Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPIB

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania will come to you, live on pay-per-view, from the Reliant Stadium in Houston, TX on April 5, 2009.

The official theme songs for the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania are "Shoot To Thrill" and "War Machine" by AC/DC and "So Hott" by Kid Rock.

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship:
Triple H (c) Vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat:
Edge (c) Vs. John Cena Vs. Big Show

The Streak Vs. The Showstopper:
The Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels

Extreme Rules:
Matt Hardy Vs. Jeff Hardy

Money-In-The-Bank Ladder Match:
CM Punk Vs. Kane Vs. Mark Henry Vs. MVP Vs. Shelton Benjamin Vs. Kofi Kingston Vs. Christian Vs. Finlay

World Tag Team & WWE Tag Team Title Unification Match:
The Miz & John Morrison Vs. Primo & Carlito

3-on-1 Handicap Match:
Chris Jericho Vs. The Legends (with Ric Flair)

Intercontinental Championship:
John "Bradshaw" Layfield (c) Vs. Rey Mysterio

25-Diva Battle Royal featuring Current & Former WWE Divas

Kid Rock & Lead Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger To Perform

Qualifying Matches for the Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match

RAW: February 23
CM Punk defeats The Miz & John Morrison in a Triple Threat Match by pinning John Morrison following the GTS.

RAW: March 2
Kane defeats Rey Mysterio & Mike Knox in a Triple Threat Match by pinning Mike Knox following the Chokeslam.

ECW: March 3
Mark Henry defeats Santino Marella by pin following the World's Strongest Slam.

SmackDown: March 6
MVP defeats Matt Hardy by roll-up.

SmackDown: March 6
Shelton Benjamin defeats Jeff Hardy by DQ when Matt Hardy attacked Jeff Hardy.

RAW: March 9
Kofi Kingston defeats Chris Jericho by pin following Trouble in Paradise following a distraction by Ric Flair.

ECW: March 10
Christian wins a Tri-Branded Battle Royal by eliminating Chavo Guerrero.

SmackDown: March 13
Finlay defeats The Brian Kendrick by pin following the Celtic Cross.

Last edited:

DraVen

AC/DC better be performing at this thing. I might not watch if they don't because I really don't feel so inspired by Mania just yet.

Jimmy Redman

Since when is Trish rumoured to be there. Is it an actual credible rumour, if that makes sense?

Trish/Beth would indeed rule the entire world though. Needs to happen.

Nemesis Enforcer

AC/DC better be performing at this thing. I might not watch if they don't because I really don't feel so inspired by Mania just yet.
From what I have read they will be there and singing Live (possibly War Machine)

WWE will be using 2 of their songs for Mania one the official song and the other for them to sing Live at the event

Nemesis Enforcer

Thats what my Mum asked. I was born on March 31st 1985, which was the first ever WM, and she was confused why I'll be 24 this year, but this will be the 25th Wrestlemania :lol:
It's because 1985 was Wrestlemania I (and so 1986 was Wrestlemania II) where as you weren't classed as 1 year old until your birthday in 1986 making you 24 and Mania 25 :D

Shane O Mac

It's because 1985 was Wrestlemania I (and so 1986 was Wrestlemania II) where as you weren't classed as 1 year old until your birthday in 1986 making you 24 and Mania 25 :D
I tried explaining that to her and she said she "got it" but I really don't think she does :lol: This was the other day and if I asked her now she'd probably have no clue :lol:

DC

From what I have read they will be there and singing Live (possibly War Machine)
The first thing I thought of was "that's a KISS song; surely they wouldn't do a cover"... but then I realised that AC/DC (after a quick search) did a different track with the same name.

I briefly (very briefly) had my hopes up for Tazz having a quick nostalgia match at the show. :lol:

DC

Big Show/Undertaker, didn't we see that alot lately?? geese
We sure have. I doubt that will be Undertaker's match at Wrestlemania (Show seems to be having more trouble with Triple H at the moment) and I've read rumours that Umaga will be 'Taker's opponent at 'Mania.

DC

It may be, I only read that Umaga could be his opponent (it was, I believe, in Powerslam).

Cathal

It looks like they're building towards HBK vs. JBL at Mania although the tease they did at the Rumble with Undertaker put a bit of doubt in people's minds.

Nemesis Enforcer

According to what Meltzer has been told this is the current plans

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that there are several matches tentatively scheduled for Wrestlemania 25 right now, although plans could change at any time. At this point, it looks likely we will be seeing either an HBK vs Undertaker or HBK vs JBL match. Also, Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy seems to be in the works for the big event. Edge vs Triple H for the WWE title is most likely to make the card, which leaves the World Heavyweight Championship match the most unpredictable at this point. Most would think Randy Orton vs John Cena is a lock, however that leaves out Chris Jericho and at this point plans seem to have fallen through to have him wrestle Mickey Rourke. As far as the ECW title is concerned, it seems as if the company is heading toward a Jack Swagger vs Tommy Dreamer match at Wrestlemania, but considering the way creative has consistently snubbed Dreamer, I doubt the feud will make it that far.

Phil

wow, Edge vs HHH, I can't wait.:rolleyes2:

If he is in the title match, this would be his 6th title match in a row at Mania!

ScottyB

He wasn't in WM23's title matches.
And since retaining at WM19, he hasn't won any of the other matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.