Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The good, the bad, and the ugly of pet ownership

Ratings
I love my pets. Truly. I just want to sleep later than 5:00 a.m. for a change. I miss sleeping without an animal attached to me and taking a shower without "help".

Zack T

Ratings
71 1
I love pets, but I haven't had my own in years. I don't miss the responsibility, nor pet deposits or ongoing financial commitment.

Hal

Ratings
I miss...taking a shower without "help".
Okay, I'm really curious about this. What kind of pet do you have that actually wants to be anywhere near the shower? I've only owned cats and dogs but they never had any interest in being anywhere near the shower when it's on. My dog never even goes in the bathroom (not since his first bath there). I did have one cat who liked to be around if someone was taking a bath. I still have no idea why. Nala was a strange cat.

Anyway:

The Good: I feel like this is obvious. They're great companions, entertaining, awesome, etc.
The Bad: Unless your pet is going with you, you can't make any spontaneous trips. Each time you leave the house, you have to feel the guilt as they watch you leave with extreme sadness in their eyes.
The Ugly: Once you have your first pet, you'll start judging people based on whether or not they like that animal. You'll think it tells you a lot about who they are as a person.

Ratings
Okay, I'm really curious about this. What kind of pet do you have that actually wants to be anywhere near the shower? I've only owned cats and dogs but they never had any interest in being anywhere near the shower when it's on. My dog never even goes in the bathroom (not since his first bath there). I did have one cat who liked to be around if someone was taking a bath. I still have no idea why. Nala was a strange cat.

Anyway:

The Good: I feel like this is obvious. They're great companions, entertaining, awesome, etc.
The Bad: Unless your pet is going with you, you can't make any spontaneous trips. Each time you leave the house, you have to feel the guilt as they watch you leave with extreme sadness in their eyes.
The Ugly: Once you have your first pet, you'll start judging people based on whether or not they like that animal. You'll think it tells you a lot about who they are as a person.
My dog and cats love the shower. I have to watch them so they don’t get in