Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Tear Jerkers

Kira

Do you know what a Tear Jerker is? It's a movie that is so sad or moving that you can't help but cry. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a tear jerker? I always try to watch one when I need a good cry.

Laffy

Wales forever!!!
a Walk to Remember, Inn of the Sixth Happiness, The Green Mile, Pay it Forward, Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams and ET. always make me cry. Every time I watch them still cry.

Films I can’t watch as they are not so much tearjerkers but I can not get through without crying is Marley and Me and any Lassie film.

toomuchtv

I really like the Green Mile. The actors in this film really show emotions that one would not normally think would be in a prison death row movie. If you have not seen it, you really must! This will bring you to tears!

DC

Armageddon... and I'm not even joking. "THAT IS MY FATHER UP THERE" and "That man's not a salesman. That's your daddy" get me every time.

More traditionally, Sweet November.

deathlock

Armageddon... and I'm not even joking. "THAT IS MY FATHER UP THERE" and "That man's not a salesman. That's your daddy" get me every time.
YES! On paper, it's a standard sad scene. On the screen, probably elevated by the actors' execution on the tension of the situation, it explodes with feelings. Suddenly your sight becomes blurry and your cheek is wet.

The Guardian evokes similar feelings in me with less intensity.

Kira

I remember Dead Poets Society and Patch Adams. They really are good movies. I also remembered Mr. Holland's Opus after I asked the original question. Have any of you seen that one?

Laffy

Wales forever!!!
I love Mr.Hollands Opus the ending gets me every time. Music from the heart and Awakenings are also great.

Kira

I just saw Wonder this past Monday and it could almost qualify for a tear jerker. It was sooooo good. Really kept my attention and is a great story. I understand it is based on a true story.

TalksAlot

Yes, there are some very sad movies out there but unfortunately, I don't seem to be able cry for anyone in a movie. There are so many sad occurrences in our world today, it just doesn't do it for me anymore.