Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Sports Photographers

17 Below Zero

So what do you suppose sports photographers are up to these days? With the loss of so many opportunities to ply their trade, I have to wonder what other field they can get into that hasn't been effected by the Covid.

bosch5

There has been a massive disruption as a result, but I believe that as professionals, they have managed to stay afloat. Are they usually independent contractors?

KaliR

Hmmm. I don't know either. I mean with baseball going on now, they have to be there to take pictures. I bet they are able to collect unemployment.

scififan

I for one cannot see why a few photographers shouldn't be allowed in stadiums. There would be enough room for them to easily adhere to social distancing. How about this for an idea - a few rich folk could pay premium money for a ticket provided the money goes to a medical charity?

TynBox

Are they usually independent contractors?
It's probably a mix of them and those who work for the major players. Sports Illustrated, the major news organizations, etc....

The independent contractors might be doing better than their counterparts though.