Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Speakers or Headsets

Ratings
When playing your game, which sound system do you prefer? I have both. I use my speakers during the day and my headphones at night so that my neighbours won't complain. I prefer my speakers though, because my ear lobes tend to hurt when I use them for a long time.

Ratings
I like speakers mostly because it won't damage my eardrums. The cut-scenes of the game will be like watching a movie with the use of my speakers with full bass. The sound quality of the speakers is not the same as the headsets.

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
I prefer headphones. You gotta look at getting different headphones if you're experiencing earlobe pain - I've got that problem with certain headsets and with all earbud type of headphones if I wear them for more than 20 minutes. But I get nice big cushioned headphones and I can wear them all day long.

Plus occasionally I do voice-chat over games and it's much better to use headphones/headset than speakers because of feedback.

Ratings
I prefer headphones, but they have to be good quality. I pretty much wear headphones every day, so sound quality is important to me, but I have yet to find 'the one'. Currently I use a pair of fairly inexpensive headphones from Sony, and they're okay but I want a pair that really sings, so to speak. I've listened to a pair of Beats by Dre which seem to be and have been all the rage, but they really didn't impress me enough to spend the kind of money that they cost. I'm thinking maybe Bose headphones might be the way to go.

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
I agree, have to be good quality. Right now I use KOSS headphones, big comfy wrap around style. I like their quality. Beats by Dre are a ripoff, I've read about those before. They cost barely any money for them to make and they charge 200 bucks for them.

Bose would likely be badass though. But expensive :(

Ratings
I like Bose as well. I always try them whenever I had the chance to test them in the electronic stores. The price is also the one that deters me from buying it. I'm currently using an HP headphone and I'm not satisfied with its bass so I use my speaker instead.