• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The Brexit debate

Ratings
Every time I try to wrap my head around the idea of Britain leaving the EU, it gets more confusing. For instance, it is possible for Brexit to be cancelled but with a change of law, something no one wants at this point. I guess Theresa May's resignation even complicates matters the more. Which way Britain?

Ratings
Politics, who can understand it? Even politicians don't even know what they stand for because they are easily persuaded by little things. Whichever Britain will take, I think the country's economy can support its own without the help of other European countries.

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
I'm an American and while I try to stay up to date with politics in a somewhat casual sense, I've never read enough about Brexit to really understand what the hell is going on. I'm still not totally clear on why people wanted to leave the EU in the first place (Something about trade?) and watching it sort of limp along over the last couple of years hasn't really cleared up any question of what will happen. Will Brexit happen, will it be canceled?

I'm leaning towards canceled, if only because they can't agree on a plan to do it, so maybe it won't get done at all. I know No Deal Brexit is a thing that could happen too, but I really hope it won't. It sounds like it'd be a bad time for everyone.

Ratings
@Zack T, it even gets more confusing when we try to question what the motive was, in the first place. On the other hand, more and more Britons are starting to feel like a second referendum is inevitable. Whichever option is viable and desirable is up to the UK to decide, and the challenge has been in getting majority support in Parliament.

Ratings
I also don't have a clear clue on what is going on with Brexit. I watched a film about this issue and I don't know whether the film is based on truth or just fiction.