• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Great American Bash Discussion Thread - 22nd July 2007

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
RAW, SmackDown!, & ECW Present:
The
Great
American
Bash
LIVE, July 22'nd from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA

Confirmed Matches​

WWE Championship:
John Cena (c) Vs. Bobby Lashley

World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat:
The Great Khali (c) Vs. Kane Vs. Batista

ECW World Championship: Vengeance Rematch:
John Morrison (c) Vs. CM Punk

Texas Bullrope Match:
Dusty Rhodes Vs. Randy Orton

Intercontinental Championship:
Umaga (c) Vs. Jeff Hardy

United States Championship:
MVP (c) Vs. Matt Hardy

Singapore Cane Match:
Carlito Vs. Sandman

Women's Championship: Vengeance Rematch:
Candice (c) Vs. Melina

Cruiserweight Championship: Cruiserweight Open:
Chavo Guerrero (c) Vs. Jimmy Wang Yang Vs. Funaki Vs. Jamie Noble Vs. Shannon Moore

Last edited:

DC

Ratings
539 2
Should the matches announced on this week's tv shows be classed as spoilers?

JC

Ratings
Looks a bit 'made up at the last second' to be honest.

Lashley Vs Cena should be ok provided Cena wins.

Punk Vs Nitro will be surprisingly MOTN unless there's a major disaster.

Dave7g

Ratings
Are you seriously telling me these are the matches that people are expected to pay money to see?

WWE Championship:

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge (c) Vs. Kane

ECW World Championship:
Johnny Nitro (c) Vs. CM Punk

Batista Vs. The Great Khali

Victoria Vs. Torrie Wilson

Yeah right, come on now.

Ratings
Are you seriously telling me these are the matches that people are expected to pay money to see?

WWE Championship:

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge (c) Vs. Kane

ECW World Championship:
Johnny Nitro (c) Vs. CM Punk

Batista Vs. The Great Khali

Victoria Vs. Torrie Wilson

Yeah right, come on now.
So thats another WWE PPV your crapping on a whole 3 weeks before it even takes place!

And please note Dave....if your in the UK its all free for you on Sky Sports 1 or 401 on your digital set top box :thumbup2:

dpddave

talent spotter
Subscriber
Ratings
Its a good job its free aswel,because theres noway id pay for that,not after spending money on vengenace.

Nimf

Subscriber
Ratings
I just don't get how people can say something is going to be bad before seeing it-who knows, the matches might surprise you! But if you don't give it a go, you'll never know...

DraVen

Ratings
Lashley/Cena will be great.

Tista/Khali not so much.

Punk/Nitro will suck because Nitro isn't a miracle worker.

Edge/Kane.. could be ok, actually.

Dave7g

Ratings
So thats another WWE PPV your crapping on a whole 3 weeks before it even takes place!

And please note Dave....if your in the UK its all free for you on Sky Sports 1 or 401 on your digital set top box :thumbup2:
Yes, I can confidently say that a ppv featuring Kane, Lashley, The Great Khali and Batista will stink. Or maybe you are right the incredible entertainment for casual fans (who don't buy ppv's) Victoria vs Torrie Wilson might save the show, then again...

Oh and I don't live in the UK.

JC

Ratings
Lashley/Cena will be great.

Tista/Khali not so much.

Punk/Nitro will suck because Nitro isn't a miracle worker.

Edge/Kane.. could be ok, actually.

:lol: As if in any lifetime Nitro is anywhere near Punk's level. You will literally have a go at Punk for anything it seems.

Fair enough mind; I just think there must be a limit to your hatred of Phil Brooks..clearly not.

Ratings
I would write off every PPV for the next 5 years then...because Cena and Lashley are going to be main event stars pushed the most....

Or you could predict there going to be crap as always....watch the PPV as always, and then whinge about it as always....

You know as well as I do that Lashley, Cena and Batista are going to be around for some time yet, So I cant see the great problem...of course a PPV is going to have one of the three in it, probably all three in one show....So again I dont see the great problem....

Dave7g

Ratings
You haven't looked at their opponents then have you? Edge is probably the top man right now for carrying opponents to decency. Batista isn't with Edge, look at who he will be facing. Lashley vs Cena is completley dead to me, the two guys I don't care at all about, and judging by LIVE TV reactions, I'm not the only one as far as Lashley goes. So what's left? The unbelievably boring, bland, phoning it in, hasn't had a good match in 5 years, Kane.

Now Sir, I suggest that this is why the show will be hugely missable, and not because Cena, Lashley and Batista are on the show, more to do with the abysmal pairings they are being given. Here's a way to make the show 1,000 better in a matter of seconds.

Edge vs MVP
Flair vs Finlay
Cena vs Kennedy/Orton or King Booker
Lashley vs OVW for 6 more months
Batista vs 14 midgets carrying pitchforks in a loser loses their steroids match.

Ratings
Lashley v Cena sells this PPV for me. Its a match I expected them to keep for Summerslam, Survivor Series or even Mania. The rest of the card doesnt appeal much. Edge always puts on an enjoyable match and Im sure his match with Kane will be decent and Punk v Nitro should be ok.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
I got a challenge for anyone who wants to take it:

Can someone tell me, without posting spoilers, how Kane got from feuding with MVP for the U.S. Title to feuding with Edge for the World Title?

bigmatt

Forum Leader
Subscriber
Ratings
Kane is a good main eventer but has been handled badly for years.

Edge is a class act that could carry the show.

I also dont understand the reason for cena v lashley now but they should put on a good match.

nitro/punk will be entertaining, but ECW need someone else involved in the world title picture with more experience.

As for the kane-MVP (U.S title)- Edge (World title) more armory for the smackdown creative team doubters.

Rog

Ratings
Losing that weeks worth of PPV build has clearly affected the card. Good things its free.