Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The future of gaming

coleman

The gaming industry has a come a long way, from the 2D games to complex shooters like Battlefield 3. Is it right to believe that the future of gaming will owe a lot to the resurgence of virtual reality? We can already see that secondary screens are starting to become popular!

Classified

I believe VR will continue to make inroads here. I think AI will play a part as well in the future. This is a multi-billion dollar industry that is VERY competitive. They have the money and the desire to continue to improve, and they will do just that. In my opinion.

Zack T

VR eventually will be huge, but only when the experience is more polished. It's a bit obstructive having to wear special glasses and use special controllers for it. When it comes to nearly simulating a holodeck type of experience, then I'll be all about it.

jack25

That's very true @Zack T but then how soon will we get these controllers? There is a chance that we may be stuck with the special glasses for a while longer. I see AI gaining a foothold in the gaming scene.