Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Sports movies

didge

The beauty of such movies is that they not only tell a story but also emphasize on how the human spirit is capable of triumphing over adversity.

I enjoyed watching Miracle and Friday Night Lights. Nowadays producers and directors seem to be focusing on other genres. Do you have any favorite sports movie?

RegentLennox

I haven't watched any sports movies in a while. However, when I was a kid I repeatedly watched Goal! The Dream Begins. I also watched DodgeBall quite a number of times, if that counts.

Last edited:

didge

@RegentLennox it could be that times have changed or movies with sports themes no longer appeal to most people. Back then, it was exciting because everyone loved these them and one could almost tell how the ending would be like.

headrush

I really enjoyed Bend It Like Beckham and Happy Gilmore. A couple that I thought were well done but wouldn't see again (too tragic) are Million Dollar Baby and Senna.

Chuckyy

My favorite sports movie as a kid was A League of Their Own. I had it on VHS and I wore the tape out. I don't think I was ever into any other sports movies. Maybe Mighty Ducks?