Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SmackDown Discussion Thread - August 6, 2010 from Laredo, TX (#572)

TPIB

(SmackDown was taped following WWE NXT on July 28)

Venue
Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, TX

Confirmed Matches/Events

Intercontinental Championship:
Kofi Kingston (c) Vs. Dolph Ziggler

The Sole Women's Champion To Be Determined

Build To SummerSlam

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
nodq.com

WWE Friday Night SmackDown
Airing 6th August

*SmackDown opens with Rey Mysterio. Rey says he did not take out The Undertaker. Drew McIntyre comes out and says he’s going to take out Mysterio just like he did to Christian last week. Rey accepts Drew’s challenge for the main event.

*Cody Rhodes defeated Matt Hardy.

*A backstage segment with Layla, Michelle McCool and Teddy Long. Teddy demands they give up one of the belts and Michelle does. LayCool argues and break the other belt.

*Dolph Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston to become the new WWE Intercontinental Champion. Ziggler got help from Vickie Guerrero in the match. Kofi attacks Dolph after the match and beats him up bad.

*CM Punk, Serena, Joey Mercury and Luke Gallows come out. Punk shows footage of them beating up Big Show last week and brags about it. Punk cuts a promo on his fellow SES members.

*Punk, Gallows and Mercury defeat the team of MVP, JTG and Chris Masters. Good match here with Gallows getting the win for his team.

*Teddy Long and Jack Swagger had a backstage segment. Swagger blamed all his troubles with Kane on Teddy. I think this may have been a segment for arena viewers only since they referenced the dark main event.

*Rey Mysterio defeated Drew McIntyre in the main event with a rollup. This was the best match for SmackDown of the night.

*After the match Kane comes down and there’s a casket. Rey escapes from Kane and says he didn’t take out Undertaker and reveals that Kane was the attacker. SmackDown ends with Kane staring up to the sky for a long time, crying or laughing to himself!

Dante Spears

Er actually that doesn't sound to bad. It's not on the level of Smackdown last year but it seems okay.

H}{H-Evolution

*After the match Kane comes down and there’s a casket. Rey escapes from Kane and says he didn’t take out Undertaker and reveals that Kane was the attacker!

Man, this whole thing was just so badly planned out...and yeah, they telegraphed it right from the start. :lol:

DC

It's not been revealed as of yet, it's just Kane blaming Rey and Rey blaming Kane. Sure, it may (i.e. most likely) will turn out to be Kane, but, as of yet, it's not official.

video767

Here are my thoughts on this week's show.

Opening Segment - Considering neither of these guys are any good on the mic, this was a bland way to start off the show. It was still a bit entertaining, though.

Rhodes vs. Hardy - This match started off slow thanks to Matt Hardy, but got better as it went on thanks to the WWE's only Dashing superstar. I was glad to see the man with perfect knees pick up another win.

Ziggler vs. Kingston - YES! Dolph is finally IC Champ! :lol: It's about damn time...I'm not even upset that he didn't win it cleanly.

SES Promo - This was great. I give mad props to the WWE for giving these guys their power back. I love this new twist of CM Punk being mean to his minions. It's too bad the tag team match that followed was a dud, but at least they won.

Main Event - It was okay, but nothing special here. Not much to note.

So here are a few observations I can make from this week:

1) I find it interesting that two of the brand's biggest stars (Jack Swagger and Big Show) were absent this week. The Big Show thing makes sense though, I guess.

2) Grooming tips will always be funny.

3) Teddy Long doesn't get much airtime anymore. Just to mess around with Lay Cool the last couple of weeks.

4) Rosa looks super hott in a tight top. :thumbup2: :lol:

Last edited:

Dogfingers

Poor Matt and Christian, even though he's past his prime I'd still like to see Matt capture that world title. Are we gonna get a heat warming sentimental Wrestlemainia like the Benoit one any time soon with Matt or Christian capturing a world title against the odds? I'd love to see it but probably not.