 8/10 i though this would suck as nothing like the orginal but it didnt and was very goof
Nine - 8/10 Daniel Day Lewis at this best, great film with a great cast
What happened to the morgans 6/10 not bad hugh grant being hugh grant

So i a watched 5 films in two weeks and maybe another one tomorrow not bad for 13.50

Nemesis Enforcer

Trick R Treat - I was dissapointed by it to be honest, didn't think it was that good really after I had some good expectations for it.

Hanahbananabob

Subscriber
Did you get confused like i did?? lol! the stories werent really that interesting and yeah...i probably wouldnt buy it unless it was really cheap!

Nemesis Enforcer

At times I got slightly confused but by the end I was more bored then cnfused. Kind of sad that I spent £10 on it now but my brother loves it so will get him to give me the money for it and buy something else me thinks.

Hanahbananabob

Subscriber
I dont blame you! Well I came onto this thread to write about the last film i watched and totally forgot xD
I just watched Saw IV because i havent seen it in ages and i really need to give Saw V back to my friend seeing as ive borrowed it for over a month now lol! I liked it, spent most of the film hiding behind my hands as there was so much gross stuff in it lol but yep i enjoyed it!

takemethere

I watched The Simpsons Movie for the first time today, I thought it was brilliant!

Vaguely watching the end of King Arthur on BBC Three now.

JC

Watched a few movies recently.

Lolita (Kubrick's Version) - I loved it. Not in a pervy way. Just a great constructed story.

Frost/Nixon - Again loved it. Frank Langella is brilliant in that movie.

The Godfather Part 1 & 2 - Second is better but I understand once again why they are so highly regarded. Pacino is outstanding in Part 2.

Vertigo - Jimmy Stewart is easy to watch and so is this great wee movie.

DC

Had a little bit of a movie-fest (as is the norm after Christmas) and, in the last few days, have watched Drag Me to Hell, Harry Potter 6, The Wrestler, End of Days, I tried to watch Happy Feet and, at the moment, I'm watching the remake of The Hitcher for shits and giggles.

Anime Otaku

Watched Star Trek last night. Really good movie. I didn't realise it was possible for "Live long and prosper" to be made to sound like a 2 hour expletive filled diatribe about someone's parentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.