Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Televangelist Jim Bakker selling fake coronavirus cure

ShadowEdge

The infamous televangelist Jim Bakker was just warned by the FDA and FTC for selling a fake cure for the coronavirus. He's now facing a lawsuit brought by the State of Missouri (where Jim Bakker lives and where his show is produced so Missouri has jurisdiction.) It turns out that his Silver Sol isn't such a cure-all after all. Is anyone surprised that he's still scamming the public?

Crompy

Not at all! To be honest, I thought he was dead. Haven't heard anything about or from him on TV in a while. With this mass hysteria in the states, I'm sure a lot of people would have tried it.

Poppy

I thought he was hawking survival goods on late night infomercials. I guess he switched it up. Once a scammer, always a scammer, I guess.

@Crompy, maybe you're thinking of Tammy Faye Bakker. She and her disgraced husband served time for their crimes. Tammy divorced him and married Roe Messner, the contractor who built Heritage USA. She passed away from cancer in 2007.