• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SummerSlam Discussion Thread - 26th August 2007

Ratings

Live on PPV from the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey​

WWE Championship:
John Cena (c) Vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship:
The Great Khali (c) Vs. Batista

ECW Championship:
John Morrison (c) Vs. CM Punk

King Vs. King Match:
Triple H Vs. King Booker

Chavo Guerrerro Vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Intercontinental Championship:
Umaga (c) Vs. Carlito Vs. Mr. Kennedy

WWE Tag Team Championship:
Cade/Murdoch (c) Vs. Cryme Tyme

Diva Battle Royal: Winner receives a future WWE Women's Title shot

Kane Vs. Finlay

-----------------------------------------------------------

With the possible addition of the returning Rey Mysterio, another Punk/Morrison match, Lashley, MVP, and more this looks to be looking to be a great PPV.

Already it's a definite buy for me.

Last edited:
Ratings
sucks that Jackass are out, but Umaga vs Jeff makes up for it, and Omar is right, we haven't had to wait 5 weeks for a PPV in ages, it's nice that this PPV is actually being given time to come together instead of rushed together like the others

and i fancy an Orton victory here, PLEASE! i've waited 10 months for it!

Clarkey

Ratings
With that talk that Jeff was possibly getting a 'Jackass' gimmick not that long ago, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could be taking on Umaga on behalf of the Jackass bunch. Some skits over the next five weeks with Jeff and the Jackasse's, it could be fun enough. Not that the match needs their involvement, I am sure we will be getting it anyways.

Ratings
With that talk that Jeff was possibly getting a 'Jackass' gimmick not that long ago, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could be taking on Umaga on behalf of the Jackass bunch. Some skits over the next five weeks with Jeff and the Jackasse's, it could be fun enough. Not that the match needs their involvement, I am sure we will be getting it anyways.
The Jackass involvement in SummerSlam practically eliminated.

PWInsider.com reported Monday that WWE's plan to feature the cast of Jackass in a match at Summerslam has fallen through.

When reports of WWE's plan to run the Jackass storyline first broke, the belief was that the cast would appear in three matches on the Summerslam card. That was later changed to one, presumably involving Umaga.

Things began to look bleaker when Bam Margera pulled out due to an injury; Johnny Knoxville recently backed out as well, which prompted WWE to nix the angle.

The cast had distanced itself from WWE following the Benoit family tragedy—what was originally going to be an angle that featured several television and pay-per-view appearances, including some of the Jackass guys costing Umaga his title at the Great American Bash, was apparently greatly reduced, possibly to the one-time gig at Summerslam.

Now, if reports are true, not even that match will take place.

WWE had already begun advertising the Jackass crossover on its affiliate material for the Summerslam PPV.

Kanenite

Ratings
Already looking forward to Summerslam just from Cena vs Orton being confirmed. Should be a great match with some good build given a month which makes a change in recent times with there just being a few weeks. Jeff Hardy vs Umaga looks great aswell if it's anything like their GAB match. Plus Triple H returning aswell! Can't wait.

DraVen

Ratings
Oh yeah...
Cena took the RKO perfectly.

Also, as big a Cena fan as I am, it's time for Orton to get the title. Give him a decent run, let Cena take a well earned break for a month or two, let him come back for a midcard feud with someone (Booker?) and then let him win the Rumble and build him back up, hopefully with Orton as champion (a rematch with those two will be a must).

Chriscare

Ratings
Last nights was the one i was referring to, he took it like a tree falling. Cody took it well, Cena took it like the undertaker would, rather than a wrestler in his 20's

Jung

Ratings
Oh yeah...
Cena took the RKO perfectly.

Also, as big a Cena fan as I am, it's time for Orton to get the title. Give him a decent run, let Cena take a well earned break for a month or two, let him come back for a midcard feud with someone (Booker?) and then let him win the Rumble and build him back up, hopefully with Orton as champion (a rematch with those two will be a must).
Where would Triple H fit into all of that cause you just know he'll be involved in the Mania main event if he's around?

dpddave

talent spotter
Subscriber
Ratings
I thought cean took it well. Do yee think maybe Lashley will face snitsky at Summerslam now? There's no other major heels for him to face on Raw now is there..

Last edited:
Ratings
I'd have bought Summerslam anyway being the loose with my cash wrestling fan I am, but I will esspecially buy it now that Orton is facing Cena for the belt, this could finally see the end of Cena's reign and, as much as I never thought i'd say this, a well deserved Orton title reign

Not too interested in any other matches they may put together in the next 5 weeks, its that main event that is interesting me most

Ratings
Where would Triple H fit into all of that cause you just know he'll be involved in the Mania main event if he's around?
It will be Cena v HHH at Wrestlemania thats for sure....

I'm inclined to think that Randy will take the belt off Cena if not at Summerslam sometime in the near future, with Orton v Cena at the Rumble and Cena winning the title. Triple H will win the Rumble setting up the Wrestlemania 22 rematch....

Do yee think maybe Lashley will face snitsky as Summerslam now? There's no other major heels for him to face on Raw now is there..
Carlito?

Slim Jim

Ratings
That's what I thought, but they didn't really leave much of that feud left after the segment on Raw. It'd certainly be an unmatched fight.