Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SmackDown Discussion Thread - April 30, 2010 from Hershey, PA (#558)

TPIB

(SmackDown was taped with WWE NXT on April 27)

Venue
Giant Center in Hershey, PA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Chris Jericho Vs. Kofi Kingston

John Morrison Vs. Cody Rhodes

WWE Extreme Rules Fallout

2010 WWE Draft Fallout

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
nodq.com

WWE Friday Night SmackDown
Airing This Week

The show opens with Chris Jericho coming out and delivering his "Farewell to SmackDown" speech.

Kofi Kingston defeated Chris Jericho.

Chavo Guerrero comes out to put himself over for being drafted to SmackDown. Kane comes out to interrupt him. He hits a chokeslam, grabs a mic and says "Welcome Back".

Shad Gaspard comes out and says all the new workers from RAW need to recognize it's his time on SmackDown.

Cody Rhodes defeated John Morrison.

Taped vignettes are airing on the big screen throughout the show of World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger boasting his college accomplishments with his 4.0 average.

Edge is shown walking to the ring.

Edge is out to the ring for a promo. He thanks the fans and says he doesn't want to go to RAW. Christian comes out and they have a moment. Christian calls Edge a liar. Edge plays dumb at first but finally says Christian is right - he can't wait to go to RAW. They brawl and Edge runs away.

WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix & Kelly Kelly defeated Michelle McCool & Layla.

We go backstage to an interview with Matt Hardy. WWE Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre takes him out.

JTG puts himself over in a promo.

CM Punk come outs and is interrupted by MVP. The Straight Edge Society beats down MVP. Rey Mysterio comes out for the save. Teddy Long comes out and sets up Rey Mysterio & MVP vs. CM Punk vs. Luke Gallows. The match is up now.

Rey Mysterio & MVP defeated CM Punk & Luke Gallows. After the match, the guy in the hood attacks Mysterio during the post-match celebration to end the show.
Also Announced at tonight's SmackDown taping in Hershey by Teddy Long for the Over The Limit PPV on Sunday 23rd May. It will be World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger vs. Big Show. Swagger cut a long good promo. Show also did a promo and effectively turned babyface. He was funny and over with the fans.

Also earlier in the evening, Big Show KO'd Chris Jericho backstage, to a big pop from the fans who chanted "Knock Him Out"!
Dark:

Goldust defeated Dos Caras Jr!

Last edited:

ViciousPrism

As if you didn't get that impression from Edge spearing Randy Orton on Monday night.

Jimmy Redman

More interesting is that Show is now a face. Weird move, but since his last run on Smackdown as a heel was completely unbearable, I dont mind them trying something different.

He's fine as someone to feed to Swagger as well.

My cable is out so I'm reading spoilers. It feels so weird reading Smackdown spoilers.

Fletch

At least E&C have a moment!

Sound's alright and I'm looking forward to the new yiounger version of SmackDown!"

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Face Big Show pleases me. Edge heel is also awesome. Couldn't bare him as face.

Dante Spears

As if you didn't get that impression from Edge spearing Randy Orton on Monday night.
I actually didn't because it seemed to be more "Making an impact" then heelish behavior. That and Orton is an anti-face at the moment and he didn't get booed for doing that.

Jimmy Redman

If Chavo's entire gimmick was that he comes out, runs into Kane and gets Chokeslammed and killed, I so wouldnt hate him. Absolute best use he's been put to in years.

Jericho/Kofi was a fun little match, with a nice clean finish too. Jericho leaving Smackdown makes me weep, he's above and beyond everyone else in the company for everything right now.

I dont mind Swagger's little Did You Knows. I still like heel Shad.

Morrison/Cody was a really fun little match. Cody showed a lot and I really think he's going to look like a million bucks in 6 months time. Morrison leaving Smackdown makes me weep even more.

Not weeping so much about Edge, to be honest. The Edge & Christian promo was fun enough, kind of didnt get the desired effect since people clearly still wanted to cheer Edge.

EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE WOMEN RULES. Cant get enough of that match. I love how in every Draft they treat the women like gigantic gains. "KELLY KELLY!" and "WE'VE GOT TORRIE WILSON!" and so forth. Loved Kelly's big unveiling here. I love LayCool's gimmick of having a different t-shirt message every week. I love Michelle working. I loved Vickie bumping Kelly outside like she was Stan Hansen. I LOVED the Slingshot Suplex (been watching my Arn & Tully). And I loved Beth giving Kelly the win, just because she's a nice babyface. These women.

I enjoy Drew killing Matt again, I enjoy Dolph talking, I enjoy JTG talking, all of which have something in common, that being GIVING THE YOUNG GUYS A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING. During Draft week I feel the need to stress this more than ever.

Speaking of which, MVP. (Trying to emphasise his name fails when its already in caps. Imagine I caps locked it for emphasis.) The act of just giving him a microphone and letting him cut a cool promo is so refreshing. I love this show with all my heart.

Tag match was certainly a fun little match. Rey and the SES can feud forever. Swear to God MVP just STOLE SHELTON'S FINISHER the minute he's left the company. I demand INDIGNATION~! But anyway, I like the mystery man angle. My mother first thought it was Batista, no really, Batista, because he was wearing Timberlands. Serious.

OK, the main event segment RULED. Swagger as Vickie Guerrero with the crowd was immense, plus I'm glad he was so over. His long, obnoxious "I'm better than everyone else" promo was great. And the Big freaking Show! This dude was great. He was funny. The crowd saying "KNOCK HIM OUT" and Swagger stepping the f*ck back was AWESOME. And then Show knocking him out was glorious. Seriously, Show as the jolly funny dude who goes around knocking all of the heels the F*CK out, that is an awesome gimmick. You have no idea how happy I am that I dont hate Show now he's back on Smackdown.

All in all this was a really good show, the matches were all good, it never dragged, and they did good to set up for all the new guys straight away. Awesome stuff.

Dante Spears

This might be wrong but that stupid gap in Shad Gaspard's teeth makes him hard to take seriously.

Also why is Cody still coming out to Legacy graphics?

StefanC

Big Show is brilliant in the role he has right now.
All smiles and really enjoying himself.
I'm not sure it will happen but I gotta ask, how many of you see the Big Show winning the WHC from Swagger?
I would love it.

Dante Spears

Also it seems like they've dropped the Edge and Christian being brothers thing. I'm rather let down. On the other hand hopefully that stupid "SPEAR, SPEAR, SPEAR" chant will be gone.

If the storyline is that Ziggler has actually killed Hornswoggle in story I will be infinitely happy. If this is the start of a Ziggler Hornswoggle feud I might cry. If this is the start of a Ziggler Finlay feud with Hornsowggle in the corner I will go "Eh"

Swear to God MVP just STOLE SHELTON'S FINISHER the minute he's left the company. I demand INDIGNATION~!
I'm happy if it means MVP is going to stay the hell away from the overdrive. I'm only annoyed because in keeping with MVP's utter inability to do anything decent in the ring except talk, the finisher looks like crap.

Holy Crap they almost drowned Swagger out. And people say he can't draw heat.

Last edited:

Jimmy Redman

Yeah, the Playmaker is sh*tty as hell so I would love if he does ditch it.

And Swagger's heat was immense. Loved it.

video767

SmackDown was okay tonight. Nothing that special, but better than I expected with the weak roster. I enjoyed the part with the "masked man", as well as Swagger's promo. Oh, and of course that catfight.... :D

What did I dislike? The stupid Edge/Christian segment, Dolph Ziggler talking about the little man and Masters' breasts. :-X

takemethere

I knew spearing Orton wasn't a proper heel turn! The crowd were all smiles when Edge came out. They kind of ruined his actual heel turn though, there was just zero reaction when he told Christian he was right. That segment really wasn't as good as I was hoping.

MVP interrupting Punk was the highlight for me.

The Cork

Watching Smackdown, I realised something.

I really could not care for half the WWE roster. They need a gimmick or something, people like Cody Rhodes or Ziggler bore all life out of me.

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Watching Smackdown, I realised something.

I really could not care for half the WWE roster. They need a gimmick or something, people like Cody Rhodes or Ziggler bore all life out of me.
That's exactly why I very rarely watch Smackdown. There is more or less nobody on the show who I care about enough to watch. The show is boring. Punk, and now Christian, are the only two I can think of who I don't mind watching, and that's being generous.

I really don't enjoy watching Rey Mysterio or the Diva segments and both get a lot of TV time which makes the show bad for me. Also, Dolph Ziggler, Cryme Tyme, Kofi, Drew Macintyre are just dull in my opinion.