Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Tamina undergoes shoulder surgery

TPIB

Ratings
SmackDown LIVE Superstar Tamina underwent surgery for a right shoulder supraspinatus (rotator cuff) tear on January 31, but the news was made public in a post on Instagram by Tamina herself yesterday.

The surgery took place at the University of Miami Sports Medicine Institute, the medicine provider for the Miami Hurricanes and Miami Marlins, and it was performed by orthopedic surgeon Dr. Lee Kaplan.

“One week post surgery and I’m feeling great. Thanks to Dr. Kaplan and his great team for fixing me up…AGAIN,” Tamina wrote. Tamina thanked WWE and thanked her fans for their support. “I’m anxious to get back!”
WWE.com has also confirmed the injury and surgery. It's interesting to me how some injuries are reported on immediately by WWE.com while others, like this one, are not mentioned until way after the fact. It kind of shows you who WWE values the most.

The Icon

Ratings
It was actually reported at the time she was injured the weekend of the royal rumble by news sites. WWE however didn't mention. Hence her quick job in said Rumble.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
It could also be how important they are to current storylines...if it's someone who's currently involved in a feud/angle they'll more likely cover it to explain why they're not appearing anymore. Whereas Tamina isn't really doing much, if ever :)