Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Cheltenham Festival 2015

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Less than a week to go then, who's on what?!

Post your plays, lays and each way's in here!

I've got all my lines on, I'm not depositing another penny! If I get a winner or two early, I might reinvest a little, but I've already spent my budget and I won't be going over it! I can't afford to! :lol:

So my book looks like this:

Supreme Novices Hurdle: Douvan
The Arkle: Un De Sceaux
Champion Hurdle: Faugheen
OLBG Mares Hurdle: Annie Power

2 point yankee, 3 point acca.

The Arkle: Un De Sceaux
OLBG Mares Hurdle: Annie Power

5 point Trixie

Triumph Hurdle: Devilment (@33's now 16's-20's)
Supreme Novices Hurdle: Qewy

1 point each way singles and 1 point each way double

Neptune Novice Hurdle: Parlour Games
RSA Chase: Don Poli
Queen Mother Champion Chase: Sire De Grugy
Ryanair Chase: Don Cossack
Cheltenham Gold Cup: Silvinaco Conti

10 point win singles

Ryanair Chase: Don Cossack
RSA Chase: Don Poli

5 point double

Cheltenham Gold Cup: Silviniaco Conti

5 point double

Queen Mother Champion Chase: Sire De Grugy and Sprinter Sacre
World Hurdle: Saphir De Reu and Lieutenant Colonel
Cheltenham Gold Cup: Silviniaco Conti and Road to Riches

1 point doubles (12)
1 point trebles (8)

World Hurdle: Saphir De Reu
Cheltenham Gold Cup: Silviniaco Conti

2 point each way acca.

I haven't yet had a play in the JLT Novices Chase, the Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle, the Champion Bumper or the National Hunt Chase. I'm still unsure what I fancy in these races, so I'll wait and see how I feel on the day. Hopefully there should be some winnings available after day one for those races! I'm putting all my eggs in a rather large Willie Mullins shaped basket on day one. Three out of the four hot pots would probably be a good result, all four and I'll be laughing.

And an in line with my new 2015 punting philosophy (which I would have done well to stick to today instead of squandering cash on sh*te) I haven't had a single bet in any of the handicap races, which are to be blunt, brick shit.

King

Forum Leader
I'm going to be in Cardiff for the Wales vs Ireland game and we are seriously thinking about going to the Gold Cup.Cheltenham is a layers festival I think and E/W bets is the only way to go.

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Famous last words I know, but I've never been more confident in my selections going into a festival. I can't see anything other than a Mullins donination on day one, which would stand me in a good place for the rest of the week. As ever with Cheltenham though, if I get to tea time on Friday breaking even I'd probably take it!

Had a good year last year, so nearly a great one had Annie Power hung on for the World Hurdle, so I'm hopeful of going even better this year.

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Pretty much broke even for the week, maybe marginally up, but plenty of seconds and near misses. Was a week of what could have been. My workmate was up 2k, dick :lol:

King

Forum Leader
I had a few winners alright, nothing to brag about but I think next years GC in going to be awesome.

King

Forum Leader
Pretty much broke even for the week, maybe marginally up, but plenty of seconds and near misses. Was a week of what could have been. My workmate was up 2k, dick :lol:
I think Annie Power ruined it for everyone, loads had the Quad going on Day 1.