Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SmackDown Discussion Thread - August 13, 2010 from San Jose, CA (#573)

TPIB

(SmackDown was taped following NXT on August 10)

Venue

HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Face-Off Between World Heavyweight Champion Kane and #1 Contender Rey Mysterio

Final Build To SummerSlam

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
nodq.com

WWE Friday Night SmackDown
Airing This Week

Cody Rhodes beat Christian

Drew McIntyre beat Matt Hardy

MVP beat Jack Swagger

Kane beat Kofi Kingston

Rey Mysterio beat Dolph Ziggler. Kane came out with casket.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston appears to be taking place at Summerslam.
Dark:

Rey Mysterio beat Kane and Jack Swagger in a steel cage.

video767

Boy, was that un-creative lol. Every single match was a one-on-one match and nothing was special. Not the way to have a final build for your #2 PPV, but whatever.

Sparrow

Yeah bit of a boring Smackdown. Did not feel like a 2010 Smackdown at all, Alberto Del Rio debut next week, I know not many people are looking forward to it, I am, Son of Dos Caras and a short stint in MMA, he has to be atleast half decent in the ring.

DC

Yeah bit of a boring Smackdown. Did not feel like a 2010 Smackdown at all, Alberto Del Rio debut next week, I know not many people are looking forward to it, I am, Son of Dos Caras and a short stint in MMA, he has to be atleast half decent in the ring.
He had his first MMA fight in 2001 and had his last two fights in February of this year, so he's been at it a while.

All in all, he had 14 fights and won 9 of them (seven by submission), so he did pretty well for himself.

Sparrow

He had his first MMA fight in 2001 and had his last two fights in February of this year, so he's been at it a while.

All in all, he had 14 fights and won 9 of them (seven by submission), so he did pretty well for himself.
Oh really? I never knew that. I knew he had quite a few fights but not that many and not in it for so long.

Yeah so in that case, I am expected a little more from him.

Jimmy Redman

Smackdown was pretty solid, I thought, not a great show of course, but solid all the way through and nothing bad. The lack of women was pretty unforgivable though. They do that every so often so I'm not surprised, but when they're the best part of the show its pretty silly. I always hate it when I watch the show for like 90 minutes, we reach 5pm and I realise "sh*t, no women this week."