Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Genetics Of It All

TynBox

I just found an interesting article on the BBC news site about the genetics of native Africans who were sold into the slave trade. It pinpoints, to a degree, where most of the 12 and half million came from and where they went.

I think this is important history for African Americans/Europeans to delve into.

Steve King

I loved studying history because it helps in understanding the current trends of the population. Following this new development, a documentary would tell the story in an even better way. As the article mentions, The Black Lives Matter movement has brought to light the damaging legacy of slavery.

Dust and Rust

I understand why BLM is doing what they're doing, but they need to take it steps further. What can you learn from it? Don't just ask for reparations to make you feel better, learn why it happened so you can take steps to prevent it from happening again. (Not you personally, Steve LOL)

That genealogy map might be a good place to start.