Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SmackDown Discussion Thread - November 19, 2010 from Richmond, VA (#587)

TPIB

Venue
Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, VA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Survivor Series Showdown:
Rey Mysterio Vs. Alberto Del Rio

Big Show Vs. Tyler Reks

MVP Vs. Drew McIntyre

Kofi Kingston Vs. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

Jack Swagger Vs. Chris Masters

Final Build To Survivor Series

Last edited:

Sean Johnson

I chose to pay my rent instead of going to this show. I hope nothing good happens this week so I can feel justified.

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
pwinsider.com

WWE Friday Night SmackDown
Airing This Week

Alberto Del Rio opened the show with a promo, slamming the Legends and talking about beating Sergeant Slaughter Monday night. MVP came out to take up for the legends. Del Rio told MVP that the reason he likes the legends is that he'll never be one, while Del Rio already is one.. MVP challenged Del Rio to a match, but Del Rio said no, because MVP "couldn't handle him". Del Rio said that since MVP wants a fight, he can fight one of Del Rio's teammates on Sunday, Drew McIntyre. MVP beat McIntyre after hitting the Drive-By.

Edge had a backstage bit taunting Paul Bearer, who was still tied up and in the wheelchair. I couldn't hear what he was saying, though, because the audio isn't very good at the arena. After commercial, Kane tore up Teddy Long's office screaming "where is he?" I guess he thought that Teddy knew where Edge was keeping Paul Bearer.

Jack Swagger defeated Chris Masters with the anklelock in a short match. This was followed by another Edge-Paul Bearer vignette.

Kaval was in the ring, and Dolph Ziggler came out cutting a promo on him about all his "internet fans" think he's "special", but Dolph's going to show them that he's not. Kaval beat Dolph Ziggler in the match that followed, and then reminded Dolph that he was the season 2 NXT champion, and the champion got a championship match at a PPV of his choosing. He then announced he was going to face Dolph for the Intercontinental title at Survivor Series.

Cody Rhodes beat Kofi Kingston with the Cross Rhodes in what I thought was a pretty good match. This was followed by another Kane backstage bit trying to find Edge and Paul Bearer.

LayCool beat Kelly Kelly and Natalya after Layla pinned Natalya, followed by a backstage bit where Edge used Paul Bearer as bait to attack Kane and then drove off with Paul Bearer.

Big Show beat Tyler Reks with a chokeslam in pretty much a squash match.

Rey Mysterio beat Alberto Del Rio by DQ when the rest of Team Del Rio ran in to attack Rey. The rest of Team Mysterio made the save, then Teddy Long came out to announce a "Survivor Series Preview Battle Royal", since all 10 men in the match were already in the ring.

Eliminations in the battle royal:
Chris Masters eliminated Cody Rhodes
Tyler Reks eliminated Masters
Kofi eliminated Reks
Drew McInyre eliminated Kofi
Del Rio eliminated MVP
Big Show eliminated Drew
Rey eliminated Del Rio
Big Show (with an assist by Rey) eliminated Jack Swagger to win the match, then the two of them celebrated to go off the air!
Dark:

Caylen Croft beat Luke Gallows

The dark match main event was Kane defending the title against Big Show, which Big Show won by DQ after just a couple of minutes when Kane hit him with the belt.

Sparrow

I am in two minds about the Kaval thing. On one hand it makes him look stupid not going for the World Heavyweight Cahmpionship but then I think Kayfabe wise it makes him look smart knowing he is not ready for the championship. I don't know.

Glad he won a match though.

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
this could be a angle for kaval to prove himself on smackdown so i'm all for it. After many losses, he wants to show he can beat champions and goes for ziggler, makes sense.

sounds like a decent show :)

Cathal

What an idiot, uses his title shot for the IC belt. There is zero justification behind that logic. I'd rather try and fail to win the World Title.

Jayfunk

I am in two minds about the Kaval thing. On one hand it makes him look stupid not going for the World Heavyweight Cahmpionship but then I think Kayfabe wise it makes him look smart knowing he is not ready for the championship. I don't know.

Glad he won a match though.
I wouldn't want the world heavyweight cahmpionship either to be fair, it sounds like a knock off

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Yeah, all that money he's making to lose really has to suck.

Jayfunk

its not that much and he was never going to make it big as vince doesn't know how to use people like that. he will be release by the end of the year

ScottyB

I think the whole IC title makes sense, Kaval is pissed at Dolph and what better way to get revenge than to take Dolph's belt?

Dante Spears

It can make Kaval look like a tool, or make the IC title mean something, slightly. It all depends on how they play it out.

Jimmy Redman

Why is MVP not talking every week? Seriously, even as a babyface, he sounds better than 95% of their babyfaces, just for being a good talker. That was fun.

SHINING BLACK BITCHES! I'm SO glad he's gone back to that finish. MVP/Drew was actually a good little match, better than it sounds, and some good arm work. I love Drew continuing his apron gimmick too.

WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON?!

With Edge. I mean, he's busting out some epic Psycho Edge here, and he's seriously great in that role, and this would actually be a really good angle and vignette...if Edge was a heel. Seriously, he's acting like a total heel, a total asshole. You would NEVER know he's supposed to be a main event babyface, watching this skit. This makes my brain hurt.

Chris Masters~! I am so glad he's getting a PPV payoff, after the 2010 he's had. Masters/Swagger sounds tasty, too bad they're only getting 5 minutes. OK, the first 10 seconds of this was awesome, Swagger bullies him into the corner, Masters goes "F*ck you, BOOM" punch in the face. I love it. 'Twas a fun little match.

Again, this Edge skit was actually pretty funny, and his acting is tremendous as Psycho Edge. He's just a complete asshole, and I have no idea why.

Kaval/Dolph was about as good as a 2 minute match can be. Cool looking pin. His promo came off OK in the end, but you still know in your mind that he's jobbed the whole time, he just rolled the guy up in a 2 minute match, and suddenly he's got an IC Title shot on PPV. Its ridiculous, but I suppose, its 2010.

Remind me again why Edge is a babyface?

AHAHAHA HOLY MOSES, Cody selling the face! That was fantastic. This match is 30 seconds old, and you need to watch it for this tantrum. Epic. THAT is how Cody needs to work this gimmick. These guys got the 10 minutes today, and this got really good in the end, the nearfalls were fantastic, great finish. Cody lounging~! This is a FANTASTIC MAN.

OK, I laughed at Kane confiding in Rosa Mendes.

No no no no. Layla pinning Nattie so cleanly frightens me. They cant LOSE, right? Surely they're just burying Nattie like they buried the Harts, right? RIGHT? I mean, I've nothing against Nattie, but I'll take her burial over LayCool losing the belts right now. That makes no sense whatsoever. Surely they need to be there when Beth comes back? I dont like this at all.

Well thats just great. Kane the evil monster heel, the man who buried the Undertaker alive, Kane is crying. CRYING, he's inconsolable, because that big mean Edge is bullying his poor defenseless father.

This angle is so, so f*cked up.

At least they had the sense to put Show and Reks together as the freakshow match and didnt let them get in the way of the workrate. And in all fairness, it was only a minute long and it was perfectly fine.

WHY THE JESUS DID THEY NOT PLAY THIS VIDEO ON TV?!

They just played a John Cena "what will he do?" video, and it was great, just great. And HERE is where they show it, on a show nobody watches. Well, I assume they played it on SS too, but literally nobody watches that damn show. How they dont put something like this where people will see it is beyond me. I'm sure they'll make sure they play it on the PPV though. Good thinking.

There's that asshole again. I'm glad he went to all that trouble just to give Kane a clothesline.

What the hell is happening? Why do we need a damn battle royal now? For God sakes. Suddenly I care half as much about the last segment of this show.

OK, to be fair, it wasnt bad. By battle royal standards it was good, short and sweet. Fun finish. I actually really want to see this SS match, there's a hell of a lot of talent there. Too bad I'll miss the show.