Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The First British Wrestling Show You Attended?

Devilish Angel

My first UK show was a British Wrestling Federation one in Aylesbury back in 2000, after years of attending WWE/WCW shows, I noticed a competition in the local paper, thinking I had no chance of winning I entered and I won.

I can remember how shocked I was at seeing how different British wrestling is to the American stuff that I was used to at the time (no ring barriers, pyros etc), but at the same time I was surprised at how much more the British wrestlers interacted with the fans (which is one aspect of British wrestling that I love).

All I can remember wrestler wise from the show was Drew McDonald, Spinner McKenzie, and maybe Marty Jones (if only I had made a list of the matches like I do today).

So what was the first British wrestling show you attended? Note that I mean UK promotions not WWE :p

Saz

Quite sadly, the first one I attended was the first one I was in at KSW back in 2004.

I watched every match through a hole in the curtain as I was interested in how a match was done back then (obviously), but I was never interested in going to any wrestling event until I became a wrestler.

But then again I was always "Why watch it when I can do it myself" sort of person.

Though I was too fat for skateboarding... Could never do a trickflip etc.

Saz

DraVen

FCW No Holds Barred in Great Barr, either 2004 or 2005. I remember it well - I even named the show :D

Ronin

oh no this is where i show how old i am.
i remember a show at the swan yardley with lord bertie topham.
rhyl - with kunkg fu
i have seen big daddy, wild man from borneo, haystackss and kendo when the circuits was really up and running.
tis was when a gimmick match was a tag.

tazz xtreme

i think this shows my age as well!! i was lucky enough to see the great dynamite kid wrestle at my local town hall. cant recall the year but i think it weas 1976. just as a side note i also saw dave fit finlay at about the same time. he used to come down to the ring with his wife paula. still its better than having a midget under the ring.:lol: