• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Television Script Writers

Ratings
Does anyone here write television shows? Or have a desire to do so? If either is the case, what's your story?

I would just like to know about show ideas that are either in the making or being thought of.

Ratings
I don't write any, but I can see the fun it that. Thinking up ways of entertaining people sounds like a neat way of making money. Like a modern version of Little House On The Prairie for example. That could go in so many different directions.

Ratings
Being a script writer doesn't sound very fun to me at all. lt seems like technical writing to me because of the way it has to be written.

As for movie ideas? How about a realistic and practical portrayal of how, exactly, peace on earth can be made real?

Ratings
I always think of the show 30 Rock when I think of TV writers. It seems like a job that can be fun since you and team can brainstorm and work out new plots on the spot. It also seems really stressful because of all the deadlines and pressure to not challenge what the director, producer, or station executives want.