Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Sports going virtual

Evelyn

Have you seen where some popular sports are trying to pivot towards competing and training virtually? I don't think that virtual training will prepare an athlete for actual field time unless they're also getting some hands-on experience. I think some virtual competitions could be interesting though. The Premier League is attempting to rally its clubs to participate in a virtual tournament of FIFA 20. Will the club athletes actually play the game, or will esports gamers take the controls while the club simply runs the promotion? Would you watch?

For some games, it's fine. I think it will keep spirits up for both the teams and the fans. I wouldn't want to see that all the time though.

Ogmore

From what I've seen the team players are at the controls not pro gamers. Otherwise, I reckon it would be no different than esports and wouldn't appeal to fans who follow the athletes as much as the clubs.

RandyW

I haven't seen any and to be honest I won't waste my time. I had a hard time watching bull riding this weekend without any fans in the stands. I watched a bit of the NFL draft and that wasn't the same.