• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

So many jobs.

Ratings
Anyone here work multiple jobs? I'm currently working three jobs - one full time and two part time. I'm just about on my deathbed. The payout sure is nice though!

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
Oh man that's nuts. Are you working so much because you need to, or because you want to make that much money for awhile?

I've never had 2 or more jobs simultaneously. The closest I've come to that was when I was a security guard for a temp agency. I had a regular full time posting at the local community college for 40 hours a week, but sometimes they'd also offer me brief 1 to 3 day side job security work.

Otherwise, I've never had 2 jobs. I donate plasma twice a week to make a little extra spending money. That brings in about 300 to 340 a month depending on the bonuses they give each month.

Bottom line is I'm just too lazy to work 2 jobs. I've certainly been in positions where I could've really used the extra income, but I value my free time too much.

Ratings
Here's hoping you'll get a break soon @Chuckyy . Personally, I love to work. I could work 'round the clock and be fulfilled. My girl is the same, so it works out. I have no kids though, and I'm sure I'd feel differently if I hated my job. At the moment, any form of productivity makes me happy.

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
I mean I do enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and productivity, but I don't want to be busy all the time. I'd much rather be off doing whatever non-work related things I want to do. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't.

Ratings
Years ago, I had three part-time jobs in college, but two of them were on campus so it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, it's still sometimes hard for people to find full-time work so they're left to cobble together enough hours out of two or three jobs. I've been pretty fortunate, but I still pick up extra contract work for limited periods. I think it helps me keep my resume fresh and I enjoy learning new things and challenging myself. Plus, since I'm salaried, I could work day and night for the company for the same pay, so it's just smarter to expand and work a bit here and there for more money on the side.

Ratings
I don't have 2 jobs, but it feels like I do. When the people who pay me ask me to do extra I never tell them no.

I just feel I have so much time to make up for all those years I was lazy when I was younger.

Ratings
I mean I do enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and productivity, but I don't want to be busy all the time. I'd much rather be off doing whatever non-work related things I want to do. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't.
The last time I had more than one job was about four years ago and much as the pay was good, I hardly time to relax. Right now, I value having enough sleep and having more time to engage in non-work related activities. Like you @Zack T, I value productivity and accomplishment but not at the expense of all other things.

Ratings
@Chuckyy that sounds like a lot to juggle. I hope things slow down for you soon. When I tried working more than one job before, I noticed that I spent more than I was making on little conveniences like getting take-away everyday and buying disposable plates and cutlery because I hadn't the time to clean anything. Society fetishsizes work, but sometimes it can be too much.

@Zack T I'm with you. If I didn't need to work, I would't.