Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Talk Wrestling Online Community Awards 2004: The Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Below are the winners of the annual Talk Wrestling Online Community Awards for 2004:

The Winners

Best Forum Member of the Year 2004:

The Crippler (For a 3rd time!)

Best Chatroom Member of the Year 2004:
Russ

Best Chatroom Moderator of the Year 2004:
Russ + Taki

Best Forum Leader of the Year 2004:
Chris2k (For a 2nd time!)

Best Forum Newcomer of the Year 2004:
Darkstar + WWFBeltMark

Funniest Forum Member of the Year 2004:
Russ (For a 3rd time!)

Most Controversial Forum Member of the Year 2004:
Bob Greenberg

Best Thread of the Year 2004:
I love (or hate) Triple H (Started by Mr_Showtime02)

Most Controversial Thread of the Year 2004:
Re: Ravenmark/Manonthemoon/TonyClifton (Started by Kam/DraVen)

Best Signature of the Year 2004:
Peoples Eyebrow [View]

Best Avatar of the Year 2004:
Russ (Gene "It wasnt my fault" Snitsky )+ Jayden ("I poke Badgers with Spoons")

Best Other Forum of the Year 2004:
General Chat Forum

Best Wrestling Forum of the Year 2004:
US Scene Forum

Talk Wrestling Online Hall of Fame Entry 2004:
Pabster

Pabster finally makes it to the TWO Hall of Fame to join K.J and Dan! Pabster otherwise known as Mr Positive at TWO has been apart of the community for over four years now! He was the first member to become a moderator on the old TWO Forums and is currently the co-admin on the forums as well as the TWO Community Rep. He has contributed so much to the community whether it was in his role as the former TWO Newsletter editor, Wrestling 101 contributor or just as a valued forum member! So welcome to the Hall of Fame Pabster!

:worship:

Chris2K

Thanks for voting me Best Forum Leader again. I really didn't expect to win it this year, as I had very strong competition, but I guess I must be doing something right by you guys, so thanks a lot :).

Also, thanks for voting the US Forum as Best Wrestling Forum. Now I can laugh in Gringo's face with an official title :p.

And of course, congratulations to Pabby. Possibly the most deserved thing ever done at TWO :).

DraVen

Congratulations to all who won and for Pabster who definately deserves his place in the hall of fame. Just Russ, Cripp and Inno to go now :)

And muchos happiness for me - Most Controversial Thread award for the second time - can't believe I have to share with Kam for crying out loud - all he did was post it :p

But congratulations once again to all.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Congratulations to all the winners :thumbup2:

Paul

Well done all!

And well done me! lol, I can live with sharing with Beltmark

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Well done eveyone, I think everyone who won very much deserves the awards for all their hard work and effort they put into TWO & W101.

Big Well Done to Pab, who very much deserves his Hall of Fame entry, probably the most friendly person at TWO!

The Beltster

I knew my constant pissing, moaning, opinionated attitude and overall Hogan marky-ness would get me over! ;)

Last edited:

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
Well done to everyone... except Bob Greenburg...

But espically to Pabster, he made me feel welcome from the off and helped me out a great deal to start off with... Plus he made the TWO Newsletter an institution and a thing of greatness...

It was an honour to be nominated... and see, I told you I wouldn't win! :lol:

Popsi

Many Congrats to all the winners, especially to Pabby! He really is a fab member of TWO and such a lovely person!

Congrats all!

Jack

Im dissapointed I didnt get Most Controversial. I didnt know banned members could get awards. If I did, I know Bob would have had my vote for funniest and he would of run away with that award no problem.

Colin

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Jack said:
Im dissapointed I didnt get Most Controversial. I didnt know banned members could get awards. If I did, I know Bob would have had my vote for funniest and he would of run away with that award no problem.
You can win with one vote?

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
I knew I would lose to Russ...!

Good job pal! See ya next year!

Jack

Colin said:
You can win with one vote?
I meant nomination.

And Id be suprised if Bob didnt get all votes in the comedy awards, if he was there.

The Crippler

Wow. Three years in a row. That's really great. I'm surprised I won. I thought Jayden or one of the RX guys might have got it. Jayden was hard done by, I think. Anyway, big thank you to those who first nominated me then voted for me and cheers anyway to those who voted for someone else and to those who didn't get a nomination. Awards are nice and all but it is important to remember that there are tons of people on these boards that make TWO a really good place to come to.

Big congratulations to Russ and Pabster. Russ has got a whole heap of awards there. All well deserved and I can't think of anyone better than Pabster to go into the Hall of Fame.

Well done to the other winners and just generally well done to everyone at TWO, especially Kam for making this year a good year. Getting bigger and better every year. :)

Simon

I don't think enough people realise that Most Controversial generally isn't an award that you want to get... it was originally meant to be "Village Idiot" after all.

When Ed received it last year... it certainly wasn't a compliment. Though I think its a bit insulting to Ed even to compare him to Bob Greenberg.

Congratulations to everyone who won, I think the right people definitely won the awards this year. Nice one.

Particular congrats to the joint best newcomers, definitely the right choices made there. Well in lads.

Anime Otaku

bah i wasn't even npminated anyway :(
am i not contriversial without ever getting banned?

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I'm glad, but very surprised that I managed to do so well in these awards. Seeing as how I had to share two joint awards, officially, how many TWOsies did I win? 2? 3? 4? It doesn't matter, but I'm more than happy to split my awards with Taki and Jayden. All we need to decide is who gets the "TV" and who gets the "VO". See, with humour like that, it's not surprising that I'm your funniest member. :)

Anyway, thanks to everyone who nominated and voted for me, and comiserations to everyone who missed out, some people were really unlucky. I don't know which award I like the most. I was pleased to do the chatroom double, because I consider the chatrooms to be TWO's biggest selling point. There are hundreds of decent forums online, but very few good quality places to chat. TWO has that, and to be called the best member and the joint-best mod is really nice. I can't help but feel that Devilish Angel deserved the Best Chatter award much more than me, she's consistently a great asset to the room. Maybe if a few people visited the chatroom more, I'd have one less TWOsie, because it's a bit dodgy asking the forum members to decide the best person in the chatroom. As for the Mod award, I could have chosen a better person to share the award with, Taki has done a really good job in a tough time for her, so I'm glad she's getting recognition.

Then again, maybe I like my best avatar award the most. It's a testiment to how great TWO is when I can type "Snitsky" into a Google imagine search and win an award for that. Funnily enough, Keith Would also has the same avatar as me, and to be fair to the guy, he did PM me first asking if it was OK if we both used the same one. What makes my avatar better than his? :)

But hey, if I'm honest, I'd probably say that the Funniest Member award was a complete shock. Last year I kinda expected it, but I still had my doubts. This year I seriously thought I had no chance, and AC would walk away with it. I though most people would pick the funniest member by seeing who has contributed the most to the Humour forum, which I've barely posted in. AC has been consistently putting up his hilarious Photoshop graphics and winning praise from everyone, so I would have bet good money on AC1D taking this award. Somehow though, people have voted for me, and I appreciate it. I personally voted for Colin, due to the fact that his use of sarcasm and ability to mock another person's point of view is second to none, when the situation calls for it. Maybe if a few people had access to a hidden forum where a lot of his funniest stuff took place he'd have won, although it's hidden for a reason, despite the best efforts of another forum. ;) But hey, if we learned anything from Brazilian football, it's that if you win an award three times you get to keep it. I therefore demand that the Funniest Member award be renamed The Russ Award For Outstanding Achievement In The Field Of Comedy. If it doesn't appear as that in the 2005 awards, I'll be very disapointed.

As for every other award, well done to the winners. Crippler will be happy to show off his prize for having the best member at TWO, although I have no idea how Kam judged it. Size? Girth? Technique? As for Pabster's HOF induction, I've been calling it for months. The guy was a certainty to get in, because he's had such a huge influence on the site, from his outstanding work in his Chat/Forum moderator roles to keeping the peace as the Community Rep, while still managing to put together a great newsletter, which I doubt the new team will manage to beat, unless they hire me and pay me 50p per word per column.

A little suggestion by the way, about the Most Controversial/Village Idiot award for 2005. How about we get rid of the negative stigma attatched to it and change it to the Best Debator award? It could be given to the person who sticks to his views, cites evidence and presents the best case for his side in every post. Along the same lines, Most Controversial Thread could become Best Debate, where the prize is given to the two people who argued a strong case against each other, while keeping within the rules. Under the current structure, it's rewarding people who break the rules. If you cause trouble, you'll stick in people's minds and you're likely to get nominated for an award. The Oscars doesn't honour the worst actor/movie, it honours the best. Obviously I'm not comparing the TWOsies to The Oscars, our awards are far better, but it's certainly something to think about, and I'd rather see people given awards for keeping within the rules and making a name for themselves, rather than being infamous for being an arse, which is basically why Bob won. Oh, and my suggestion also allows a lot of potential for "I'm The Master Debator!" jokes.

Anyway, once again, thanks to everyone who found me chatty/moddy/funny/Snitsky.

DraVen

Thing is, Most Controversial thread doesn't follow the controversial poster route. Whilst Greenberg has very negative stigma attatched to him, anyone who read the Ravenmark thread knew it was negative towards someone else, and the thread itself was actually well-written and put together (by yours truly :p). So it's an awkward one. But I do think we should possibly rid of the 'VI' award.

Status
Not open for further replies.