• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Suggestions for helping a mate

Ratings
One of my mates has been feeling poorly. I'm not the best at cheering people up, I find it rather awkward, but I'm concerned. What do you reckon are some good things to say or do for someone you care about when they're not in the best spot?

Ratings
What about heading to the shop to pick up a favourite chocolate bar and dropping it off just because? Or what about bringing over some fancy teas and sitting down for a catch-up?

Ratings
Feeling poorly as in, they are sick, coming down with the flu? Or are they in a bad mental state? If it is the latter, I think this is very difficult to do. I think talking to someone, or just saying "if there is anything I can do for you, let me know" can mean more than you may think. Just let someone know you're there for them can mean more than anything else!

Ratings
At times, just being there for them is enough; you don't have be entirely good at cheering them up. It feels good to be at their side, every other time. You could as well dwell on the little things they like.