Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Standalone episodes?

Snarky-Guru

Which programmes do you enjoy that have standalone episodes? Those that tell the full story within one episode and that don't require you do have seen previous episodes to enjoy it.

Dust and Rust

The X-Files. There were always hints and shadows of the main alien theme, Mulders sister, etc., but the stories themselves stood well all by themselves. I miss that show.

Steve King

I often prefer those episodes that build a storyline from another one, though I wouldn't mind watching standalone episodes. Are there any that you can recommend, and did you ever watch Bosch?

DandyMandy

Black Mirror and The Twilight Zone are all that I can think of, but I’m sure that can't be it.
I often prefer those episodes that build a storyline from another one.
Try Killing Eve if you're into suspense. The Americans is another good one if you haven't seen it already and there're tons of episodes to binge.

jack25

In which category does Hawaii Five-O fall? It is my favorite series so far. Don't you find standalone episodes to be a bit predictable? I prefer watching episodes that build up from a previous storyline since it is easier to build up suspense in this way!